Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:41:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690923
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 657
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: New stuff for Weird Wars - (15/07/2019) Heer 46 E-100 Kickstarter live  (Read 56588 times)

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
I have a WIP 253 and the Spinne, once I get home I will photograph them and the 37mm off the command/support 251.

I agree the Spinne turret is bigger.

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
I have a WIP 253 and the Spinne, once I get home I will photograph them and the 37mm off the command/support 251.

I agree the Spinne turret is bigger.
No sooner the word... then the procrastination....

253 vs Spinne (all WIP).

Spinne turret on 253

Not convinced it is actually bigger.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 06:03:47 PM by Ultravanillasmurf »

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
Another comparison shot.

It probably needs a recuperator (I think it is called) under the barrel and then recoil path protection for the crew.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Hmn, is the main gun's breach supposed to be that piddly? It looks even worse seeing it without the crewman.

The closeups make the thing look a bit basic. Aye, a 222's turret may be too small, though maybe that's a good thing...

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
Yup, the breech is that small. The 20mm auto cannon breech is unmodified as well.

Strictly speaking, compared with the 37mm and the PSC guns, it is not too small, it just needs the guard.

Offline Ballardian

• Mastermind
  • Too old to stop now
Not convinced it is actually bigger.
You could be right, but I think your idea for a remote mg might well suit the 253 better.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
I'm playing about with the Spinne right now. Of the turrets I've tried a Luchs one seems the most appropriate (though you'd need to cut down the back slightly for 270 degrees movement. Pity I used my Luchs turret on that Mammoth APC... Bah!

Offline Ballardian

• Mastermind
  • Too old to stop now
WG have put some pictures of painted Daughters Of The Motherland - like most of the range, they're pretty nice, their rather chunky muscularity explained by their being Soviet super soldiers.
 There's also a variant on the Spinne, armed with a flamethrower, the model's a matter of taste, but I personally rather like it & the new closed turret looks like it could fuel the conversion itch nicely.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Did they remove the folding stocks from the Daughters of the Motherland? Loads of people mentioned how dumb they looked stockless, so they added ones to the 3D file, but I can't see them in the production models.

The placement of the flame tanks on that Spinne look a bit ...bolted on. Maybe having at the back on that big plate over the engine would be more practical. The sculptor oddly slapped the tank on the side, but didn't do anything about the access hatch its half sitting on top of. ...It just looks weird.

Those rules don't include the higher chance to be damaged due to having a flame thrower? Hmn.

Offline Ballardian

• Mastermind
  • Too old to stop now
Wymalla - the AKs' folding stocks are (just about) visible on some of the models (the one raising her AK above her head & the one below on the models left/our right in particular) - but the pic doesn't make it easy to see them. So I assume that they're present on the other models, just not visible in the pic (personally I'd've prefered wooden furniture on the guns).
 As to the Flammespinne - I largely agree with you, I'd probably place the tanks horizontally & singly on the back of the turret (I've got a lot of left over GW IG flamer tanks that'd probably look the part a little better, just split the paired tanks & place one on each of the two rear turret panels).
 I couldn't comment on the BA/K47 flamer rules - they're brutal in Secrets...

Offline Arcturus

• Scientist
In BA/K47 the increased possibility of damage because of a flamethrower is a special rule of the weapon itself. So of course the Flammspinne will be subject to this rule.

I think the fueltanks are lose and can easily be placed anywhere you want.

I agree with the "tacked on" look of the flamethrower.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Aye, wood stocks would be preferred, but that'd be difficult giving the poses without re-doing them. The AK's folding stock came from the MP-40 IIRC though.

The Flammespinne's rules lack that rule actually. :)

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
I have to admit to being less than impressed with the daughters of the revolution. I know they are super soldiers but the proportions look odd (I was hoping more along the lines of Bridget Regan).

The tanks on the flamer Spinne look like they have been added as an after thought. This is especially silly as there is space on the back of the engine bulge below the fans.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 08:19:07 PM by Ultravanillasmurf »

Offline Ballardian

• Mastermind
  • Too old to stop now
Re: New stuff for Weird Wars - more K47 Mechs (more added 7/3/17))
« Reply #88 on: March 07, 2017, 04:47:50 PM »
Looks like WG/CG have got around to releasing their heavier mech designs for the Soviets & Germans. The Soviet Mammoth is obviously channeling the spirit of the multi turreted tanks of the late thirties (T28 & T35) & while a good treatment of said approach it's not my samovar of tea. (For Soviets, I dont think the WestWind Secrets mechs are currently beatable, they're gorgeous models that 'feel' right - despite, as Wymalla has said, that the mech concept is inherently dubious - making some 'sense' for smaller examples capable of exploiting their greater manouverablity in confined urban enviroments - while less so for open country vehicles). The German Thor/Zeus mechs are larger versions of their 15mm counterparts & sadly, again don't tickle me the right way (but of course that's only my opinion). I don't mind the multi-legged approach, but feel that they should be squatter - with the legs more side than bottom mounted (& the dozer blade/extra armour is just bit too 40K for me).

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: New stuff for Weird Wars - more K47 Mechs (more added 7/3/17)
« Reply #89 on: March 07, 2017, 05:45:47 PM »
The lack of detail with their vehicle kits, and general chunkiness rubs me in the wrong way. Those German ones are straight out of 40K (the shorter barrelled Panzer IV turret looks rather Leman Russ like). Dust's stuff, while itself not being amazing across the board, is more what I'd be looking for, but I suppose this may not be the place for comparison.

Again, its personal taste I suppose, and stuff like this would fit in easily with plenty of manufacturer's stuff.