Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 06:47:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: First Look at Frostgrave: Into the Breeding Pits  (Read 11349 times)

Offline Psychopomp

• Librarian
Re: First Look at Frostgrave: Into the Breeding Pits
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2016, 05:13:20 PM »

I'm hoping I can use my Dungeon Saga tiles for this.  I have a whole box full of them from the Kickstarter.

Offline Roger

• Librarian
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2016, 05:29:26 PM »
Like a dummy ,I got excited when I saw Into the breeding pits advertised on Northstar.
Forgot all about the starter packs and paid for the book...Doh !!!
Might have to end up with 2 books ,but it looks like an excellent addition to an allready excellent game.
I can totaly understand the way this game has taken off and grown (organicaly is a perfect description).
Cant wait for this next addition. My hats off to Joe and all at Northstar.

Roger
You know its a good day when, you wake up and your elbows dont hit wood :)

Offline joe5mc

• Mastermind
    • The Renaissance Troll
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2016, 06:27:05 PM »
Thanks Roger. I'm sure if you email Nick he can sort out your order.

Offline Roger

• Librarian
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2016, 08:29:24 PM »
Thanks Joe, appreciate that.

Roger

Offline Digitarii

• Scientist
  • I don't suffer from insanity. I ENJOY it!
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2016, 08:31:27 PM »
Placed my level 4 Gnickstarter order with Brigade games today. I'm looking forward to the new stuff!
"My claim is based on rational thought and the fact that I've got more than enough charges in my Tesla Cannon to leave nothing but your twitching, smoldering digits!" - Nelson, Full Frontal Nerdity

Gold foil, diamond-etched, creme filled, limited-edition, collector's item number one anger issues

Offline Like_Clockwork

• Bookworm
  • "The only way to meet your equal, is to become it"
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2016, 04:24:31 AM »
I'm more of an enchanter (if I haven't made that obvious enough in my time on this forum) so it doesn't look like Breeding Pits will have much for me. I am however, excited to see any and all new magic items, as well as new scenarios and war band soldiers. I also am hoping the dungeon aspect this is bringing to the game will be widely modifiable. Looking at it, I saw a snippet on traps? That has my attention. All in all, really excited for it, and the other additions around the corner. Please keep growing this game, it has most certainly stolen my heart.

Thank you,
Like Clockwork
I do hope you enjoyed reading whatever it is I have typed, I likely put some thought into it, and appreciate when others look into my brain and go, "Huh, okay"

Offline Daniel36

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2016, 01:28:10 PM »
Very excited for all the new models, though admittedly I haven't done ANYTHING miniature wise lately... But once I get back into it, it will be into Frostgrave, for sure!!

I am sure this has been asked somewhere, but are all the schools going to get a variant wizard model? I am liking the look of the ones shown so far a lot! I want to end up with at least one of every miniature in this range! :D

Offline Plus Four

• Librarian
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2016, 05:45:52 PM »
The new wizards are excellent! The Elementalist is generic enough to be used for any of the schools whilst the soothsayer has a particularly menacing pose!

Offline Philhelm

• Scientist
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2016, 05:22:44 PM »
Very excited for all the new models, though admittedly I haven't done ANYTHING miniature wise lately... But once I get back into it, it will be into Frostgrave, for sure!!

I am sure this has been asked somewhere, but are all the schools going to get a variant wizard model? I am liking the look of the ones shown so far a lot! I want to end up with at least one of every miniature in this range! :D

Where have you seen variant wizard models?

Offline tyrionhalfman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2016, 07:54:19 PM »
I assume he means the new wizards shown on the gnickstarter page in the north star magazine http://nstarmagazine.com/INTO_THE_BREEDING_PITS.htm

Lots of lovely new models to join our lead and plastic mountains

Offline Digitarii

• Scientist
  • I don't suffer from insanity. I ENJOY it!
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2016, 09:46:32 PM »
I want the new soothsayer and apprentice because stylistically, they will mesh perfectly with my North Star Sohei Monk Buntai models.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2016, 11:30:43 PM »
Just pre-ordered. I copied the receipt from the northstar page and emailed it to myself and my own email account put it's own email address into the junk... strange.

Offline mdauben

• Scientist
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2016, 08:35:40 PM »
Placed my level 4 Gnickstarter order with Brigade games today. I'm looking forward to the new stuff!
I did the same the other day.  The Level 4 package looks like the best choice to me! :D
Mike

Offline Psychopomp

• Librarian
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2016, 02:40:34 PM »

I'm also in for the Level 4 from Brigade Games, plus a few odds and ends I've been needing.  Like the genie and lamp, so I can one day try out that scenario.

Offline dwbullock

• Scientist
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2016, 05:59:03 PM »
I know I will probably be told to wait until the book comes out ... but have I missed the Gnoll wizard/apprentice?  Looks like you can make a warband of Gnolls, but who will be leading them?  The chieftain, I assume, would act like a Captain.  Wondering if they must be led by a beastmaster wizard.

I'm buying either way, because the Gnolls look great.  Just pondering as to whether or not there is some surprise Gnoll wizard popping out in the near future.