Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:48:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691076
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 843
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 797
Total: 802

Recent

Author Topic: Ground Zero Games: SELWG Releases [Commercial] with MoonGrunt Vehicles  (Read 3362 times)

Offline Mad Mecha Guy

• Librarian
    • Mad Mecha Guy
Some new figures & vehicles for SELWG.

NEW RELEASES FOR SELWG!

I will have stock of all the following NEW packs available on Sunday (and of course they will be up on store for mail-order shortly after the show).
Please note that the limited-time special intro offer of the two free SAW gunners with most of the new rifles packs launched at COLOURS last month will END this coming Saturday night (8th Oct) at midnight as far as mailorders are concerned. All orders for those packs received up to that time will get the special 10-figure packs, any received after the midnight cutoff will get the regular 8-figure packs. At SELWG on Sunday, I will have VERY LIMITED NUMBERS of the 10-figure offer packs of some codes, when those are sold out we will revert to selling the regular 8-packs.

All prices shown are INCLUDING VAT.

THREE more packs for the resculpted ESU Naval Infantry:

SG15-E12    ESU Naval Infantry (new sculpt) Rifle Pack A IN CAMO CAPES – 8 figures (4 different poses)        £3.00GBP per pack.  

SG15-E13    ESU Naval Infantry (new sculpt) Rifle Pack B IN CAMO CAPES – 8 figures (4 different poses)        £3.00GBP per pack.  

SG15-E14    ESU Naval Infantry (new sculpt) SAW Gunners – 8 figures (4 different poses)        £3.00GBP per pack.

Two more packs of ground troops for the OutRim Coalition (ORC) forces:

SG15-RC02    ORC (OutRim Coalition) Marine Assault Troops in Combat Hardsuits, Rifle Pack B – 8 figures (4 different poses)        £3.00GBP per pack.  

SG15-RC03    ORC (OutRim Coalition) Marine Assault Troops in Combat Hardsuits, SAW gunners – 8 figures (4 different poses)        £3.00GBP per pack.  

Two more packs of re-sculpted figures for the Islamic Federation forces, including the first pack in traditional Keffiyeh arab headgear:

SG15-IF11    Islamic Federation Infantry in Keffiyeh (new sculpt) Rifle Pack A – 8 figures (4 different poses)    £3.00GBP per pack.    

SG15-IF12    Islamic Federation Infantry in Combat Helmets (new sculpt) Rifle Pack B – 8 figures (4 different poses)    £3.00GBP per pack.    

One new pack for the NSL Colonial Jaeger Light Infantry:

SG15-N43    NSL Jaeger Light Infantry (new sculpt) SAW gunners – 8 figures (4 different poses)    £3.00GBP per pack.      

The start of yet ANOTHER all-new range: The Armoured Police SWAT troopers: some very well-protected Cops or Security Forces in body armour and full-mask helmets with respirator gear! This range will be expanded to include sniper and special-weapons teams, "entry teams" with door rams, command figures and riot teams with shields and batons.

SG15-SW01    Armoured Police SWAT troopers with assault rifles – 8 figures (4 different poses)        £3.00GBP per pack.

SG15-SW02    Armoured Police SWAT troopers with shotguns (2 poses) and grenade launchers (2 poses) – 8 figures (2 of each pose)        £3.00GBP per pack.    

Plus… the first of the long-awaited MOONGRUNT VEHICLES! Note that the ROVER models for each force are multi-media kits with RESIN CAST main body parts plus metal components, the other vehicles are multi-part all-metal kits; some modelling skills and experience are recommended for assembly of all the kits in this range!

US Marines Lunar Expeditionary Force vehicles:

MG15-USV01A    US Lunar Force ROVER – six-wheeled pressurised transport, RESIN AND METAL KIT – standard utility version with choice of missile pod or laser cannon (both weapon options supplied, plus sensor pod if you prefer an unarmed civilian version!).      £10.80GBP each.

MG15-USV01B    US Lunar Force ROVER – six-wheeled pressurised transport, RESIN AND METAL KIT – fire support version with choice of retractable multiple missile pod or triple heavy laser cannon (both weapon options supplied, plus variant main deck and rear panel specific to this model).      £10.80GBP each.

MG15-USV02A    US Lunar Force BUGGY – four-wheeled open transport, all-metal kit – includes two seated USLF crew in vacuum suits with backpacks.        £6.00GBP each.

Chinese Peoples' Space Force vehicles:

MG15-PV01A    Chinese PSF ROVER – six-wheeled pressurised transport, RESIN AND METAL KIT – standard utility version with choice of THREE different small weapon/sensor turrets OR large twin-laser turret (all four weapon options supplied).      £10.80GBP each.

MG15-PV01B    Chinese PSF ROVER – six-wheeled pressurised transport, RESIN AND METAL KIT – fire support version with twin multiple rocket pods on roof turret.       £10.80GBP each.

MG15-PV02A    Chinese PSF BUGGY – four-wheeled open light transport, all-metal kit – includes two seated PSF crew in vacuum suits with backpacks.        £6.00GBP each.

MG15-PV03A    Chinese PSF ROCKET SLED – open flying transport, all-metal kit – includes two seated PSF crew in vacuum suits with backpacks, rear can be open cargo area or six-seater troop transport.        £7.50GBP each.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 05:06:38 PM by Mad Mecha Guy »
"It's the Fumes I say, the Fumes, those lovely Laser Cut MDF fumes"

Offline Steve F

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Pedantic bugger, apparently.
Re: Ground Zero Games: SELWG Releases [Commercial]
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 05:21:30 PM »
Very Moon Zero Two!
Back from the dead, almost.

Offline Jagannath

• Mastermind
    • Blades and Blasters
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 06:00:59 PM »
Very exciting all round - this latest wave of Infantry has some of my favourites ever and those buggies look ace, I particularly like the rounded one. Such good stuff coming out of GZG.

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 11:53:27 PM »
Awesome.  Those vehicles look terrific, and it's really nice to see the ESU updates with their signature camo cloaks.

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2016, 03:54:30 AM »
I tried not to fall in love. The moon stuff is just silly retro, and it's getting made while new starships aren't. I'm a vacchead, damb it!

Doesn't seem to be working well...  :-*

Doug

Offline MrHarold

• Mad Scientist
  • Leading the way to where ever it is we're going...
    • ClearHorizon Miniatures
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2016, 04:33:22 AM »
Really awesome stuff!
ClearHorizon Miniatures - 15mm Sci-Fi Miniatures
http://www.clearhorizonminiatures.com

ClearHorizon Salavge - 15mm Miniatures Blog
http://clearhorizonsalvage.blogspot.com

Offline Dezmond

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2016, 08:23:22 AM »
I tried not to fall in love. The moon stuff is just silly retro, and it's getting made while new starships aren't. I'm a vacchead, damb it!

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2016, 01:14:37 AM »

Doug

I have some of the same feeling.  Thankfully Brigade has been picking up some of the Full Thrust slack, but I still wish Jon would do some more ships.

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2016, 02:19:41 PM »
I have some of the same feeling.  Thankfully Brigade has been picking up some of the Full Thrust slack, but I still wish Jon would do some more ships.

While I have to admit there have been long periods when groppos whinged, with justice, in the opposite direction.

Now, about creating a proper moon surface...

Doug

Edit: Not that I won't quote you next time *I* whinge.  lol

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2016, 03:29:22 PM »
While I have to admit there have been long periods when groppos whinged, with justice, in the opposite direction.

Now, about creating a proper moon surface...

Doug

Edit: Not that I won't quote you next time *I* whinge.  lol

It could be worse, imagine being a strictly 6mm or 25mm GZG fan.  They're really shafted on new releases.

As for moonscaping, the very first "big project" I ever did was a Space 1999-inspired moonbase kitbashed out of sprues and junk drawer stuff and mounted on a spare door from my parents' first house.  Think I was all of ten years old at that point, so somewhere around 1976.  If I could manage acceptable craters made of sand and kitty litter way back then, you can surely manage them yourself now.  :)

Offline Dezmond

• Scientist
Re: Ground Zero Games: SELWG Releases [Commercial] with MoonGrunt Vehicles
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2016, 04:17:15 PM »
There is, I think, a gap in the market for 'near future' spaceship miniatures, so maybe if the Moongrunt stuff sells well they will do some minis of the craft the USSF and PLASF are shooting at each other with in open space while the Marines are down in the lunar dust

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2016, 04:38:38 PM »
To be fair, many of the GZG civilian models (especially that modular space station/workshack piece) can fit into the plausible near-future spaceship niche, so there's some support in place already.  Take some of those parts and kitbash them with a bit of Plastruct/model railroad girders and you could make something very close to those images.

But yeah, I'd love to see more along those lines.

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2016, 01:34:31 PM »
I'd add some of the Rafm-for-Traveller ships; the modular cutter would fit well in the images above, and a few others, such the SDB and the Far Trader, give me a '2001, Space Odyssey' vibe.

One could do well to peruse the Silent Death list, though, alas, the above weren't among the designs borrowed from SD for Traveller, as some (all?) of those borrowed are available again on Metal Express.

Leland told me, but I forget.

Doug

Offline Dezmond

• Scientist
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2016, 07:57:57 PM »
Take some of those parts and kitbash them with a bit of Plastruct/model railroad girders and you could make something very close to those images.

True enough. Something like:-

With a big laser turret at the front:-

is something I can make myself

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2016, 08:15:29 PM »
Worth pointing out that GZG sells many of the tank and cargo module bits individually, making kitbashing even easier.

https://shop.groundzerogames.co.uk/full-thrust-starships/merchant-civilian-and-support-ships.html