Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:21:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691078
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 843
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Firefly/Serenity Crew(s)  (Read 5498 times)

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
Firefly/Serenity Crew(s)
« on: January 04, 2017, 03:53:22 AM »
I am interested in what manufacturers make Firefly/Serenity crew members.  I have the figures made by Sgt. Major (shown below), and I have put together my version of the Serenity crew using eight Reaper figures and one modified Heroclix figure (also shown below).  Are there any other 28mm Serenity crews on the market?I am interested in what manufacturers make Firefly/Serenity crew members.

Offline Diablo Jon

• Mastermind

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The dog, the dog, he's at it again
Re: Firefly/Serenity Crew(s)
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 07:32:14 AM »
There was a KS only set of not-Serenity crew for Sedition Wars back in the day. Now seen @ eBay only* I assume. Example:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kickstarter-Exclusive-Sedition-Wars-Not-Serenity-Crew-Mercenary-Crew-Firefly-/371829149659

Be adviced that they are plastic resin and, well, not just very great casts tho some folks have managed to get them polished up pretty nice:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-23vLKPyKYls/UpYxgz8gt5I/AAAAAAAAAvA/WI9PVUUKng0/s1600/Serenity+crew.jpg

---

*) Or available from me if someone really wants it. Not sure why I got it in the first place.

Offline Suber

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 09:27:31 AM »
I'm also interested in the very same issue ;)

I think this could make a nice River Tam:
http://www.hfminis.co.uk/shop?product=brooke~hfsf113&category=sci%252dfi-%26%0D%0Aweird-war~sci%252dfi-humans

I'll keep an eye to any suggestions in this thread :D

Offline Whitehorn

• Librarian
  • Sculptor
    • Krakon Games
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2017, 10:51:31 AM »
I really fancy doing a derivative for my upcoming crew. Which one is begging to be made?

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2017, 03:00:24 PM »
I really appreciate the guidance you have all given.  I'm not sure why "more Serenity" crew is something I want, but there a lots of things about this hobby that probably don't always make sense.  Of the figures you have guided me to, the Heresy Miniatures are pulling at me the hardest.  I had a look at the Sedition Wars figures and found five (Mal, Zoe, Jayne, River, and Kaylee).  The pictures I saw looked good, but they appear to be very expensive and 32mm... I don't think that is a good combo for me.  Gang fighter Games was interesting, but while I could find the Tranquility Crew (good name choice), I couldn't see prices or how to purchase... probably just me; I'm old.  I agree with Suber about the River Tam idea, but I think I shot my cobble-a-crew-together bolt when I did the Reaper based crew.  Thanks again to all of you for shinning a light on this.  I hope others may offer additional ideas.  Richard

Offline Manchu

• Mad Scientist
    • Life on Jasoom?
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2017, 03:14:30 PM »
Send an email to Gangfight Games, the owner is a really nice guy. He may have taken down the Serenity Crew from the webstore while working on his current KS.

http://store.gangfightgames.com/contact/

You can also reach him via Dakka Dakka:

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/user/profile/666.page
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 03:19:26 PM by Manchu »

Offline Manchu

• Mad Scientist
    • Life on Jasoom?
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2017, 03:17:36 PM »
Which one is begging to be made?
For your project or generally? Generally, Wash seems to get short shrift. But I'm not sure how you would make an alien/droid recognizable as a not-Wash figure. Unless maybe you do it as a visual pun, with a Wash-droid that looks kind of like K-2SO. But at that point, might as well drop the whole faux-West thing and make a not-K-2SO, which people also want nowadays anyhow.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 03:19:54 PM by Manchu »

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2017, 06:34:26 PM »
Manchu, thanks for the suggestion.  Let me make a comment that's a little off topic but what the heck... Wash and Simon seem to be the least adaptable from other lines.  When I selected my Wash from the Reaper stuff available I picked a nice figure that was general out of character for Wash expect for one episode entitled War Stories so I went with that.  I found no figures that I like for Simon among the huge number of figures that Reaper makes so I modified a Heroclix figure.  Oddly, I think that Sgt Major Wash is one of their best crew figures... really nailed his outfit.  Now that I have made that rather meaningless observation I feel better.  Again, thank you for the suggestion; I do appreciate it despite my ramblings.  Richard

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2017, 06:32:28 AM »
I had a look at the Sedition Wars figures and found five (Mal, Zoe, Jayne, River, and Kaylee).  The pictures I saw looked good, but they appear to be very expensive and 32mm...
I suppose you might want to treat the stretch goal model "Pilot Jada Lily" as Kaylee but I'm thinking that's not the intent: she's probably a more generic sexy mechanic grrl -- that was apparently a thing back then since one cropped up in many different projects and games. The official "Calamity Crew" is only four models, which I don't think are 32mm really. IIRC they are pretty small compared to the baseline SW stuff. But I'm sure they are plenty expensive, being "limited edition" and all.

Offline Greylegion

• Bookworm
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2017, 09:05:46 PM »
I kinda like this one for a "Mal".

http://store.aberrantgames.com/abg6004.html

Offline ecurtz

• Librarian
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2017, 11:12:58 PM »
The official "Calamity Crew" is only four models, which I don't think are 32mm really. IIRC they are pretty small compared to the baseline SW stuff. But I'm sure they are plenty expensive, being "limited edition" and all.

The Calamity Crew definitely aren't 32mm. Maybe 28mm non-heroic or even 25mm. I can put calipers on them if anyone needs to know.

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2017, 07:09:38 AM »
I did a quick visual comparison of not-Zoë with a GW Space Marine and it definitely was shorter, never mind slighter. That said, the Space Marine I used is a bit taller than 28mm (eye-level measurement) if one takes the pose into account.
http://heros.netai.net/pix/GWSM-Al.jpg

Offline Major_Gilbear

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • God-Emperor of Dune
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2017, 01:26:03 PM »
There's also the Exodus Wars "Wayward Eight" crew which might work for a steampunky-sci-fi version of them (...not to mention that they are clearly based on the Serenity crew anyway!). ;)