Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:42:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690988
  • Total Topics: 118362
  • Online Today: 742
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Space Knights - Kickstarter  (Read 5992 times)

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
Re: Space Knights - Kickstarter
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2016, 12:06:03 PM »
That's not to say down the line I won't put together a mould of differing helmet options in 15mm.

Lots of options with these guys, they might make cool robots if you give them spherical heads with a big single eye for instance!
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline wolfgangbrooks

• Mad Scientist
    • http://www.recreationalconflict.com
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2016, 02:11:35 AM »
That's not to say down the line I won't put together a mould of differing helmet options in 15mm.

Sorry for any confusion, had to use my dad's account for the original post. Just to clarify, I meant full sets with all of one type of helmet, not separate helmet sets.

Anyway, interested in seeing how you change it. Maybe single piece bodies with separate heads?
Recreational Conflict: www.recreationalconflict.com

Jibbery style oinkery which don't make no damn sense.

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2016, 02:16:12 AM »
I am going to pass on these - backed the previous one - because I have less interest in Space Knights.  They are nice but not really what I gave on my 2016-2020 buying list.  That said, I am sure they will sell nicely.
Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de España,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!

Offline Muzfish4

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2016, 03:43:31 AM »
Sizewise, how much taller/bulkier are the knights than the global defence dudes*?

* I like 'em as well so no dramas on that count from me.

Offline Bergil

• Mad Scientist
  • Toy maker
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2016, 01:19:02 PM »
Lots of options with these guys, they might make cool robots if you give them spherical heads with a big single eye for instance!

Now that you mention it they just might.

Sorry for any confusion, had to use my dad's account for the original post. Just to clarify, I meant full sets with all of one type of helmet, not separate helmet sets.

Anyway, interested in seeing how you change it. Maybe single piece bodies with separate heads?

Well the initial set shown on the Kickstarter will stay as it is. I won't be changing that (beyond updating the paladin armour)

The single piece space knights will be just that, single piece. But regarding helmets yes I could do say sprues of ten helmets that are all the same but Not right now. I don't know that I could justify the cost. That's all.

I am going to pass on these - backed the previous one - because I have less interest in Space Knights.  They are nice but not really what I gave on my 2016-2020 buying list.  That said, I am sure they will sell nicely.

You'll change your mind!  ;)

Sizewise, how much taller/bulkier are the knights than the global defence dudes*?

* I like 'em as well so no dramas on that count from me.

They're much taller and bulkier than the GDF dudes;

Whilst I haven't taken a photo with him next to GDF dudes they are generally around the 15mm mark. I hope that helps!

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Chicago Skirmish Wargames
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2016, 07:03:50 PM »
What a cool project. There have been alot of "almosts" out there, but it's about time someone did a proper space marine in 15mm, and the price seems to be rather a bargain for multipart minis.

I don't do 15mm minis, but good luck to you and your kickstarter!

I have to admit though that when I saw the title I thought Ral Partha was doing a KS re-release of these old oddities...

http://www.miniatures-workshop.com/lostminiswiki/index.php?title=Space_Knights
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 07:06:17 PM by eilif »

Offline Bergil

• Mad Scientist
  • Toy maker
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2016, 02:52:51 PM »
What a cool project. There have been alot of "almosts" out there, but it's about time someone did a proper space marine in 15mm, and the price seems to be rather a bargain for multipart minis.

I don't do 15mm minis, but good luck to you and your kickstarter!

I have to admit though that when I saw the title I thought Ral Partha was doing a KS re-release of these old oddities...

http://www.miniatures-workshop.com/lostminiswiki/index.php?title=Space_Knights

I found those oddities whilst googling for any other space knights that might exist to see who's toes I could be stepping on... Shame you don't do 15mm though.

Anyway;

Just over half way of the course of the Space Knights Kickstarter and after being successfully funded we’ve added a lot of exciting, new Space Knights as stretch goals to the project. We just need YOU to make it happen!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1835446295/space-knights?ref=user_menu

Offline Commander Roj

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2016, 11:49:37 AM »
I found those oddities whilst googling for any other space knights that might exist to see who's toes I could be stepping on... Shame you don't do 15mm though.

Anyway;

Just over half way of the course of the Space Knights Kickstarter and after being successfully funded we’ve added a lot of exciting, new Space Knights as stretch goals to the project. We just need YOU to make it happen!

Quick question. I am not sure what happens with the stretch goals at various levels of backing?

Offline Bergil

• Mad Scientist
  • Toy maker
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2016, 02:27:28 AM »
Quick question. I am not sure what happens with the stretch goals at various levels of backing?

I've posted updates onto the Kickstarter which explains what you do should you wish to include any of the stretch goals as a reward.

Simply put though when you come to reply to the backer report that is sent out at the end of the Kickstarter you merely answer the questions I pose to you, one of which will be "Did you want any of the stretch goal Space Knights? If so please list them"

You then tell me there which one's you'd be after. It helps if you send me a message when making a pledge listing out what you want. As when looking I'm looking at the backers your message is saved and sitting there waiting for me to read at any time.

Let's say you wanted the multipart Space Knights delivered in October and any stretch goals you wanted delivered in January I'd appreciate an extra £3 for postage.

That's about it! if that isn't clear or you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask.

Offline Commander Roj

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2016, 11:18:18 AM »
I've posted updates onto the Kickstarter which explains what you do should you wish to include any of the stretch goals as a reward.

Simply put though when you come to reply to the backer report that is sent out at the end of the Kickstarter you merely answer the questions I pose to you, one of which will be "Did you want any of the stretch goal Space Knights? If so please list them"

You then tell me there which one's you'd be after. It helps if you send me a message when making a pledge listing out what you want. As when looking I'm looking at the backers your message is saved and sitting there waiting for me to read at any time.

Let's say you wanted the multipart Space Knights delivered in October and any stretch goals you wanted delivered in January I'd appreciate an extra £3 for postage.

That's about it! if that isn't clear or you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks Bergil. Clear as crystal.

Offline Bergil

• Mad Scientist
  • Toy maker
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2016, 03:40:30 PM »
Thanks Bergil. Clear as crystal.

You're welcome :)

Also just to let everyone know the Kickstarter is in its last few hours. Time to pledge if you haven't!