Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 01:36:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690461
  • Total Topics: 118332
  • Online Today: 725
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Looking for WWI gas mask heads, and vehicle/machinery operators (1900-1945)  (Read 2424 times)

Offline Bako

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Loopy as a clock-work orange.
    • Hitting Dirtside
I'm not exactly familiar with the situation as far as heads for WWI ranges go, but I'm looking for heads of the sort. Considering the likeliness of a lack for such things, perhaps I'd be more lucky asking if anyone can point me in the direction of British infantry with gas masks? They'd need some converting though.

As far as the vehicle/machinery operators are concerned, I'm in need of whatever I could come by. VSF to WWII is what I'm looking for. Part of the reason I haven't been building vehicles is due to a lack of drivers and operators for them. I've an expeditionary force planned, but not a vehicle will be made till I've drivers to put in. Nationality isn't too important as I'm after German, British, Russian, and any suitably generic crews.

Best regards.
Everything is better with lizardmen.

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
Great War Miniatures make Tommies in gas masks.

Germans too, but I don't have a pic of them. Might want to check out Renegade too, I seem to remember them doing some. Don't know of any separate heads, but Woodbine have started doing separate WWI heads and who knows, they may do some gas mask ones at some point.

For the second part of the question you may want to get some of the HLBSC British artillerymen before they stop selling them (end of March, I think). Not useful as drivers, but they fit the machine operators remit.

I've just bought a load of these (four packs I think) to use as artillerists, but also armoured car and tank crews in case they have to bail out during a game. Most of them can be used simply as "troops doing nothing" which are always useful. I plan to headswap a few of them for various other jobs. Third from the right can also be used for a 28mm version of Edvard Munch's The Scream.

But as I said, be quick. They are stopping casting them soon.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 07:36:54 PM by Plynkes »
With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
Have a look at the Westwind SOTR head packs - they do a WW2 tommy in gasmask that might be suitable for what you need.  If not...blob of the green stuff over a minis face, and make your own - it is actually quite easy to do.

Offline Bako

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Loopy as a clock-work orange.
    • Hitting Dirtside
Thanks for the quick response, guys. I'll have a look into those :).