Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:15:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Pulp Alley starting with Tomb of the Serpent  (Read 2050 times)

Offline graydebowen

• Assistant
Pulp Alley starting with Tomb of the Serpent
« on: December 01, 2016, 09:40:19 PM »
After a couple of trial games I have made a start on Tomb of the Serpent using Darkest Africa figures.  Here are my thoughts on the system and the beginnings of my campaign: https://blackshawgaming.wordpress.com/2016/12/01/pulp-alley-where-to-start/

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
    • Vagabond's Wargaming Blog
Re: Pulp Alley starting with Tomb of the Serpent
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 12:38:58 AM »
Hi there, thanks for your review of the rules and additional booklets, I have used the free rules for a couple of games but baulked at the cost of the additional rules and cards to get to solo horror games but if as you indicated they are all in one set I think I will invest the money
Cheers

Offline gary42

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 01:09:08 AM »
I love the Horror cards!  They could be used with any rulset as well.  PA leagues is indeed awesome especially when paired with original rules. 
"They seek him here, they seek him... There he is!"

Offline Wolf Girl

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2016, 07:15:35 AM »
Thanks so much for giving Pulp Alley a try. I really enjoyed reading your review.

Just a little clarification regarding this comment -
"The game does not differentiate between a throwing knife and a SMG... "

When you select your abilities and skills, you are building the full character - including the weapons and equipment they normally carry. If you want a character to have a smg, then you might choose to put more points into Shooting, or pick and ability like Burst Fire or Blast. So if you want something special then it is going to cost a slot.  ;)

In your example, you compare Indians armed with bows to ones armed with muskets. Again, this can simply be represented by giving the bow armed Indians 1 or 2 Shoot dice and giving the musket armed Indians 3 Shoot dice. Remember, in Pulp Alley your skill represents your overall combat effectiveness and this is intended to take into account the various advantages/disadvantages of different weapons. By giving the Indians with superior weapons a higher Shoot value you are increasing their likelihood of winning a fight and increasing the amount of damage they can inflict.

We hope players appreciate the freedom to be a little more creative. For example, if you decide a character's thrown bowler hat has noteworthy stopping power then that's your decision - not a chart.  lol  lol

If you do not know about our Phantom Agent promo cards please check it out, we also count reviews! - http://store.pulpalley.com/product-p/2016.htm

I am glad you had fun playing Pulp Alley and I hope we get to see more of your games! :D

Mila Phipps, Pulp Girl
mila@pulpalley.com

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 04:54:36 PM »
Thanks for taking the time to post your Pulp Alley review and your battle report, Grayde!

Please let us know if you have any suggestions or questions.

HAVE FUN

Offline graydebowen

• Assistant
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2017, 12:36:50 PM »
Its been a bit of a gap, games to play, figures to paint but our heroes were back in action searching a dark warehouse for the location of an artefact that will help them in their quest.  The evil cultists have other ideas ...  https://blackshawgaming.wordpress.com/2017/02/27/pulp-alley-dark-truths/
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 06:05:59 PM by graydebowen »

Offline Wolf Girl

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2017, 05:08:55 PM »
Very cool! Thanks for posting.  :D