Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:02:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690934
  • Total Topics: 118359
  • Online Today: 704
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Wild West Exodus  (Read 4457 times)

Offline Inkpaduta

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
Wild West Exodus
« on: December 02, 2016, 06:30:21 PM »
I had early wrote a topic about my interest in doing WWE but that I had reservations.
Well, I jump in. I bought the buildings and a bunch of figures and the rules and I am ready
to go. Anyone else still playing still? What do you think of the game?

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
Re: Wild West Exodus
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 09:50:56 PM »
Let us know how it goes, I don't believe anyone here is playing it (at least I've never seen anyone post up on this particular forum). Seen some odd bits here and there over on TMP.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Everything is Better with Vampire Supermodels
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 01:34:34 AM »
WWE looks like a Deadlands rip-off to me, with some touches of Mad Max.

Resuming: it sounds FUN!  ;)  

But the NERF guns are really, really LAME!  :o
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 01:41:13 AM by dinohunterpoa »
"Because life is made of inspiration, dreaming and insanity in about equal measure."
- Erzsébet Báthory - 1560-1614 (?)

Offline palaeomerus

• Scientist
  • " We've Got Movement!"
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 07:31:26 AM »
I uh...I just ordered the two player starter box from Wayland games for $53 shipped to the US. I figured at less than half priced shipped, why not try it out? It's 13 law guys and a bike and 13 bad guys and a different bike and a rules and dice and stuff in a box.

Are Wayland dumping it or is the GBP to USD exchange rate near parity now? Or both maybe? If the pound is at parity with the dollar then Mantic's prices don't show it.

Amazon had the same thing listed for $109 w/ free slowboat shipping for being over $50 of product..

I'm not sure if I got a great deal or it's some kind of a pricing error and I'll get an apologetic "NO WAY BRO! TNSTAAFL" note in the morning.

But if it works out I'll get to try the game and to tell the truth I kind of want to get a box of those deputies to make them space cowboy cops for the Rogue Stars game.

So I got a starter for Malifaux for $45 from which I'm putting together two figures each night or so, a flushed/dumped starter for Terminator Genisys on the way from Warlord w/ free shipping for $32, two cheap $60ea  Two player starter boxes for Hordes and Warmachine MK III on the way, and now this.

It is truly the bargain season.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 04:58:37 AM by palaeomerus »

Offline mweaver

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 12:57:21 PM »
I am interested to hear what you think after you have played it.

-Michael

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 12:57:33 PM »
Sounds like a hell of a deal, well done!  I'll be honest, I just don't ever see anyone talk about the game.  I'd imagine they're simply trying to move product that's taking up space.  I like the idea of your space cowboy gang!

Offline palaeomerus

• Scientist
  • " We've Got Movement!"
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2017, 02:45:25 AM »
Being an impatient sort I ordered Vlad Irsul, a box of Holy Order Spica Hired Hands and some confederate Scouts before my two player starter box arrived.

I kind of like the Golden army too, what with sombrero wearing guys and some conquistador guys. But I'm not THAT impatient.

Yet.

Offline Inkpaduta

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2017, 06:34:55 PM »
I know what you mean. The figures are so well done that you keep finding a few
more that you need to get.

Offline Belgian

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Wargame News and Terrain
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2017, 06:54:07 PM »
Not sure if this has been mentionned here but Wild West Exodus was recently sold by Outlaw Miniatures to Wayland Games' own new creative company named Warcradle. Think they are selling 'old' stock to replace it with Warcradle branded packaging. Would explain the low price.
Wargame News and Terrain Blog, daily updated with the latest wargame news

Interested click https://wargameterrain.blogspot.com/

Offline palaeomerus

• Scientist
  • " We've Got Movement!"
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2017, 11:49:01 PM »
I got my box of Spica Hired Hands for the Holy Order and these are big, beefy multi-part plastic figures.They come with a visual asembly guide, and two cards, each of which is for a five man squad I guess.  Oddly the sprue did not fit in the retail box, so they clipped the end of the sprue off and put it into the box with the main piece. I'd love to hear the manufacturing story behind this. :)

Still haven't got my main box set or my confederate scouts box from Wyland but I'm sure it;s on the way.

My Terminator starter box from Warlord just got here and I think I ordered that in late December.

Oceans, amirite?

------------------

Okay I got my confederate scouts from Exodus/Wayland but not the starter set yet.

The Spica and Scouts don't look very western, but more retro sci-fi. The Scouts did not come with assembly instructions or cards and mentioned that Exodus now has a digital card system.

I hope I get my two player starter but I am slightly concerned because I ordered that first and the scouts three days later.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 10:51:11 PM by palaeomerus »

Offline palaeomerus

• Scientist
  • " We've Got Movement!"
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2017, 07:10:18 PM »
Two player starter set still hasn't come. I guess I'll give it three weeks before contacting Wayland? I already got my confed scouts from Wayland though so I am a bit nervous something has happened.

Offline Inkpaduta

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2017, 11:33:47 PM »
I just ordered from Wayland a week ago. Today I got a message that they were having problems with their supplier.
They apologized for not being able to the figures out in a reasonable time. Perhaps this is what has happened to your
order as well?

Offline palaeomerus

• Scientist
  • " We've Got Movement!"
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2017, 09:55:31 PM »
I doubt it. They show my order shipped on their site. I'm afraid the mail ate it. And Iw as looking forward to those deputies too.

Offline Inkpaduta

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2017, 11:48:41 PM »
Crap, I hate when that happens. You wait and wait and it doesn't arrive.
Hopefully it will still get to you.

Offline palaeomerus

• Scientist
  • " We've Got Movement!"
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2017, 12:10:53 AM »
My starter set arrived yesterday. (Finally).

Comes with 26 multipart foot-men including bosses, underbosses, heavy weapon 13 per each side, and two gunned up motorcycle things all in plastic and still on the sprue.

Also comes with some D10s, a big transparent plastic template, some yellow plastic oval order counters, a B&W starter rule book(perfect bound and very fragile, you'll want to chop and ring bind this)

Pretty good deal for $55 shipped.

The game itself is focused on the werid RJ-1027 tehcnology/mineral and on history being twisted towards a big vehicle diesel punk mixed with some deadlands.

Figures look very nice but are dressed in riveted "opera" armor and carrying big dopey nerf guns. Some of them have what appear to be armored cowboy hats.

So I'm going to vote that most of these will NOT be of much use in the old west but are their own wild west flavored thing. Most of them would look at home in Warmachine or Malifaux to some degree.

Game is a fairly typical "I move 1-3 and you move 1-3" skirmish game with lots of cover and and influence pool you use to reroll bad die rolls. The game uses 10 siders. Hit points are called "lifeblood" and generally you have five members to a squad with all of their lifeblood on a single card.

it's kind of cool, and I'm glad a bought it along with my extra SPICA troops and Confederate Scouts boxes.
But it's not old west, it's a permutation of the old west w/ robots, zombies, big rigs, cyborgs, were-beasts, ghosts, aliens, and other stuff figuring very prominently.

Abe Lincoln faked his death to become a unit leader for the Union under General grant who is a cyborg.  Abe Lincoln runs around in an armored top hat and armored trench-coat with an axe that is also a shotgun and has been corrupted into a dupe of the bad guys, as have most of the factions.

The game uses dollars as points for force selection.

Factions so far:

Watchers ->  ancient aliens who have something to do with the RJ-1027 mineral. Seem to be biomechanical.

Dark council -> a group of mercenaries using RJ-1027 who manipulate & corrupt world powers(Not in game but more just as background feature)

Confederacy -> having lost the Civil War the Confederacy moved out west or allied with the Enlightened.

Union -> The Union is slowly going power mad trying to keep everything together

The Enlightened -> collective of notable scientists trying to create a new society using robots made from dead people and RJ-1027 tech, assisting the Confederacy

The Warrior Nation -> An alliance of Indian tribes invested with various supernatural abilities to destroy RJ-1027 tech and anyone who stands in their way. Seem to be natural allies of the Holy Order but not sure of actual relationship. Warrior Nation is destroying RK-1027 because they see it as a threat to all mankind and they view the death of the Warrior Nation as an acceptable risk to stop RJ-1027 corruption.

The Golden Army -> Conquistadors with their lives extended by RJ-1027 tech are hiring "dirt farmers" to fight for them as they maraud across Mexico and the western territories.

The Holy Order -> A secretive organization that destroys RJ-1027 tech and anyone they think might be corrupted by it, also oppose the watchers. Big picture they are the good guys. In theater they are brutal amoral, focused on their own ends with no concern for collateral damage.

The Dark Nation -> Some of the Warrior nation was corrupted and have become bestial insane marauders

The Outlaws -> A bunch of outlaws stole a trainload of RJ-2027 arms and are a new power to be reckoned with along the frontier.

The Lawmen -> A ragtag alliance of men, women and robots trying to hold the Outlaws at bay with what ever RJ-1027 weapons they can scrounge. Loosely affiliated with the Union who supplies them.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 12:14:06 AM by palaeomerus »