Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:38:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686625
  • Total Topics: 118115
  • Online Today: 777
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (KICKSTARTER) Twisted  (Read 2545 times)

Offline discok3

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
(KICKSTARTER) Twisted
« on: March 04, 2016, 09:11:18 AM »
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1884748152/twisted-a-steampunk-miniatures-game

Hi Gents
Mentioned this in a previous post but seeing as the KS is live and doing amazingly well I thought you'd appreciate the chance to jump on board
Stunning sculpts that are available in resin or metal via the KS,brilliant new scenery and sone excellent rules examples and explanations
These guys have put together what looks to be a cracking little game so give it a look and see what you think
Cheers
Kev
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 09:21:45 AM by Malamute »
Good moaning

Online Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
Re: (KICKSTARTER) Twisted
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 09:22:20 AM »
Some lovely looking sculpts in there. :)
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline AndrewBeasley

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 09:31:01 PM »
I love both the imagery used to meld classical figures into the game and the resulting figures and terrain but why so large  :o ???

I would love to use these with my current figures but they will tower over them  :'( :'( :'( >:(

Offline pixelgeek

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 03:21:01 AM »
I would love to use these with my current figures but they will tower over them  :'( :'( :'( >:(

That is my problem as well. They wouldn't fit in with any of my current VSF figures or any of the ones I plan to buy.

Very nice looking minis though and congrats to them on getting funded.

Offline discok3

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2016, 09:50:30 AM »
I own quite a few of these and they're not that large to be honest.I know that there are plenty of people who will always want compatibility with existing ranges and I can understand people's frustration but maybe you should buy a sculpt first before assuming they're too large.
I'm thinking that with all the detail these guys are trying facilitate the area to enhance this and to make them attractive to painters too?
Anyway they're making them specifically for their game so can't necessarily be expected to take the VSF 28mm community into account.
Only my opinion fellas and not in any way trying to antagonise anyone or say your point isn't valid.If they don't work for you then it's Demented Games who lose out on your potential business in the end..they get my business as its the whole game/figure and terrain that I'm interested in so they had me from the start

Offline pixelgeek

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2016, 02:08:39 PM »
I own quite a few of these and they're not that large to be honest.I know that there are plenty of people who will always want compatibility with existing ranges and I can understand people's frustration but maybe you should buy a sculpt first before assuming they're too large.

I've never seen a mini that has been advertised as 32mm that works with standard 28mm VSF and 28mm Historical figs. I'm certainly not frustrated as these wouldn't really fit into any games I play and I wouldn't want to take the time to paint all that additional detail. Pretty minis though. 

In addition, the figures are bursting with detail. Which makes them great to paint and great to look at but they like really odd standing next to Artizan figs  :)

I suspect that if I was making a game I would follow the same path though as the painting market is a lot bigger than the 28mm VSF market. Building a game with these types of minis opens you up to the painting market and that just makes far more financial sense.

Offline Nord

• Mad Scientist
    • Nord's Painting Saga
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2016, 03:06:23 PM »
I have a handful of these figures and they really are superb. The resin casts are about the best I have seen, insanely detailed - every tiny tooth on the teeny tiny cogs are perfect. They are far better casts than FW I can genuinely say that. For me, they are lovely sculpts too, though obviously everybody has different opinions on beauty.

On the scale thing, they are a good match to Malifaux figures, if you have any of those. I do, so I am happy with them. Thinking I might jump in small scale and get the Egyptian faction, though already have a shit load of steampunk to paint up.

Offline discok3

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2016, 07:07:56 PM »
I hear you Pixelgeek..wise words.
Although I said that they'd appeal to the painting market I hadn't considered that is was larger than say the gaming market...do you know this?..I suppose lots of peeps love to paint and can't be bothered to game..hadn't given it a lot of thought though

Offline pixelgeek

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2016, 08:19:25 PM »
Although I said that they'd appeal to the painting market I hadn't considered that is was larger than say the gaming market...do you know this?..I suppose lots of peeps love to paint and can't be bothered to game..hadn't given it a lot of thought though

It might not be bigger than the full gaming market but painters as a whole are going to be a larger market than any miniature niche. 

Offline Nord

• Mad Scientist
    • Nord's Painting Saga
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2016, 08:54:22 AM »
Last couple of days on this kickstarter. I'm in for a starter set and a couple of extras, plus there's a handful of free figures in my pledge too. These will look great in with my Malifaux and Confrontation collection.