Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:48:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690984
  • Total Topics: 118362
  • Online Today: 706
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Anvil Industry - Afterlife. What minis fit with them?  (Read 1623 times)

Offline Diablo Jon

• Mastermind
Anvil Industry - Afterlife. What minis fit with them?
« on: March 16, 2016, 07:42:21 AM »
I bought some of these guys from Anvil industry's Afterlife game to use as an alternative 40K storm trooper model

When the minis arrived I was really taken with them really good detail, made from a really nice resin and loads of character the one problem is they are small 28s with realistic proportions which means they don't fit with most of my current sci-fi minis that well. Having said that the range has some lovely models and would be great for my near future/hard sci-fi itch. So really I was wondering what other sci-fi ranges would these Anvil figures mix well with? any suggestions?

Cheers Jon

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The dog, the dog, he's at it again
Re: Anvil Industry - Afterlife. What minis fit with them?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 02:44:35 PM »
VOID and Urban War stuff should work fairly well, and Heresy miniatures too especially if you aren't allergic to "not-X" type of thingy. Not that I've actually put any of those alongside my Afterlife minis as of yet.

Kev White I believe also generally does fairly "true 28mm" (and lot of that of the "not-X" variety) stuff under his own Hasslefree banner but I can't vouch for that personally. And seeing as the Hansa Nairoba figure he did for Beyond the Gates of Antares is larger, I have a bit of a doubt. I'm sure someone can verify either way.

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Chicago Skirmish Wargames
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 08:05:34 PM »
I don't have any experience with Anvile figs, but check out the denizen Sci-Fi figs.  They are very true-scale 27mm (sole to eyeline), so they might be too small, but they are really finely done figs.  Extremely affordable too. I like them alot and have made the Venturan and Khiff one of my Sci-Fi factions.

Here's how the Ventauran and Khiff stack up against Grenadier/EM4 Future warrior and an Urban Mammoth Urban War Gladiator.

With GZG and GW (courtesy of Saxon Dog's blog)

Except for two officer figures with exposed heads/faces the ostensibly alien Ventaurans make fine humans. There's also a "Federation" faction of armored humans the same size and a "Mid-Tech" ("not" Aliens Colonial Marines) faction as well.
http://www.denizenminiatures.co.uk
They are exceptionally well detailed miniatures, even more impressive when one considers that the sculpts are over 25 years old!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 08:11:58 PM by eilif »

Offline Diablo Jon

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2016, 08:22:24 PM »
Thanks guys appreciate the pointers.

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The dog, the dog, he's at it again
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2016, 07:29:27 AM »
Another thing that came to mind is Wh40k Eldar. They are slimmer at least than your usual GW fare, not sure if they are too tall -- would have to do a comparison on that too. Availability should be good anyway and one expects there are decently priced "starter set" deals on them too. They are sculpted with rather cartoonish elf faces, but if you stick to troops with who have their helmets on they should easily pass for humans with a somewhat peculiar and rather specific aesthetic preferences. Used as intended as xenos, they are IMCO rather faux (as in "Star Trek alien") but itch his own of course.