Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:14:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690584
  • Total Topics: 118338
  • Online Today: 822
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: New stuff for Weird Wars - (15/07/2019) Heer 46 E-100 Kickstarter live  (Read 56477 times)

Offline Ballardian

• Mastermind
  • Too old to stop now
Re: New stuff for Weird Wars - now with added PTO ( more added 24/12/16)
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2016, 05:15:52 PM »
 Couple more mechs, one a WestWind design (for, I assume a US mech, though I would have thought it should be 'Tecumseh' rather than 'Tecumesh') & the second a Dust model (I like this one & should look good once the oversized pilot model is exchanged for something a little more 28mm, plus the quad flak & flamethrower combo on a jump capable mech would just be rude in SotTR).

Offline Ballardian

• Mastermind
  • Too old to stop now
Re: New stuff for Weird Wars - now with added PTO ( more added 07/01/17)
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2017, 03:57:03 PM »
Some small (but useful) stuff today, a bunch of helmeted/masked heads from the K'47 range - useful for all weird war fans (or if you're just trying to avoid painting faces).

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2017, 10:54:42 PM »
£6 for 5 seems a bit excessive. Regardless I'll pickup a sprue, but I'd have expected twice as many heads for that price (I assume its down to Clockwork Goblin being a third party).

Offline Ballardian

• Mastermind
  • Too old to stop now
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2017, 11:15:22 PM »
Yes, it is a little beyond cheeky seeing as you'd get thirty for that price from WestWind - however they are quite nice so I suppose I'll also be picking some up.

Offline Ballardian

• Mastermind
  • Too old to stop now
Looks like CG/WG have got their Russian were-bears, FJ jumptroops & hmg toting British robots out finally. The FJ's are rather gorgeous & the were-bears happily look even better than the earlier renders.
 There's also a pic that captures WW's new German Mech from the front plus a bunch of Bowler - hatted special troops (perhaps they're Decima like Mr Smyth).

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Sci-Fi blog - Task Force Thor
Love the SOTR mech, way better than the K47 offerings, lol.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Now let's see how difficult those jetpacks are to remove. Hopefully they're separate :` like the Heavy Infantry.

I'll wait till Warlord's Maus is out until dropping the cash though (which I'd imagine will be out this month). £25 is a tad steep, but is par the course now for Clockwork Goblin's stuff (conversely 8 Soviet veterans are £15, though with an entirely different sculpting style. ...I'm kind of considering picking those up for some Weird Soviets).

Offline wolivant

• Librarian
Ive been waiting for ages for the SOTR II figures to come out, including the new mech. Then a pic pops up on this thread of one 'in action'.

Does anyone know if they are available somewhere to buy?

Regards

Wolt

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
Have to admit, those Soviet bear troopers from K47 do appeal to me.  Like them much better than the SotR sculpt and there's more variety to boot.  Be good for superhero gaming too, which is nice.

Offline supervike

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
Oh those bears! 

Were Bear?  There bear!

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
Re: New stuff for Weird Wars - now with added PTO ( more added 22/12/16)
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2017, 08:51:55 AM »
WG/CG have released another render of a unit for K47, a robotic support unit for the Brits - I have to admit that this is one of their sculpts I'm not really convinced by (I prefer the numerous conversions based on universal carriers) - but it's mini I'm not fond of rather than the concept of more automated units - any thoughts?

I have to agree that this is not a good look.

I would have preferred something like the Preying Mantis:

More photographs here http://ultravanillasmurf.blogspot.co.uk/2016/12/praying-mantis-real-weird-war-two.html
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 08:54:16 AM by Ultravanillasmurf »

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
Have to admit, those Soviet bear troopers from K47 do appeal to me.
Yes, they do hit a spot just right don't they? One screams to have a mini gun added like in that new Russian superhero movie.
I also like the K47 Lycan wolves as well.

Grimm

Offline Ballardian

• Mastermind
  • Too old to stop now
Wolivant - those new SoTR minis aren't yet available, it seems they're still tidying up after their various EotD & 6mm ancients KS's - but they're supposedly next in line for some love.
 UVS -  lol, the Mantis is one of those hilarious 'what were they thinking' moments (I think it would be fair to say it's usefulness would be limited), but yes, it still looks better than the proposed mini. (Quite a few people have in fact used Uni carriers as the basis of Automated units.)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 05:10:07 PM by Ballardian »

Offline Rich H

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: New stuff for Weird Wars - now with added PTO ( more added 22/12/16)
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2017, 06:09:46 PM »
I have to agree that this is not a good look.

I would have preferred something like the Preying Mantis:

More photographs here http://ultravanillasmurf.blogspot.co.uk/2016/12/praying-mantis-real-weird-war-two.html

Got a half built one I need to finish...

Offline Ballardian

• Mastermind
  • Too old to stop now
I'd love to see it, when your packed scedule allows - incidentally, hows the Centurion coming along (in the last pic I saw the hull & running gear looked complete - & excellent by the way)?