Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 04:47:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1695394
  • Total Topics: 118685
  • Online Today: 555
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Stargate .45 Adventure  (Read 18353 times)

Offline revford

• Mastermind
Re: Stargate .45 Adventure
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2009, 11:38:59 PM »
I know what you mean about trying to find just the right models with the right gear, the TAG range is great, but is missing any men with SA80 with grenade launcher.  It's a tiny thing really as the range is otherwise fairly complete.

The British Army have changed helmet designs since they were sculpted too so it's not just a worry for US Troops.  :)
Gav Ford
revford@gmail.com

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2009, 12:00:58 AM »
Yeah, when I was over in the Iraq it seemd that ever one was wareing are new module helments, didnt see to many brits on my last deplyment, but the Aussie's, polish, and romanian troops we worked with had the new pattern. the Iraqie scerity forces, had a mix of old steel pots and, old fritz style K-pots.
Oh and I think i found some of the old Devildog design us moderns out from http://pacificskygames.com/default.aspx?man=44.

They were some good sculpts at lest kit wise. So when are you going to post an AAR for this mission? :D
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline postal

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2009, 12:18:34 AM »
very I love it am a big sg fan.

Offline revford

• Mastermind
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2009, 12:46:20 AM »
Another of our group, Dave, is going to post up the AAR, in what should be his first post here on the Lead Adventure Forum.  I'll give him a bell about it if he doesn't get it done soon.  :)

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2009, 10:02:33 AM »
I am going to nick you idea dude. I dug out my old devildog design mins and am going to paint them up. I guess I need to order some Jaffa and start watching my SG1 DVDs for ideas.

Offline revford

• Mastermind
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2009, 11:10:35 AM »
I am going to nick you idea dude. I dug out my old devildog design mins and am going to paint them up. I guess I need to order some Jaffa and start watching my SG1 DVDs for ideas.

Fantastic.  :)

When we first started SG gaming, some of our group didn't know much about the background, so a couple of us started lending out DVDs of the movie and SG1 as homework.

Best source for Jaffa I found was Shield Wall Games, the come with spears, shields, swords and staff weapons so you can use them as Fantasy Egypt or Stargate minis:
http://shieldwallgames.co.uk/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=5

The Official minis are from Phoenix Icons, they are smaller, less bulky but better detailed, the proportions look to be a better match for the slim Hasslefree type minis than the chunky TAG style.
http://www.phoenix-icons.com/phoenix-minis-m-91.htm

Offline JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
  • I've only had a few ales...
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2009, 11:40:26 AM »
For those of us in the UK, the Phoenix minis are also available through Cold War (the zombie folks):

http://www.cold-war.co.uk/

They are a bit expensive mind, but I guess they might be worth it for characters and they do have the heavy weapon for the Jaffa. Do you think they'd mix ok with the Sheildwall ones? (I mean as characters.)

Edit: Whoops, forgot to say how good it all looks, sorry Gav!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 11:44:36 AM by JollyBob »

Offline revford

• Mastermind
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2009, 01:57:41 PM »
I think I'll have to pick up a pack of the Phoenix Jaffa eventually as a test, Westfalia Chris painted up a set that looked brilliant and that, combined with seeing the Shield Wall minis at a show inspired me to get started on all this SG Gaming in the first place.

I've got a dozen of the Shield Wall ones, with more on their way in the post at the mo but there is only so many times I can paint the same poses over and over again.  :)

What I need to sort out next are some more props, I need to build a Ring Transporter, a Sarcophagus and a MALP (or as our group keep calling it, the MILF).

Also I need to do a Jaffa armed with a Ham Sandwich.

Offline JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2009, 02:24:43 PM »
I was actually thinking of picking up one of these to use as a MALP type thing for my BPRD project:

Found it while having a look through the Starguard stuff Grubman linked to in his topic. It's here:

http://www.tin-soldier.com/cgi-bin/ustorekeeper.pl

if you're interested. True 25mm, so maybe a bit small, but easier than trying to make one myself, that's for damn sure.  lol  If I stuck the little comcentre thing I got from EM4 on top to give it some height... hmmm...

Offline revford

• Mastermind
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2009, 02:50:41 PM »
I was thinking of using this bomb disposal robot as a base:

http://theassaultgroup.co.uk/store/product.php?productid=626

What's this Comms dodah from EM4?  sounds like it could be just the thing to complete the robot explorer.

Offline JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2009, 03:02:45 PM »
Oh, I hadn't seen that TAG one before, that's nice!

The em4 one is just a little sattelite dish type thing with a keypad attached, I think for use as a field comms device. Its quite small, so should fit on top of a little explorer thing quite easily. Of course, there doesn't seem to be a picture of it on the site  ::) but its available in the "Troopers" section of the Future Skirmish range. Only a quid too, and quite a useful little thing.

Offline revford

• Mastermind
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2009, 04:34:51 PM »
Sounds magic, I'll have to pick one up next time I'm after goodies from EM4 and give it a try.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2009, 01:00:18 AM »
Shild wall Jaffa comeing my way! Just made an order of them  :D
God I am so easly distracted by new and shiny things.
So hey Rev were did you get your stargate from? did you scratch buld?
Also dose any one know if there are any good "cheap" models of the Transport and or fighter bomers that the Goa'uld use?

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2009, 08:25:13 AM »
by: commissarmoody 
So hey Rev were did you get your stargate from? did you scratch buld?
Also dose any one know if there are any good "cheap" models of the Transport and or fighter bomers that the Goa'uld use?
Both questions I was going to ask.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2009, 11:23:58 AM »
Great minds think alike Mr Mac