Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:56:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686610
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: What version of the E-50 do we want?  (Read 7741 times)

Offline rabenga

• Librarian
  • I will paint that eventually...
Re: What version of the E-50 do we want?
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2016, 05:39:07 AM »
I will take 2.  How much money?..   Your in Seattle right?  I will sweep your floors and bring you coffee too!
Remember the patina!

Offline Ballardian

• Mastermind
  • Too old to stop now
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2016, 02:32:41 PM »
If you guys are serious about wanting this tank...
Oh my... now you've done it! Ok, of course I'll take one, but what version would it be?
 As I see it, offering a choice of turrets wouldn't be too hard - same gun with the same elongated mantlet & the 'M' turret is broadly the Panther F turret with a bustle & loaders hatch. However the front/rear drive issue seems to be a little more difficult to resolve, with fans of each, ('M'turret & rear drive please  ;)) so which way would you go with it?

Offline CompanyB

• Mastermind
    • http://www.companyb.biz
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2016, 04:42:36 PM »
It can be anything, any number of turrets, and number of options.  Bear in mind that the printed masters just cost me more money ;-)

Production molds are cheap.  A master can cost me around $400 or so to print all the bits...but at High Res, and ready to make infinite copies from molds.

If you followed some other threads, we just completed a modular CAD master of our Panzer III, which can be swapped out into a SU76i or Stug IIIG, or a SIG133.

I'd just need to know exactly what people are wanting.  This could even go to JTFM is he wants to production cast it.  But I have a few other ways to get small runs for resin and metal kits.

FYI, We also already have the Panther F turret..that's going into production this month.  I can easily to the larger gun for that. We also did JTFM's Lowe...well most of it.  Already have some components.

-Brent

Offline Ballardian

• Mastermind
  • Too old to stop now
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2016, 06:39:52 PM »
You heard the man - can those interested please post an aye or nay?

My proposal would be to:
1/ create both turrets - the vanilla schmalturm with a large frontal bulge/blister to accomodate the 8.8 cm KwK 43 L/71 & the 'M' turret (also with the bulge). Both would have the aforementioned gun but have a much larger mantlet than featured on the Tiger II, neccesary to contain some of the guns considerable length & its recoil buffers (a supposed new concentric system).
2/ The hull - this remains a question - would it be practical (i.e. not create stupid expense & not compromise the result) to produce a hull (with the standard T cross section common to resin kits) where the running gear/tracks come in two flavours - front or rear drive (by having two different 'fillets' for each side , one set for front drive & one for rear, which you'd attach to the hull sides - if thats feasible. I know this would also entail two different track sets) so that you could offer a choice there (that makes sense to you as a producer/seller - I mean we'd all like all possible options, but it clearly needs to make commercial sense to the person making it).
That way, (given a choice of turrets) you'd have a choice between a vanilla E-50 & the 'M'.

How many people would you need to buy one for it to be a possibility?

« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 06:24:38 PM by Ballardian »

Offline CompanyB

• Mastermind
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2016, 12:48:51 AM »
I'm going to assume the E-50M.  My artists have some time right now..so I will go ahead with that assignment, as well as the needed parts of the alternate turret as well.

-Brent

Offline CompanyB

• Mastermind
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2016, 02:59:23 AM »
Price... Most tanks come in around $36 to $40.  I imagine this is resin hull, resin tracks, resin turret, and metal everything else.

So at $40...of we can get folks to want 10 to start...I can get this done and in production before the end of the year.  More than 10...maybe we can also add another tank.

CAD is already underway.

Offline rabenga

• Librarian
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2016, 03:36:57 AM »
Mark me down for at least one...

Offline Ballardian

• Mastermind
  • Too old to stop now
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2016, 11:07:41 AM »
Excellent news, I'll certainly take one.

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Sci-Fi blog - Task Force Thor
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2016, 02:39:24 PM »
Another one for me.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2016, 12:02:53 AM »
So what, $40 + how much for shipping to the UK? I'd be down if the total wasn't erring towards $55, though you say there's plans for other Weird War stuff?

Offline CompanyB

• Mastermind
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2016, 06:58:07 PM »
$40 is an estimate.  Ideally, for folks overseas I would combine your order with bits and bobs from the Company B store to ease shipping.  or perhaps folks can pool resources some of you are for the same city.

Overseas shipping is a pain.  If I put decals..which are $.70 to ship overseas into a padded envelope..it goes up to $6.95.  Juts for the envelope weight and size.

My suggestions would be so see if there is anything else you want from the shop, then I send a combined order to reduce the shipping expenses since they would be spread over multiple items.

I am going to try and make the model hollow where it can be to reduce the production issues, and weight.

-Brent

Offline Ballardian

• Mastermind
  • Too old to stop now
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2016, 01:19:06 AM »
While postage costs may be an issue, let's see what's possible, (like Wymalla I'm in the UK, but unfortunately at the opposite end so pooling purchases would be a little tricky) & I assume that it'll all be a bit academic if Brent doesn't get the ten required to get this done before the new year. Normally I'd have put this on the West Wind forum as Secrets Of The Third Reich players would be interested (& there are E series entries in the game's vehicle list). However currently their forum is not operating (I've no clue as to what's going on with it). That leaves their Facebook page which is still very much active - I'm not on FB so perhaps someone who is could spread the gospel there?

Offline CompanyB

• Mastermind
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2016, 04:06:58 AM »
This is going pretty quick.  My artists we're obviously excited, so the CAD is pretty far along.  I'll have some tweaks to add...but it's getting close.

Most likely, two sets of tracks will be made for front and rear drive.

Brent
Company B

Offline rabenga

• Librarian
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2016, 05:20:35 AM »
Freaking awesome!

Offline CompanyB

• Mastermind
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2016, 05:51:23 AM »
though you say there's plans for other Weird War stuff?

I am interested in doing tanks from the 38D series.  But this one is a good start to see if demand is there.  I think there are also a few interesting turret options for the E-50M