Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:55:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689767
  • Total Topics: 118294
  • Online Today: 786
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Pulp Alley at Drums Along the Rapids - Ft. Meigs AAR  (Read 6012 times)

Offline mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Investigating curiosities around the globe...
    • Worldwidemike
Re: Pulp Alley at Drums Along the Rapids - Ft. Meigs AAR
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2016, 05:05:44 AM »
I apologize for taking a month to reply to this thread. I had a blast finally getting to PLAY a Pulp Alley game. To this point, I had only GM'd Pulp Alley...never having a chance to be a player. So, thanks for running the game, Mike! And you are welcome -- I think all players should help out GMs when they know the rules. There is so much to balance when teaching and running a game. Players who know the rules should help out.

Mike, that comic-style AAR is awesome. I may have to sign up for a free trial of it. I assume it is easy to use....?

I'm going to check my phone...I think I still have pics from the game. If I do, I'll post them.

Mike Demana
http://leadlegionaries.blogspot.com/

Offline mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Investigating curiosities around the globe...
    • Worldwidemike
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2016, 05:32:13 AM »
Here are my two best pics from the game...

They show Mike's great board he set up. Great figs, great terrain, and great fun!

Mike Demana
http://leadlegionaries.blogspot.com/

Offline pistolpete

• Mad Scientist
  • Rent money is for rent - telly savalas
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2016, 07:04:48 PM »
The Phipps clan has been seriously productive in turning out new Pulp Products--except for t-shirts! I sent a plea to Mr. Phipps for permission to the rights to have my own Pulp Alley shirt for my convention games, and he kindly acquiesced. The shirt was made  at a local custom t-shirt shop at an outrageously high price, but still quite worth it.

The time is well nigh for Dave and Mila to add a line of custom Pulp Alley clothing to their ever-expanding pulp emporium.  :D

completely agree they need some tee's (and hats) available.

Offline oabee

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2016, 11:43:02 PM »
I apologize for taking a month to reply to this thread. I had a blast finally getting to PLAY a Pulp Alley game. To this point, I had only GM'd Pulp Alley...never having a chance to be a player./

Thanks for your kind words, Mike. My plan next year for Drums Along the Rapids is to do just one Pulp Alley scenario (for reasons previously mentioned) and participate as a player in another....specifically your Song of Drums and Tomahawks game, assuming-hopefully!-you'll be back next year! And if you're coming back to Ft. Meigs in November, maybe we can work out a similar deal, as I plan on doing Pulp Alley for that.

As to the ease of working with the Comic Life software, I had some minor problems here and there, but mastered them over time. Nothing major.

And thanks for the piccies! I see that as time wore on my Deep Cut Studio cloth gaming mat developed some folds.  :(

I think I'll be getting the mousepad versions from now on...either that or pack some painters' tape.
I was talking aloud to myself. A habit of the old: they choose the wisest person present to speak to; the long explanations needed by the young are wearying.
Gandalf

Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face.
Harry Dresden

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2016, 07:58:40 PM »
Very cool! THANKS for the extra pics, Mike!