Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:19:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690790
  • Total Topics: 118350
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Oldhammer themed Fantasy Terrain coming soon!  (Read 1494 times)

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
Oldhammer themed Fantasy Terrain coming soon!
« on: December 20, 2016, 11:31:25 PM »
Hey guys,

I thought many of you would like to see these, given the vibrant Oldhammer community on this page.

I've been working with Apocalypse Miniatures and Tony Harwood (Dampfpanzerwagon) these past few months on getting some Terrain pieces prepped for a Kickstarter they are running next year.

Here's what they have posted on their Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/apocalypseminiatures/?fref=ts) about it:
We've been busy for some time…. And so, Apocalypse miniatures presents to you the start of a range of inspiring and characterful scenery that, by capturing the essence of classic Fantasy Wargaming, will bring your games and miniatures to life. Our aim is to release these through a Kickstarter project in late spring/early summer 2017.
Inspired by the classic Warhammer Scenario, "Bloodbath at Orcs Drift" and card stock structures of old, Apocalypse Miniatures have been busily drawing up concepts and plans for an entire range of characterful scenery, adorning's and oddments that will enable you to play a wide variety of old and new fantasy and historical scenarios, battles and skirmishes alike.
The concepts themselves have then been handed to the master of scenery sculpting, Tony Harwood (the notorious blogger behind "Dampfpanzerwagon"), each piece has been crafted with love and care - focusing on intricate details and textures to create a history and story within each piece. This attention to detail has made them as characterful as the miniatures in which they will hopefully be blessing your tabletops/gaming tables with.
The final stage for the models is for them be passed on to the highly gifted and talented manufacturers at Hysterical Games. They are now a well known and highly respected group of energetic, enthusiastic and experienced individuals who have worked with a number of businesses in the industry. It is Hysterical Games that will take Tony Harwood's sculpts and professionally cast them in a high quality resin, with no quarter given in the attempt at attaining perfection.
Attached are photos of the first few sculpts and concept sketches. Feel free to contact us for more details and be sure to check out our Facebook page from time to time where we will upload our progress whenever possible!

Offline jambo1

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Oldhammer themed Fantasy Terrain coming soon!
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 05:51:15 AM »
They look cracking!! I can see them ending up used in my Flintloque games!! :)

Offline Timotl

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 06:15:19 AM »
Those are great!!! I'll pledge for sure...

Offline Sir_Theo

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2016, 12:46:24 PM »
I've been looking for something like this.  Colour me interested

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2016, 12:49:56 PM »
Just bookmarking for convenience...  ;)
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline frenchfever

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2016, 09:11:59 PM »
they look great, reminds me the Lone wolf atmosphere