Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:18:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Giant Crab painted and Hard Suit greens.  (Read 9402 times)

Offline wolfgangbrooks

• Mad Scientist
    • http://www.recreationalconflict.com
Giant Crab painted and Hard Suit greens.
« on: January 13, 2009, 06:22:12 AM »
Sculpt by Brian Cooke

A Giant Crab stalking it's natural prey.

It's 15mm tall, 55mm wide including legs and the one pictured is 40mm lengthwise. It includes 4 small metal claws and two real whoppers in resin.

We finally got this in production, and I just need to put it up on the website. Which should be sometime tonight. (We're going to sell it at a discount for about a month.) We've got Toben's fighter too, and it's just waiting for me to finish the promo paint job and make an assembly guide.

And another one of the pieces I wanted to make since we started Lead Bones, a hard diving suit. It's not quite like the concept art I sent out. However I love the final execution. The final model is apparently about 36-38mm tall. (I don't have the green in hand yet.)

Sculpt by Frozen Planet Studios

We haven't decided whether to do this in metal or resin yet. Or even what to call it exactly... But I'm plenty excited about it, and I hope you are too.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 07:51:25 AM by wolfgangbrooks »
Recreational Conflict: www.recreationalconflict.com

Jibbery style oinkery which don't make no damn sense.

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
  • We have no time for Trucers!
    • Black Army Productions
Re: Giant Crab painted and Hard Suit greens.
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 06:30:28 AM »
Brilliant stuff, Wolfgang. Good sculpts, and both incredibly useful for any number of things.

I'm very interested in them, particularly your "diving suit" type, as I've been looking for a fig like that for several months now, and would happily buy one or two of them (heck, maybe more). Any idea when they might be available?

-Doc

Offline wolfgangbrooks

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 06:45:48 AM »
Depends on if we choose metal or resin. Resin might be faster and might (read: probably will) be cheaper. However resin's got it's own problems. :) We're trying to shoot for a mid February release.

Forgot to mention that the Hard Suit will be part of a retro sci-fi line including toben's fighter, and some diving suit guys I'm working on that could double for space suits. And maybe some accessory kits for the fighter and hard suit.

I'd kind of like to add to this in the future some spaceship crew and fixed weapons similar to the ones in Forbidden Planet. I don't think there's anything quite like them out there. And most certainly some non-humanoid aliens. It might be awhile though. :)

Offline matakishi

• The Teacher
  • Galactic Brain
  • Cousin of Hammers
    • Matakishi's Tea House
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 07:38:28 AM »
That suit is great :) I need some of those.

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
  • We have no time for Trucers!
    • Black Army Productions
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 07:57:23 AM »
Depends on if we choose metal or resin. Resin might be faster and might (read: probably will) be cheaper. However resin's got it's own problems. :) We're trying to shoot for a mid February release.

Forgot to mention that the Hard Suit will be part of a retro sci-fi line including toben's fighter, and some diving suit guys I'm working on that could double for space suits. And maybe some accessory kits for the fighter and hard suit.

I'd kind of like to add to this in the future some spaceship crew and fixed weapons similar to the ones in Forbidden Planet. I don't think there's anything quite like them out there. And most certainly some non-humanoid aliens. It might be awhile though. :)

You'll definitely have an order for at least a couple from me when they are released, resin or metal:) Do you have a website? (Forgive me if the answer is obvious, as I'm new to the forum) CORRECTION: Just saw that you are at Recreational Conflict. :)

I like the other ideas you've mentioned. Diving suits would be great - the only one I'm aware of is nice but attached to a surface crew, and not as useful. There's also been some talk over on the Miniatures Page on and off with folks wanting more underwater types, in general. Personally, I think that's a good idea - but space suits, in general, would be great, too.  And right on with the Forbidden Planet stuff!

-Doc
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 08:35:22 AM by Doc Twilight »

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2009, 09:43:14 AM »
Love the suited figure as well.

Loads of potential for many different situations.

Offline Shaved Dwarf

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2009, 10:15:59 AM »
I like those. Especially the suit (reminds me of BioShock).

Offline Trysop

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2009, 12:08:50 PM »
Hi,

Firstly lovely work :)

Can you expand on what the different claw options are please?

Is there any chance the diver will be available, even as a pre order, before the special offer on the crab is over?

BTW, Doc Twilight,  HLBS does a good set of deep sea divers which are down the bottom of this page:

http://www.hlbs.co.uk/type.php?id=83

They are nice minis, but as HLBS are stopping 28mm production they may not be about for much longer :(

« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 12:13:37 PM by Trysop »

Offline Svennn

• Galactic Brain
  • Balding bloke with a 'V'
    • Svenns Little Men
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2009, 03:09:27 PM »
Fancy painting that suit I must say. No use for it but I will pick one up if chance arrises.
"A jewelled sceptre plucked by order to serve their cause"

Offline wolfgangbrooks

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2009, 06:42:48 PM »
Thanks for the comments everyone, can't wait to see how these do.

"Is there any chance the diver will be available, even as a pre order, before the special offer on the crab is over? ... Can you expand on what the different claw options are please?"

I'll see what I can do on the first one. Here's an 'exploded' view I'm working on for the instructions:

I've also thought about adding some more in resin. Like maybe a chainsaw replacement claw, or long tentacles to turn the body into a jellyfish like alien. I wonder if it's weird that that's the first thing I thought about while I was assembling the body of the painted one.

If anyone wants painting inspiration, this is the pic I used for reference:

All the colors of the rainbow! :)

Offline The Gonk

• Assistant
    • Little Lead Heroes
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2009, 08:42:51 PM »
What, no razor-edged mechanical claws???  Oh well, I can scratch build...  I really like the diver, BTW.

Offline Hauptgefreiter

• Mastermind
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2009, 09:45:31 PM »
The diver is sensational!  :o
Will there be different arm sets (for tools or what else stuff) available? Some kind of submarine vehicle would also be a nice addition...
per aspera ad astra

Offline Eisenfaust

• Scientist
  • Gamer geek, itinerant cyborg and Viking shaman
    • My blog: Dispatches from the Rim
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2009, 10:59:59 PM »
I too really like that hardsuit for a "not-Bioshock" Big Brother. I'd buy at least a couple, maybe more depending on the price and options.
dispatchesfromtherim.blogspot.com
www.brassandblood.com

Offline Unforgiven

• Scientist
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2009, 12:11:13 AM »
The guy in the suit is awesome, some arm options like guns and drill arms would  be pretty sweet  8)

Offline wolfgangbrooks

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2009, 12:19:55 AM »
Gun and drill are in the bottom of the picture with the other parts, right under the torso. We could make more depending on how it sells.

"Some kind of submarine vehicle would also be a nice addition..."

You can thank Moonfleet for snatching some submarine sculpts out from under me. Otherwise I'd be showing them too.  ::) I definitely want to add some troop carrier/attack subs to the line. We'll see what's in the works after the next convention gives us some more money to play with.