Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:02:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686495
  • Total Topics: 118103
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [15mm] Ockman's Sci-fi, update 240203: Why 15mm gaming is best  (Read 140703 times)

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
Re: [15mm] Ockman's Sci-fi, update 200130: More WIPs
« Reply #675 on: February 24, 2020, 11:33:59 AM »
Your colony is coming along! Like the others have said the road system adds a bit more character, makes the place look a little more organic!

Loving the shuttle too! The design isnt something I've seen before in miniature and the painting style reminds me of the G-Police game from back in 1999, one of my favourite PS1 games. :D :-*

Thanks, Brummie!

I like the more organic city shape one gets with the offset roads. Never played G-Police, but I tried to use classic Star Wars colours on the shuttle.

Looking forward to their arrival.

Thanks, I've actually played my first game. Stay tuned for an AAR.

Amazing that all this is scratch-built.

Thanks, November! I'm pretty impressed myself!  ;)

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
Re: [15mm] Ockman's Sci-fi, update 200223: Campaign teaser
« Reply #676 on: February 24, 2020, 01:46:44 PM »
Your work looks really great, again I must say those new tiles with the others look great a real nice city flow to them.

Your tease to your next game has me hooked, can't wait to see it!
Just remember "If the Enemy is in range, so are YOU!

http://silo1313.blogspot.com/

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #677 on: February 24, 2020, 05:14:05 PM »
Your work looks really great, again I must say those new tiles with the others look great a real nice city flow to them.

Your tease to your next game has me hooked, can't wait to see it!

Thanks, Doug!

I've just taken my seven TGR soap tray jungle plants out of their packages, I'm going to base them on plasticard later on!

TGR soap trays jungle by Oscar Falk, on Flickr

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #678 on: February 24, 2020, 10:24:55 PM »
It’s been a while since I had visited here, and, boy, what did I miss!
Awesome new project!

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #679 on: February 25, 2020, 05:08:39 AM »
Yes! A jungle would be excellent!  ;)

I had received  a bunch of plastic plants a little while back waiting to do a jungle.

Plus I just last week a package from Alternative Army! Lots of individual figures mostly aliens.

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #680 on: February 25, 2020, 01:23:24 PM »
It’s been a while since I had visited here, and, boy, what did I miss!
Awesome new project!

Thanks, Florian!

Yes! A jungle would be excellent!  ;)

I had received  a bunch of plastic plants a little while back waiting to do a jungle.

Plus I just last week a package from Alternative Army! Lots of individual figures mostly aliens.

I'm a huge fan of Alternative Armies, they carry loads of awesome things!

Not sure what I will paint or build next, but I would like to make jungle terrain and some overgrown ruins. Or some shanties. Or paint some minis. Or finalize my new tiles. Or build some more city terrain. Or build some scatter terrain.

Offline Oldben1

• Mastermind
    • My Terrain Projects
« Reply #681 on: February 25, 2020, 03:35:11 PM »
Even better on the computer!  I was checking out your pictures on my phone, size in pictures does matter.

Now I need a dropship. :?

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #682 on: February 26, 2020, 07:56:08 AM »
Even better on the computer!  I was checking out your pictures on my phone, size in pictures does matter.

Now I need a dropship. :?

Thanks, Michael!

I'm quite interested in expanding my fleet of spacecraft, I've got one scratchbuilt cargo hauler that needs detailing, one Khurasan Cormorant that sits in a box and one Ion Age Mark I Skylark.

I'm also thinking about adapting 28mm models to 15mm spacecraft. I've got an eye on the Necron Doomschyte, which I think would look really cool if one sculpted a cockpit over the place where the robot pilot is sitting. The Tau Pirahna would also look cool, if one could cover the top. Gates of Antares also have a lot of skimmers and drones that would work as dropships in 15mm.

...or if you're interested, I've got plans to build a copy of my shuttle on page 43.  ;)

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #683 on: February 26, 2020, 04:27:41 PM »
I should build some smaller ships, something that would fit much like your's Ockmam one to three seats or multiple seats like a shuttle, just something small, fighters would be fun or a patrol unit that uses multiples of the same ship just different call sign markings.

I'm going to have a closer look of your plans on page 43!

Doug

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
Re: [15mm] Ockman's Sci-fi, update 200228: Trill Tanaka
« Reply #684 on: February 28, 2020, 07:31:16 PM »
Trill Tanaka by Oscar Falk, on Flickr

Raised on cheap adventure books and serials about heroic bounty hunters, Trill Tanaka knew exactly what she wanted to do when she grew up. She finished enforcement academy first in her class, a huge potential slated for a long and illustruous career.

On the night of Trill's graduation, a uniformed official came up to her during the celebrations. He congratulated Trill on her accomplishments, then served her a draft notice letter. Instead of sleuthing and working with law enforcement, she would be part of the security team on the top secret Project Philotes, leaving for the hidden asteroid base in the morning.

It turned out that Project Philotes' need for security was rather limited. Trill engaged in her tasks with zeal, but there was only a finite amount of work to do. That's when she befriended Gaztav, another denizen of the asteroid base, who also had an interest in fiction. In their spare time, they started a detective agency, solving mysteries like 'The Case of the Missing Marmelade' and 'The Janitor Affair'. Together, they pooled their proceeds to buy an old beat-up ship, which they spent their evenings fixing up.

The attack came out of the blue. Trill and Gaztav were working on the ship as the PA-system came to life. "RED ALERT! RED ALERT! We are under attack! Get out! Escape! There's no way we can defend ourselves agains-". The system shut off as abruptly as it began. Trill and Gaztav glanced at each other quickly, then scurried into the ship, starting it up. As they cleared the launch bay, the asteroid base was rocked by explosions, cracks opened all across the asteroid, breaking it up.

Somehow, Trill and Gaztav managed to get away in their ship. Trill tried to report back to United Government officials, but no-one would ever acknowledge the existence of Project Philotes. Without neither jobs nor (official) service records, Trill and Gaztav decided to do what they knew best: mystery solving, sleuthing, troubleshooting and bounty hunting...

Trill Tanaka by Oscar Falk, on Flickr

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #685 on: February 29, 2020, 02:19:30 AM »
Very nice back story for Trill. So what happened to Gaztav?

Very nice paint work on Trill too!

Doug

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #686 on: February 29, 2020, 08:31:58 AM »
Very nice back story for Trill. So what happened to Gaztav?

Very nice paint work on Trill too!

Doug

Thanks, Doug!

For Gaztav, you'll have to wait for the...

NEXT INSTALLMENT!!

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #687 on: February 29, 2020, 02:17:04 PM »
 lol lol lol

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #688 on: February 29, 2020, 11:13:15 PM »
I should build some smaller ships, something that would fit much like your's Ockmam one to three seats or multiple seats like a shuttle, just something small, fighters would be fun or a patrol unit that uses multiples of the same ship just different call sign markings.

I'm going to have a closer look of your plans on page 43!

Doug

Have you seen the Ion Age's Skylark Mk2? It has a bit of Star Wars feeling (especially the engines).

It could work as a smaller ship for you!

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #689 on: March 03, 2020, 04:11:16 PM »
I've been to Stockholm on a work trip and Stockholm has got some proper stores for arts, crafts, hobbies, miniatures and games.

I stocked up on plasticard (2mm and 1,5mm), plastic plants for my upcoming jungle, an RPG for my brother and some cork to build terrain from.

Now I'm going on another trip, to Gothenburg. I've heard they've got nerdy stores there as well...