Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 04:04:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Stargate .45 Adventure  (Read 18364 times)

Offline revford

• Mastermind
Stargate .45 Adventure
« on: January 27, 2009, 04:01:06 PM »
We've been getting quite a bit of Stargate gaming going on here for a while, we had a d20 Modern pencil and paper roleplay going on for a while, based on a deal allowing teams from all NATO countries access to the Stargate.

The RPG was based on a British Unit, Stargate Recce Team 6 exploring alien worlds in a Land Rover.  Our .45 Adventures games are a follow on from there, following an alternative team, Stargate Recce Team 7, SGR7.

For rules we're using .45 Adventure and Amazing War Stories.  The Land Rover is a Truck, SA80 Assault Rifles are SMGs, the DMR is a Rifle, a Jaffa's Staff Weapon is a Rifle and a Club.  Just picking whatever seems closest.

We all like the Rattrap system and I had a load of modern British troops I'd been using as UNIT, some Jaffa and a Stargate scenery piece already, so .45 Adventure Stargate game seemed like a great plan.

I've posted pics of a few of the models for these games in the What I Painted threads.  Here is the current lineup:

Commanding Officer of the Recce Team is Lt Kestrel, he's the brains of the outfit and the man who can speak alien languages, Bull is the experienced NCO, Pop blows things up, TuTu is the marksman and Skirt drives, crashes, then repairs the Land Rover.

All are minis from TAG's modern British range, the Land Rover is from S&S Models.

You can find the stat cards for all these characters here:

http://revford.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/gaming-stargate-sgr.html

As enemies, we've had the Jaffa servants of the Goa'uld Atum.

Stat cards for the Jaffa are here:

http://revford.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/gaming-stargate-jaffa.html

We've got a game tonight, so I'll post up the extra characters and things tomorrow.  If I remember, I'll post up some pics of the game in progress too.  :)
Gav Ford
revford@gmail.com

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
    • Rattrap Productions LLC
Re: Stargate .45 Adventure
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 04:10:05 PM »
Very Cool!

If anyone in your group has Super Science Tales, that would help in coming up with neat alien artifacts for the team to stumble across and have to figure out.

But your mods to the two books you have seem to work great for you, so I'm sure you could come up with plenty of your own artifacts as well.

Richard A. Johnson
On Facebook: Rattrap on Facebook

Offline revford

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 04:37:08 PM »
It's a really nice adaptable system, as long players are happy with simple "counts as closest" substitution you can use it for just about anything.

I've been tempted to pick up Fantastic Worlds recently for additional weirdy strangeness, I'll see who in our group I can talk into picking up Super Science Tales.  :)

Offline twrchtrwyth

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Don't join dangerous cults: practice safe sects.
    • Deeside Defenders
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 06:01:04 PM »
Great idea. Have you thought of the pluses you can add to ordinery weapons, +1 WS is a common one to make the Jaffa 'rifles' more powerful as the seem to have more explosive force than the weapons used by the SG teams?

Nice figures to. 8)
He that trades Liberty for Security will soon find that he has neither.

Benjamin Franklin

Offline revford

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 06:25:13 PM »
Great idea. Have you thought of the pluses you can add to ordinery weapons, +1 WS is a common one to make the Jaffa 'rifles' more powerful as the seem to have more explosive force than the weapons used by the SG teams?

Good idea for Character Jaffa, but it could make things a bit too dangerous for every 1/2 Grade Jaffa to have such a powerful weapon.  Cheers for that one.  :)

I tend to think about weapons as being part of the character, so in the hands of one of the Stars of the story it a Staff could be a powerful weapon, where the same looking thing could be weaker in the hands of an Extra.

Offline twrchtrwyth

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Deeside Defenders
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 06:55:08 PM »
Considering how often 'extra' Jaffa miss you might as well arm them with ham sandwiches. lol

Offline anevilgiraffe

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • http://anevilgiraffe.blogspot.com/
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2009, 07:02:57 PM »
how the hell does a lanny get into the gateroom of SGC?

Offline winterborn

• Bookworm
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2009, 10:31:44 PM »
Nice! Could you do a photo comparing the TAG with the Phoenix Jaffa. Just i heard they were on the smaller side of 28mm. Thanks.
And in the fury of this darkest hour
We will be the light
You've asked me for my sacrifice
And I am Winter born

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2009, 09:57:19 AM »
Very nice, loads of ideas for the future. Thanks for posting. Looking forward to more pics of you game

Offline revford

• Mastermind
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2009, 04:33:33 PM »
Considering how often 'extra' Jaffa miss you might as well arm them with ham sandwiches. lol

They really are useless buggers, so the 1/2 Grade suits them well.  :)

how the hell does a lanny get into the gateroom of SGC?

They keep a motor pool of seven in a room just over the corridor from the Gateroom, four soft top Wolves, two WMIK Raiders and an Casevac Ambulance.  The machines were disassembled, moved down in parts and rebuilt in the motor pool.

It's a room that was formerly to be used store captured Jaffa weapons, before they were moved to Area 51.  After exhaustive testing the SG teams were asked to stop bringing back every bit of alien junk they find, they don't need any more staff weapons, just bring new or strange things back.

Nice! Could you do a photo comparing the TAG with the Phoenix Jaffa. Just i heard they were on the smaller side of 28mm. Thanks.

These Jaffa are Armies of Mythology minis from Shield Wall Games, not the Phoenix ones.  While the detail is far better on the Phoenix models, they are small so I went for the bigger, and cheaper minis.

Very nice, loads of ideas for the future. Thanks for posting. Looking forward to more pics of you game

One of our gaming group was keeping notes during last night's game, so should be posting up some photos and an after action report soon.  :)

Offline twrchtrwyth

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Deeside Defenders
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2009, 05:19:33 PM »
Have you seen the new Ragnarok? There is some Chain Recation 2.0 rules for Stargate. 8)

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
    • Rattrap Productions LLC
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2009, 05:26:07 PM »
One of our gaming group was keeping notes during last night's game, so should be posting up some photos and an after action report soon.  :)
I can't wait to see and read about the game. It sounds like it should be awesome!

Offline revford

• Mastermind
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2009, 08:30:28 PM »
Have you seen the new Ragnarok? There is some Chain Recation 2.0 rules for Stargate. 8)

We've used 5150 for UNIT vs Daleks games in the past and that's a close relative of CR2.  I'll have to see if I can find anyone that gets Ragnarok around here.

Offline revford

• Mastermind
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2009, 08:59:42 PM »
A few shots of the game in progress from this week.

The team set out to find some missing allies and are ambushed by Jaffa:

The Lieutenant discovers a clue:

The LAW turns a Jaffa into a smoking crater:

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2009, 10:09:08 PM »
Looking great! I cant wait to see what else you guys come up with along this lines. I have been wanting to do some thing simmiler, but I honestly haven't found any US figs that are really up to par.
Most are all just MOG rangers or USMC in NBC gear, and they look horrible.
I need Modern US with M-4s, 203s, Saws, a few support wpns,(240s, AT-4s or even a SMAW-D) and in the by now 7 year old Mich style helmets. No one use's K-pots any more you know.

Sorry to hijack the thread with my rant, but this has been an Idea I have been kicking around for awhile and now that I see it in motion I want to get in on it also.
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous