Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:19:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690790
  • Total Topics: 118350
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Guildball by Sigur  (Read 11413 times)

Offline Steam Flunky

• Mastermind
  • Stop the world.I want to get off!
    • My Miniature collections on Flickr
Re: Guildball by Sigur
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2017, 10:47:47 AM »
Fantastic painting and a great choice of colours
laf medals by Robert  (steam flunky), auf Flickrhttps://www.flickr.com/photos/torq42/sets/

Offline Pijlie

• Mastermind
    • Pijlie's blog
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2017, 11:52:06 AM »
Top notch work. Splendid.
I wish I were a glowworm
'cause glowworms 're never glum
How can you be grumpy
When the sun shines out yer bum?

http://pijlieblog.blogspot.nl/

Offline Breazer

• Mad Scientist
    • Breaz Brushes
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2017, 12:43:17 PM »
excellent stuff good sir. as always ;)

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2017, 11:40:14 PM »

@DeafNala: Okay, what's the deal with this format of comments you do? :D Not that I don't appreciate them.. ;)

It is just a way of expressing enthusiasm. I got in the habit of bold capitals for words of praise. If I have nothing positive to say. I say nothing.
In your case, you will wind up with varying intros to a VERY WELL DONE!
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline Battle Brush Sigur

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2017, 10:59:18 AM »
@Major_Gilbear: Cheers. :)

@The Voivod: Thanks for looking in regardless, Sir! Always high praise indeed if people who don't care for the game much comment. I have to admit that I haven't played it either and it isn't terribly high on my to-do list either. A few weeks ago I read that it's slightly based on this crazy medieval football game which is basically people punching each other until a ball rolls in some goal, all while wearing 16th century-ish clothes. I saw a documentary on that a few years ago and found it rather fascinating and it makes me understand Guild Ball a bit more now. And I hear it's a great set of rules. I just have so much on my to-do list and this game is a bit below these other things.

@Steam Flunky: Thanks very much!

@Pijlie: Cheers, Sir!

@Breazer: Thanks for dropping by, buddy. ;)

@DeafNala: I see what you mean, and I hope I didn't appear cross. It's just a distinctive style and I don't think we met online before. As I said: Each comment is appreciated, especially as you seem to put some effort into getting things done a bit different.

Hullo, I'm back.

Late last year I did two more teams. First of which was the Masons:

...as well as a few more additions to existing teams:

All very cool models really. It's a real shame I didn't take a better picture of the Butcher lady in the far right, because she's maybe my favourite Guildball model so far. Excellent face and I'm a bit proud of the hair too (even though it doesn't quite show in the picture). Now for the bad part: The name of the character is Fillet, as in "a piece of tender, high quality meat". Which has to be the worst name for a female character possible. And if I notice that, it's got to be bad. Nothing to get mad about, but rather weird (especially for a company who are setting up their own paints range and rejected the name "chocolate brown" for that colour that's always called chocolate brown unless you're GW because it might be interpreted as racist. The mind is boggled.). Maybe I'm just weird about it because I like the model so much though. :D

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2017, 01:47:28 PM »
Your latest creations are as GORGOUS as their predecessors. VERY WELL DONE!

@DeafNala: I see what you mean, and I hope I didn't appear cross. It's just a distinctive style and I don't think we met online before. As I said: Each comment is appreciated, especially as you seem to put some effort into getting things done a bit different.

No offense taken. We all have our own way of doing things.
If you'd like to get acquainted, I have a few pages posted here:

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=26140.0

I'd skip down to the later pages if I were you.

Offline tanktastic43

• Scientist
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2017, 01:55:04 PM »
Great paint!

Very well done.

tt43.

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2017, 01:58:29 PM »
Wow! That's some amazing painting! Each team is its own set of striking colours!  :-*

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2017, 05:00:13 PM »
@DeafNala: Alrighty, thanks for the explanation. ;) I did have a look at some of your threads before. Very, very cool stuff in there.

@tanktastic43: Thanks very much!

@Andym: Cheers, thanks for the comment!

Alright, let's bring this up to date. Here's the Hunters team!

The camo pattern was requested by the customer (well, some kind of woodland-y camo pattern was, the exact look was up to me), which gave me a bit of a headache integrating it into a colour scheme, but I think it worked out in the end. :) On this team I also added some fallen leafs to the bases, in part to cover up the traps a little bit. Doesn't actually cover them up of course, because it would be daft painting them and then covering them up. It's like with painting camo. You want it to look like camo but you really don't want it to work like camo of course. ;)

Oh yes, and the bear is huge. Probably the nicest bear mini I know of too, that I have to admit. Oh, and i like the hair on the red haired lady in that team. About the crouching bald guy: completely bald guys are boring. Usually I paint some stubbly hair on them or some sort of half-bald stubbly hair (my favourite). On this one I just painted some tattoo over half of his face and scalp. Works as well for making the mini a bit more interesting. :) I've also seen the Avatar arrow been done on him, but I don't really dig that look. I also never watched the show. So yeah, swirly, tentacly tattoo it was. Hope you like them!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 11:46:44 PM by Battle Brush Sigur »

Offline Gargobot

• Librarian
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2017, 05:10:22 PM »
Color transitions sooo smooth. Man, this looks so great. Hmmm, all smileys on this forum are green, which one is the :envious: one?  ;)

Offline Breazer

• Mad Scientist
    • Breaz Brushes
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2017, 05:18:21 PM »
I just love the bear man. It all looks great but the bear is my favorite. Great stuff as always. Really need to get something painted by you sometime Sigur.

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2017, 06:55:07 PM »
Great stuff! :-* Are the traps scratch built?

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2017, 08:42:48 PM »
@Gargobot: Thanks very much, dude. :)

@Breazer: :D That's very nice of you to say.

@Andym: Thanks, Sir! Nah, they come with the Hunters models, One of them's got the net one, some other dude's got the steel ones. What are they called again? It's Fangeisen in German. Is is bear traps?

Here are some more mascots for the Butchers (hog), the Fishermen (Octopus), the Alchemists (Snake) and the Union (Turtle):

Took a bit of a gamble on the colour scheme of the Turtle. It had to fit the rather gaudy Union scheme. In the end I trimmed the shell in gold, because I think this is exactly what the Union dudes would do. ;)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 11:48:41 PM by Battle Brush Sigur »

Offline Supercollider

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2017, 04:23:31 AM »
Tremendous painting!  :-*

I usually get my tabletop alt-sport fix from Blood Bowl, I think I'll give this game a look over, too! Thanks for sharing.

Online The Voivod

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2017, 07:54:32 AM »
More awesome stuff.
Jealous of your brush-skills.
'Mercy? I am far to brave to grant you mercy.'