Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:59:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689489
  • Total Topics: 118281
  • Online Today: 568
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [COMMERCIAL] Madame Ner'Gabba - Heresy Miniatures  (Read 5257 times)

Offline Giger

• Mad Scientist
    • Crucium Giger's Blog
[COMMERCIAL] Madame Ner'Gabba - Heresy Miniatures
« on: April 02, 2016, 12:23:41 AM »
Andy of Heresy Miniatures has just assembled the first full cast of the Madame and she's quite simply incredible:

Lots more images on the Heresy website: www.heresyminiatures.com/madame

Offline Vermis

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mini Sculpture
Re: [COMMERCIAL] Madame Ner'Gabba - Heresy Miniatures
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 02:18:44 AM »

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 02:58:59 AM »
Yep, spotted this on facebook. Looks very nice. I'm assuming the green parts are not cast yet.

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2016, 10:40:20 AM »
She is an amazing model, I have one due from the Kickstarter and have to admit a certain trepidation about how to paint her.
Has been fascinating to watch her develop from the original basic sluglike idea.

I am really looking forward to seeing the Netherhalls game Andy has been working on. If the imagination he has for characters and monsters transfers to the rules and setting it will be amazing.

Offline mweaver

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2016, 03:06:19 AM »
Ewwww.  Very creepy.

Offline djbii

• Librarian
  • The Goblin King
    • HotT 'n' Stuff
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2016, 10:51:58 AM »
Eldritch :)
A life spent making mistakes is not only honorable but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.” –  George Bernard Shaw

https://hottnstuff.blogspot.com/ (was http://hitlh.blogspot.com.au/)

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2016, 11:33:14 AM »
I was looking for a jaba the hut like creep to lead my galatic church in sci-fi games. I think I found it. Man that thing is disgusting in all the right ways.
Tough maybe a bit large, and expansive. (with good reason, but still)
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline Dolmot

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2016, 11:46:26 AM »
I just have to remind myself over and over that it's not bendy plastic like the Cthulhu Wars dark young who's standing on top of my display cabinet. :P

(Got one as a random gift. A strange coincidence with the colour and anatomy.)

Offline MinionDan

• Lurker
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2016, 05:34:10 PM »
I am of course biased (Heresy Minion) but she is even better up close. She will be in the cabinets at Salute so come have a look!

@Dolmot Yes coincidence.  All our Masters (used to make the moulds) are red so they don't get confused with the grey production models which are sent to customers.

@robh I'm sure it will be fine, there is so much nice texture that a quick basecoat and wash and she will look ok. I am hopeless when it comes to painting and I'm tempted to give her a go!  Of course you still have to choose the colour scheme...

@beefcake yes the green bits are the actual original sculpts. They will either be on a mould all together or maybe even in metal. Thin resin bits are a pain for snapping if you catch them. No fun if you want to put them on the gaming table.

Offline throwsFireball

• Scientist
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2016, 05:44:07 PM »
Jesus, she's beautiful a wonderful sculpt. Exactly the sort of demon I've been looking for.

Any plans to do her in metal / plastic? Not sure if either of them would end up being cheaper than £100. o_o

Offline MinionDan

• Lurker
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2016, 10:20:49 PM »
No plans for either I'm afraid. In metal the cost would be insane! She's a big girl! Big models also suffer from spin casting problems. She would need to be hacked into lots of pieces to fit in the mould. Large metal causes pitting problems, little holes on the surface. It's why the Netherlords are now in Resin.

I don't think the cost in plastic would be any better, I don't think we'd sell enough to cover the tooling costs. She would take up a fair few sprues I know if money was no issue (lottery win!) Andy would probably love to do her in plastic as part of a Netherhells game.  ;)

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2016, 10:35:31 PM »

That's all I got! Looks fun!
2024 Painted Miniatures: 187
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Vermis

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mini Sculpture
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2016, 11:25:55 PM »
That's all I got!

I might add a bit more... :)

Man that thing is disgusting in all the right ways.

she's beautiful a wonderful sculpt.

You guys have hit on it. I've sometimes said something about the difference between 'sculpting ugly' and 'ugly sculpting'. This is a great example of the former. On the face of it (and if I know Andy), in my view, there's a lot of thought, reference, extrapolation and hard-won sculpting experience, put into the design, anatomy, details, pose and character.
IMO Andy's blended them with rare skill. Even if you take one part like the clasped hands - such a simple but great and insightful indication of the character's personality. (when a lot of fantasy minis fall back on a variant of the old snarl/grimace on a jumping jack/Captain Morgan/standing there pose. Well, among minis that have the legs for it, anyway.) It's backed up with a very careful, detailed and natural execution: the shape of the joints and phalanges, and the way the fingers and heels of the palms interlock and push against eachother. It's carried on to the way the bracelets bunch and hang (their presence another good hint of the vanity and opulence of the character); the flab and texture of the arms (props to the man who painstakingly studies and reproduces saggy bingo-wings, to say nothing of the rest of the torso!); the skull-like eye-sockets and cheekbones over the fleshy cheeks, neck-folds, and very characterful grin; the details, texture and curling, writhing pose of the tentacles-cum-horns (google 'octopus tentacle' to see the nuances Andy captured. Although judging by some of the grooves on the back, I'd hazard there's also some influence from someone I know he's a fan of!); and so on, and all together.

It's a tour de force. In fact, not to belittle his past works (especially not the long struggle with the dragon, which I own) but I personally think Ner'gabba is the sculpt that puts Andy Foster among the best fantasy miniature sculptors. Heck, not too shabby among any kind of fantasy/creature sculptors. I hope it does well for him.

Offline throwsFireball

• Scientist
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2016, 08:38:31 AM »
No plans for either I'm afraid. In metal the cost would be insane! She's a big girl! Big models also suffer from spin casting problems. She would need to be hacked into lots of pieces to fit in the mould. Large metal causes pitting problems, little holes on the surface. It's why the Netherlords are now in Resin.

I don't think the cost in plastic would be any better, I don't think we'd sell enough to cover the tooling costs. She would take up a fair few sprues I know if money was no issue (lottery win!) Andy would probably love to do her in plastic as part of a Netherhells game.  ;)

Damn. I've got a couple of old miniatures that are hollow casts, maybe that (but like you say, the tooling would probably be too much)?

It's so good. o_o

Offline Shaved Dwarf

• Scientist
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2016, 10:00:51 AM »
My miniature world has two heroes: Kev White for sculpting the best humans and Andy Foster for sculpting the best monsters/demons. With this new sculpt Andy has proven again why he is my hero!  8)