Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:31:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689659
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Fear & Faith AAR  (Read 3218 times)

Offline Legionnaire

• Mad Scientist
  • So many ideas, so little time for games...
Fear & Faith AAR
« on: January 20, 2017, 04:07:55 PM »
I am not sure which board is the best for my solo games of Fear and Faith (Ganesha Games). This or Post-Apocalyptic, as they are more involved with general monster hunting in a modern setting than Zombie bashing. Anyways, here are the two 'stories' I've played so far, with pictures:

http://imgur.com/a/klkoR

http://imgur.com/a/a5Nbu
"Who knows what Evil lurks in the heart of men?"
"The Shadow knows!!! Hahahahaha!"

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Everything is Better with Vampire Supermodels
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
Re: Fear & Faith AAR
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 04:16:07 PM »
Nice looking games and fun AARs, thank you very much for sharing!  ;)

EDIT: "MONSTERCIDE" is a heck if a name, BTW! (you better copyright that! :) )
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 04:19:50 PM by dinohunterpoa »
"Because life is made of inspiration, dreaming and insanity in about equal measure."
- Erzsébet Báthory - 1560-1614 (?)

Offline Legionnaire

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 04:21:58 PM »
Nice looking games and fun AARs, thank you very much for sharing!  ;)

EDIT: "MONSTERCIDE" is a heck if a name, BTW!

Thank you very much for the kind words sir!

I was first thinking of Zombiecide but knew it was taken. Then I thought of David Bowie's 'Rock n' roll suicide' and as the 'series' were going to feature an Elvis impersonator (lovely Hasslefree figure) I thought 'Monstercide' and hey presto  lol lol!!!!

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 04:42:16 PM »
This "cide" featured in the soundtrack of my last F&F game (set in the 70s):

lol
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 04:45:49 PM by dinohunterpoa »

Offline Legionnaire

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2017, 05:09:17 PM »
This "cide" featured in the soundtrack of my last F&F game (set in the 70s):

lol

I didn't even know this existed  lol lol lol!

I also toyed with other 'series' names, such as 'Monster Mash' (Bobby "Boris" Pickett 1962), 'Help!' (The Beatles 1965), 'Saturday night is alright for fighting' (Elton John 1973) and 'Running Scared' (Roy Obison 1961) but Rock n' Roll Monstercide stuck  lol!!!

I think upcoming 'episodes' will be 'People are strange' (The Doors 1967), 'Bloodsucker' (Deep Purple 1970) and 'Evil Woman' (Crow 1969). With a 'Kill 'em All' (Metallica 1983) thrown in for good measure  :D!

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2017, 05:11:34 PM »
I think upcoming 'episodes' will be 'People are strange' (The Doors 1967), 'Bloodsucker' (Deep Purple 1970) and 'Evil Woman' (Crow 1969). With a 'Kill 'em All' (Metallica 1983) thrown in for good measure  :D!

I'm sold! Looking forward to see them!  ;)

Offline Vampifan

• Scientist
    • Vampifan's World of the Undead
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2017, 10:58:05 PM »
Excellent batrep, Legionnaire. I really like what you're doing and look forward to more adventures with Alvis, Josey-Anne and now, Rufus.

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
    • Vagabond's Wargaming Blog
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2017, 12:00:10 AM »
I enjoyed the story as much as ever, you have a good turn of phrase, which I am envious of. Excellent game, plenty of suspense and that Josie Anne what a girl.

Shame about Clete I would have liked it if he has made it rather than that dog, I have a soft spot for older men with beards winning through in games, nothing to do with being one myself you understand.

I see you've been spending money on scenery, its looking good, I like the furniture you've got in there it rounds it off well.

I had a delivery of Westwinds figures for Christmas so sometime next year I may have hairy werewolves on my table as well. lol lol
Cheers

Offline Legionnaire

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2017, 04:11:33 PM »
Excellent batrep, Legionnaire. I really like what you're doing and look forward to more adventures with Alvis, Josey-Anne and now, Rufus.

In the words of Elvis:"Thank ya', thank ya' very much"  lol. Glad you like my little musings and there should be more 'episodes' coming Tuesday/ Wednesday sometime.

Offline Legionnaire

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2017, 04:17:29 PM »
I enjoyed the story as much as ever, you have a good turn of phrase, which I am envious of. Excellent game, plenty of suspense and that Josie Anne what a girl.

Shame about Clete I would have liked it if he has made it rather than that dog, I have a soft spot for older men with beards winning through in games, nothing to do with being one myself you understand.

I see you've been spending money on scenery, its looking good, I like the furniture you've got in there it rounds it off well.

I had a delivery of Westwinds figures for Christmas so sometime next year I may have hairy werewolves on my table as well. lol lol
Cheers

That's some nice praise Vagabond, thank you kindly, especially as English is my secondary language.

Oh well, the fickle Dice Gods (almost wrote DOGS there haha), but that's the way the D6 crumbles. Clete actually didn't have any beard but mighty rocker sideburns though.

The scenery is something I've actually had for a couple of years now (the interior bits are Fenris and the cottage has seen LOT of action in various games of mine, a Sarissa building), so nothing new really.

I bought some Westwind minis a year or two back really cheap and the Werewolves turned out pretty nicely (also bought some winged monsters that I was less happy with but still doing the trick).

New AAR's are likely to be up Tuesday/ Wednesday sometime and thanks for reading and the nice comments.

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2017, 12:22:36 AM »
Legionnaire, as inspiration for future "Road Movie" adventures take a look at West Wind's ROADKILL line, specially the Werewolf and Vampire Bikers!

Their BAD MOON OVER MEMPHIS line has very nice minis as well, including Elvis werewolves and vampire rock players!!

BTW: the ROADKILL miniatures are 32mm (like the Horrorclix/Heroclix ones), designed to go well with 1:43 scale vehicles; but the bikers are perfect side by side with 28mm humans from other manufacturers! ;)

And since we are talking about rock, these are Copplestone's FW44 Band on the Run:

« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 12:26:05 AM by dinohunterpoa »

Offline Legionnaire

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2017, 08:01:57 PM »
dinohunterpoa: The idea is really good and I would do something of that sort... However, with limited time/ energy for the hobby these days I'd rather use what I have at hand to play the occasional game when I can. I have a small collection of various horror minis that I made for Strange Aeons that will do and also the Brotherhood and the Sisterhood from Westwind when I want bikers both mounted and on foot  lol.

The painting that I manage to squeeze in these days is concentrated on finishing my large Shadows of Brimstone collection, and when that is done, I might look at other projects but that might well be around the summer time...

I'll keep it in mind though, because you CAN'T go wrong with an Elvis in a jumpsuit ;).

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2017, 04:49:14 AM »
I'll keep it in mind though, because you CAN'T go wrong with an Elvis in a jumpsuit ;).

lol lol lol lol lol