Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:40:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690883
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Beefcake's Supers project, 22 October. More terrain done.  (Read 10436 times)

Offline Zeebeest

• Bookworm
Hey,

Really looking good there.

And fantastic names :). I personally think that's important too.

Keep 'em comming.

Greetings,

Zeebeest.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
For some reason I don't like using the classic superheroes. I prefer to have a bit more ownership over my supers

The containers look very effective and the wash makes them look suitably grimy. :)

Thanks, I'll have to cast up some more. I've seen some nice MDF kits on ebay for a cargo ship (small and was featured here a while ago) and a container crane. I want them, I want them bad. I think I'll focus on different things for now though.

Offline Ramshackle_Curtis

• Mastermind
    • http://www.ramshacklegames.co.uk/
Hey this project is shaping up really nicely. I love your comic book colour choices. Those scratch built containers really look the part too. You should have a go at casting them in resin instead of plaster. You can use general purpose resin, or GP resin, which you can get from building suppliers (its the stuff you use with fiberglass). Its really easy to use and your models will be much stronger than made with paster. You can even mix in a filler like flour or sand to make the whole process even cheaper.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
I originally made them in resin as I had an insert that cut down on the amount of resin used. I may look into cheap resins (as opposed to proper miniature quality ones) $20 delivered for 20kg of plaster is pretty good though, that makes around 60 containers so 33c a container is pretty good price in my books. I spend more on painting them, lol. I've still got a few more Ramshackle guys on the go at the moment to go with these guys. Ventricle will be some muscle for the robot cyborg boss.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
Here are some of the building pieces of printed off. To make things quicker I'm going to make molds and cast these, probably in plaster for the thicker bits and maybe I'll spring for some cheap resin for the small pieces. They still require a bit of work though as there has been a bit of warping so some filling some sanding is needed.
I put Mr Crabby in for scale. I will be making these so they are a few flights tall, 3 or four maybe a big one as well in there as well. Walls will be made from foamboard. I need to rework the top cornice as well as it isn't long enough.

Put together roughly
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 07:15:29 AM by beefcake »

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Beefcake's Supers project, Building 3d prints
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2016, 01:04:59 AM »
Nice, would you be willing to share that? I see my local library has a 3d printer and offers classes, they just tell people to bring the templates of what they want to print.
Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2016, 01:33:21 AM »
Sure thing. I'll just fix up some of the things that needed doing. I'll put these pieces onto thingiverse and give you the link. Not sure if I can send files through PM here.

Unfortunately my printer is playing up at the moment, luckily I got the last stuff printed that I needed to for this project.

And link to files if anyone wants them

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1474488
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 02:40:28 AM by beefcake »

Offline Puuka

• Mad Scientist
  • The Deputies come
    • Shaggy Puuka Dice Bags and Accessories.
Here are some of the building pieces of printed off. To make things quicker I'm going to make molds and cast these, probably in plaster for the thicker bits and maybe I'll spring for some cheap resin for the small pieces. They still require a bit of work though as there has been a bit of warping so some filling some sanding is needed.
I put Mr Crabby in for scale. I will be making these so they are a few flights tall, 3 or four maybe a big one as well in there as well. Walls will be made from foamboard. I need to rework the top cornice as well as it isn't long enough.

Put together roughly

I would almost leave the "glass" out and then the user can either use clear plastic from clam shell packaging or just back it with painted card or some other material of choice. (If they don't want actual see through windows. It would save you some minimal plastic, and give it more versatility.
Looking for a set of rules that adaptable for different genres.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2016, 08:08:57 PM »
Funny you say that because a couple of days ago I did just that. Haven't printed it off yet though. Thanks for the thought :)
The main reason for doing it this way was so they would be stronger if cast in plaster but I may try and do small thin pieces in resin.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2016, 05:27:47 AM »
I've got 4 more completed (1 still needs the base painted)

Dryad - Ramshackle miniature. She'll probably be a baddy, undecided. I'll probably look into some carnivorous plants to act as minions for her. I know Ramshackle have a few but I'm kind of after "Little Shop of Horrors" ones if anyone knows of some (small though, not big).

The Sleeper - Malifaux dreamer mini (have MR Chompy somewhere too) Kind of a neutral one. Thinks the world is a dream.

Night Terror - Nasteez miniature. Will be a tank type villain that can creep in the shadows. Just a quick drybrush paint job on this guy.

Man of Iron - Ramshackle - When I started painting him yellow and red I didn't realise how much he would look like Ironman hence his name. He's a hero guy.

Group shots

« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 07:15:59 AM by beefcake »

Offline supervike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2016, 08:39:44 PM »
Really loving this whole thread.

Keep it up Beefcake!!

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2016, 10:21:28 PM »
Cheers :)

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2017, 07:06:07 AM »
Well another thread that has fallen afoul of Photobucket.
Anyway, I've had some progress on this lately. A few new supers with quick paints. I'm not happy with all of them. The Red guy turned out too pink. I should have used some orange in the highlights. Anyway, here they are.
IMG_20170813_174552 by Kieran , on Flickr
I was going to call this guy Ring puncher but decided not to.  lol

IMG_20170813_174608 by Kieran , on Flickr

IMG_20170813_174625 by Kieran, on Flickr
This is a Reaper Bones I recently got and thought he would make a great bad guy. Crocasaur or something suitably reptilian.

IMG_20170813_174710 by Kieran , on Flickr

IMG_20170813_174640 by Kieran , on Flickr

IMG_20170813_174723 by Kieran , on Flickr

IMG_20170813_174737 by Kieran , on Flickr
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 10:17:26 PM by beefcake »

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Re: Beefcake's Supers project, Progress... finally.
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2017, 07:43:22 AM »
Great line up. I think Crocosaur fits in brilliantly. I've not seen the figure before but it would fit in with my team of experimental mutants very nicely.  I'm going to have to find it now!

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
Re: Beefcake's Supers project, Progress... finally.
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2017, 08:42:58 AM »
Cheers. Bones 3 came with about 3 or so guys like this. Another was a boar and a bat. I think both will make it to my supers line up.