Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:44:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690879
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [15mm] Ockman's Sci-fi, update 240203: Why 15mm gaming is best  (Read 144256 times)

Offline BeneathALeadMountain

• Mad Scientist
Re: [15mm] Ockman's Sci-fi, update 231110: K∅NG Mech Suit
« Reply #1020 on: November 14, 2023, 03:41:16 AM »
I love that ape like mech suit and your palette choice is very eye catching. Envious of how well your environments always frame your miniatures and look alive (not sterile/posed).

Andrew
BeneathALeadMountain
Beneath A Lead Mountain - my blog of hobby procrastination and sometimes even some progress
https://beneathaleadmountain.blogspot.com/

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
Re: [15mm] Ockman's Sci-fi, update 231110: K∅NG Mech Suit
« Reply #1021 on: November 15, 2023, 10:53:46 AM »
a great scene.  It is a fun model.

Thank you, Louie! It really is!

Well it really worked for this team. I am so jealous of your terrain board, it is always great to look at.

Thanks, Doug! I haven't built that much terrain lately, but I want to expand on my collection... There might be a desert board as well as an ice one in the close future.

I think it looks like an awesome color scheme.  Excellent painting, as always.

Dan

Thank you, Dan! I'm happy with how it turned out, even if it didn't look as planned. Cyberpunk is awesome!

I love that ape like mech suit and your palette choice is very eye catching. Envious of how well your environments always frame your miniatures and look alive (not sterile/posed).

Andrew
BeneathALeadMountain

Thank you for your kind words! I do think terrain is even more important for a nice photo, than the miniatures themselves.

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
Re: [15mm] Ockman's Sci-fi, update 231116: Mission briefing
« Reply #1022 on: November 16, 2023, 07:11:27 AM »
Mistake posting
« Last Edit: November 16, 2023, 07:33:37 AM by Ockman »

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
Re: [15mm] Ockman's Sci-fi, update 231116: Mission briefing
« Reply #1023 on: November 16, 2023, 07:32:57 AM »
Meeting the Patrons by Oscar Falk, on Flickr

"Do not point that thing at me!"

"Hey, do not point that thing at me squidface!"

"Easy now, easy now... Would you please both lower your weapons?", Vorpal Dink asked. "I think that these aquatic fellows need our help to get something back which is theirs".

"Lower your weapon, Hruk. Mister Dink and his associates are to help us bring back the Seer stones that Kefalos Trade Guild stole from us. We have found out that they are to deliver them to a secret site here on Golgotha Prime."

"We have mapped their previous flight routes to the facility. It's always good to know what the Kefalos are up to", Captain Biro interjected. "Anyway, they are quite predictable in their movements. There is a specific point where we can station one of us with an EMP missile launcher. It should bring the craft down without damaging the cargo."

"The EMP blast ought to disable the craft's tracking signal, which should give us time enough to get the stones and get out", Dink added.

"It ought to", Hruk replied. "But let's be prepared if it doesn't."

"Yes, let's be prepared", Captain Biro agreed.

Flying into an ambush by Oscar Falk, on Flickr

Ambush by Oscar Falk, on Flickr

Crash site by Oscar Falk, on Flickr

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
Re: [15mm] Ockman's Sci-fi, update 231120: New terrain boards
« Reply #1024 on: November 20, 2023, 08:36:14 AM »
Ice planet board by Oscar Falk, on Flickr

I wanted to be able to add some variation to my Five Parsecs from Home games, it wasn't enough with just one city board, one badlands board and one starport. I wanted to be able to visit the classics: ice planet and desert planet.

This time, I wanted to do it quick and without too much work. I got a 60x60 cm canvas on MDF from the art store, a big tube of white paint and a smaller tube of ochra. I begun with the ice planet, where I just added a drop of Enchanted Blue in a big pile of white acrylic. I tried to not mix it very much, but to work with wet paints, blending the lighter blue with white, going only in one direction with the brush.

When it was dry, I turned it over and painted Ochre with a small amount of white with the same method. Amount of time it took to paint one side? 30 minutes. So about an hour of work (without drying time) for two new boards.

We're going places where we've never been...

Flipside Desert Planet Board by Oscar Falk, on Flickr

Offline Oldben1

• Mastermind
    • My Terrain Projects
« Reply #1025 on: November 20, 2023, 07:36:16 PM »
That looks great!

Offline LouieN

• Mastermind
  • "Aure entuluva!"
« Reply #1026 on: November 21, 2023, 01:46:30 AM »
Have spaceship will travel.

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #1027 on: November 21, 2023, 10:32:32 AM »
That looks great!

Thank you, Michael! I'm really happy with it.

Have spaceship will travel.

Band of lovable rogues available for hire. Will not murder innocents, but have no problem neutralizing criminals, tyrants or corporate troopers.

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #1028 on: January 15, 2024, 09:49:42 AM »
End-year festivities by Oscar Falk, on Flickr

Grog remembers the generation ship. The last month of every standard year, they chose a tree in the oxygenation forest and adorned it with shiny bits and chains of lights. Then, a week before the end of the standard year, the true believers could find gifts for them underneath the tree. The true believers were mostly children, but some grown-ups as well - and Grog, off course.

Last year, Grog wasn't able to celebrate the end-year festivities. He was trying to survive with the crew of the Matador in a hostile system overrun by Abductors. But this year, even if he felt like he was five Parsecs from home, he would find a tree, adorn it, and wait for his gift. Since he didn't get anything last year, he hoped that he'd get the thing he coveted the most - a power claw.

"This tree is perfect!", Grog exclaimed happily.
"It doesn't fit in the Matador, friend...", Illiam said.
"It does! At least sideways..."
"Let's find one that fits standing up, eh?"
"...alright. But the spirit of Festivity better bring me a power claw..."
"You never know what you'll get, Grog. Happy holidays!"
"Happy holidays, Illiam!"

Should have posted this before Christmas, but here it comes a bit late  :)

Offline Kourtchatovium104

• Scientist
  • An atom from alternate realities...
Re: [15mm] Ockman's Sci-fi, update 240115: Christmas update
« Reply #1029 on: January 15, 2024, 02:25:57 PM »
Never too late for interesting minis!  :)

Offline LouieN

• Mastermind
  • "Aure entuluva!"
Re: [15mm] Ockman's Sci-fi, update 240115: Christmas update
« Reply #1030 on: January 15, 2024, 05:00:05 PM »
Happy New year.  Looking forward to more of your 15mm post. 

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
Re: [15mm] Ockman's Sci-fi, update 240115: Mutants
« Reply #1031 on: January 15, 2024, 07:26:00 PM »
Mutants by Oscar Falk, on Flickr

The existence of mutations is the basis of evolution. Without mutation, no genetic variance from which an evolutionary selection can emerge. While humans have always mutated, there has been an enormous increase since the Resource War, the all out war that killed an estimate of 60-80% of Earth's population. The heightened background radiation after the nuclear war, the release of mutagenic chemicals in the atmosphere, as well as the rampant spread of viruses (both ancient and newly engineered ones) led to an extreme rise in mutations.

In history books, the period following the Resource War is often portrayed in a glorified way. The creation of the United Government, the reconciliation, the beginning of humanity's first galactic expansion... But horrible acts were still committed. The Toytox Project was created by an enclave of rogue scientists, with the purpose of creating more 'viable' mutants, mutants that could survive in hostile environments, mutants with new and enhanced abilities. On Exprod5, a facility situated in a forbidden zone, the Sypox scientists were conducting experiments on mutants, trying to force evolutionary strides. And while there were results, the horrors the mutants were subjected to were unforgivable. When United Government got wind of what transpired at Exprod5, they acted immediately, freeing the mutants and prosecuting the scientists. The United Government has since worked tirelessly to integrate mutants in the ordinary society, and while it has been successful in many instances, there is unfortunately still problems with widespread anti-mutant prejudice.

A band of mutants have been observed close to the Badlands on Golgotha Prime. They arrived on the merchant cruiser "Ophir", where they had worked for passage. The mutants wanted to create a self-sustaining settlement where they could live in peace, but it didn't turn out that way. Roaming HK-droids stumbled upon the mutants' camp, their corrupted positronic brains reading the mutants as threats. It was pure luck that the Shaman could conjure psionic lightning, frying the droids. After fighting the local wildlife and repelling raids from the Children of Thunder, the mutants decided to leave their camp. Now, they are living off the land, trying to build a reputation as dangerous enough to be left alone...

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #1032 on: January 15, 2024, 09:25:24 PM »
It is never too late to hear Happy Holidays and a Hapy New Year from friends no matter where they are.

Those minis look great! and the background story is great as well. Most times I have a hard time making my background stories short and yet enticing. My problem is I know, is I want to cram so much information in that I lose the story. Again, great job!
Just remember "If the Enemy is in range, so are YOU!

http://silo1313.blogspot.com/

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #1033 on: January 16, 2024, 07:01:05 AM »
It is never too late to hear Happy Holidays and a Hapy New Year from friends no matter where they are.

Those minis look great! and the background story is great as well. Most times I have a hard time making my background stories short and yet enticing. My problem is I know, is I want to cram so much information in that I lose the story. Again, great job!

Thank you for your kind words, Doug!

What if I told you that I have a short story for every single mutant?

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
Re: [15mm] Ockman's Sci-fi, update 240116: Mutant Boomers
« Reply #1034 on: January 16, 2024, 07:41:01 PM »
Filler