Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:29:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Dracula's America.  (Read 59036 times)

Offline Gardensnake

• Bookworm
Re: Dracula's America.
« Reply #450 on: August 19, 2017, 03:26:06 AM »
Next stop is some mounted guys and the plantation house.

I too, look forward to seeing those.

William
Until such time as Congress stops being a ridiculous farce, comedy is utterly acceptable at their hearings.
Sean Patrick Fannon

Offline Saucy Jack

• Scientist
    • London by Midnight
« Reply #451 on: August 19, 2017, 06:52:05 AM »
In our rpg group we have just decided to play Deadlands agsin, using the SW mechanics but changing the setting background to Dracula's America.

The player posse will not immediately belong to one of the factions, but is a normal gunslinger faction.

Re-reading the pages with timeline, I noticed it said the ravaged South. So are we to understand that the South has been more destroyed than it was in real life in 1865?

Anyone who has any suggestions on how to handle a Dracula's America rpg feel free to reply.

Offline Old-N-Busted

• Librarian
« Reply #452 on: August 19, 2017, 07:58:04 AM »
Super game but don.t go into the corn field have you seen Dead Birds ! lol
Well said Agshard we"ve never really liked the Yull have we? vicious buggers-fluffy too. Space Captain Smith Vol 2

Offline dartfrog

• Scientist
« Reply #453 on: August 19, 2017, 09:37:39 AM »
I have in fact seen 'dead birds'. It was recommended on this very forum. Rather enjoyed it. Not saying it influenced me in any way, but . . .

Offline Fenrir

• Scientist
    • The Lead Mountaineer
« Reply #454 on: August 19, 2017, 06:45:33 PM »
@Saucy Jack: Yup, in the Dracula's America timeline the South is an utterly devastated wasteland- Sherman's March to the Sea was even more thorough than in real life! Rumours that Sherman was Turned by Dracula prior to this are still completely unsubstantiated... By '75, the few survivors eke out a meagre living in shanty towns in the heart of the swamps and amongst the ruins of various cities, towns and plantations- mainly trying to steer clear of Dark Confederacy patrols and their fierce clashes with The Congregation and Lee's Free South Movement! Oh, and book 3 will focus in on this dismal region and it's denizens in more detail.

Really intrigued by your idea of transplanting your Deadlands RPG into Dracula's America- let us know how you get on!  :)

@All: Oh aye; and if anybody is off to Partizan tomorrow (Sunday 20th August), stop by Northstar's stand where I'll be demoing DA and say howdy- I'd be happy to have a chat about the game and/or it's setting!
I now have a Blog, like an actual modern-day human!
https://lead-mountaineer.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline DeltaBlue

• Bookworm
  • wait who planted the claymore?!?
« Reply #455 on: August 21, 2017, 11:37:16 AM »

@DeltaBlue: Brilliant stuff- I love all the amusing/ridiculous things that can potentially occur during play- it's good to hear other folks are already having fun with DA!  :D  Was the Skinwalker Chief actually in Beast Form when he got shoved off the walkway?!
[/quote]

@Fenrir: no he had changed to go up a series of ladders as we were playing across different levels of a mine, but I will try to keep of abreast of amusing and ridiculous
GM (me) - you spot a 70 year old grey hair little old lady.. Clutching large leather bound book and a uzi.

“Tom”- “She has a Book!!!”

“Danny”- “I put a bust of M4 fire between her eyes” rolls…

Phil- “if he misses I put a shotgun slug in her face” 

That’s the Delta green baby"

Offline mweaver

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #456 on: August 21, 2017, 10:20:43 PM »
My swag arrived today.  Very handsome book!  The campaign system reminds me of the old Mordheim rules - my favorite skirmish game to date (in large part because it had such a simple but elegant campaign system).  Haven't looked at the figures yet (waiting for aardtacha to arrive home from work).  We have been playing Shadows of Brimstone heavily of late, so DA should fit the current mood.  Of course we do play pretty much only collaborative games, but we can figure something out (we have played collaborative Mordheim campaigns many times through the years). 

-Michael

Offline TellWaadt

• Lurker
« Reply #457 on: August 24, 2017, 01:28:41 PM »
A little question: When you align your posse to one of the factions, you get skills (free upgrades) for approximately 50$ (or more if you choose the Hero or Veterans to be the supernatural creature): Would it be therefore balanced to give normal posse 150$ (+ 1 hero) to start with?
Regards

Offline Saucy Jack

• Scientist
    • London by Midnight
« Reply #458 on: August 25, 2017, 04:56:18 AM »
A few more rules questions that someone posted on FB:
Hi, a few quick questions have come to mind before I try out my first game...
1. If I make a move action to charge an enemy and get a free fight action, can I issue another fight action as my 2nd action after the first fight?
2. If I move 4" round a corner into an enemy, do I just move into contact(engage) without a free fight action as I couldn't see them at the start of the turn?

Offline Fenrir

• Scientist
    • The Lead Mountaineer
« Reply #459 on: August 25, 2017, 06:09:43 AM »
@Tellwaadt: An interesting question! For now, I'd say that sounds about right- though I'd be wary of allowing a second Hero Rank model... I assume you are talking about a one-off game using the advanced Posse creation system?
You aren't the only person to ask about fielding a regular Posse against Supernatural opponents, so this is definitely something that warrants looking at and play-testing. Try your idea, and let me know how you get on!  :)

@Saucy Jack:
1: Yes, if you have two Actions and you Charge an enemy with the first you may make another Fight Action with your second Action. If things go well and you take the first opponent out, you could potentially perform a Charge with the second Action and effectively get 4 Actions in one Activation (two Moves and two free Fights)- those Skinwalkers can be brutal!
2: Again yes: As the rules state on page 20, you must be able to see your Target at the start of the Move Action to be able to Charge them- otherwise, you count as simply engaging them and you won't get the free Fight!

I'm working on getting a Facebook account up and running purely so that I can get on to the Player's Page and answer folks' questions directly, so bear with me- and thanks for relaying them to me here in the meantime!  8)

Offline dartfrog

• Scientist
« Reply #460 on: August 25, 2017, 09:13:12 AM »
As a non facebooker I'm happy to see you here!

Offline Vampifan

• Scientist
    • Vampifan's World of the Undead
« Reply #461 on: August 25, 2017, 09:39:11 AM »
As a non facebooker I'm happy to see you here!

Ditto!  :D

Offline Saucy Jack

• Scientist
    • London by Midnight
« Reply #462 on: August 25, 2017, 10:24:41 AM »
Excellent - thank you @fenrir.

We will be starting our first campaign game this evening. This time with fully painted models!

Offline TellWaadt

• Lurker
« Reply #463 on: August 25, 2017, 10:43:36 AM »
Thanks a lot, we will try and keep you informed.

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Everything is Better with Vampire Supermodels
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #464 on: August 25, 2017, 11:43:41 AM »
I'm working on getting a Facebook account up and running purely so that I can get on to the Player's Page and answer folks' questions directly, so bear with me- and thanks for relaying them to me here in the meantime!  8)

Fenrir, BE WARNED: most of those FB guys are WEIRDOS!  :o

Nothing like old and nice LAF people!  ;)
"Because life is made of inspiration, dreaming and insanity in about equal measure."
- Erzsébet Báthory - 1560-1614 (?)