Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:44:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686614
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 762
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: This Is Not A Test Koyote  (Read 68058 times)

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Re: This Is Not A Test Koyote
« Reply #270 on: January 07, 2020, 04:08:00 PM »
These are splendid. Particularly like the Br.Vinni figure. The repairs are expertly done - quite invisible  :)

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #271 on: January 08, 2020, 07:12:21 PM »
Thanks. That’s fantastic news. I’ve been waiting a long while for this book to come out. Interrupted Ritual is my submission to the scenario contest. It’s fun seeing it in print.

Someone on the TNT Facebook page really enjoyed my scenario.  This totally made my day.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 07:25:41 PM by Koyote »

Offline Deathwing

• Mad Scientist
    • World's End Publishing
« Reply #272 on: January 10, 2020, 03:34:37 AM »
Amazing work as always Koyote. Keep the fires of the apocalypse burning.

Joey
Joseph McGuire, President/Janitor at World’s End Publishing; producer of the upcoming post-apocalypse skirmish warband game This Is Not a Test.

https://www.facebook.com/TNTGame

http://worldsendpublishing.com/

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #273 on: January 10, 2020, 04:40:53 PM »
It wouldn't be a Peacekeepers warband without at least one Line Breaker.  And since I don't want Sid to be lonely, I'm going to add another K-9 as well.

The Line Breaker is a TNT (World's End Publishing) mini, with a female head made by Statuesque Miniatures, and some GS work to complete the gender reassignment.  The K-9 is also a TNT mini.

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
« Reply #274 on: January 10, 2020, 04:56:23 PM »
Love all the new additions, and congrats on the scenario!

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #275 on: January 18, 2020, 05:28:57 AM »
Two more Peacekeepers, ready for the display case.

Tortuga (Linebreaker) and Nancy (K-9)

« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 06:44:10 PM by Koyote »

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #276 on: January 18, 2020, 06:39:05 PM »
I have no immediate plans for the TNT Vendo Bot model, but it's such a fun model I had to buy it. 

It's a bit too large for the 25mm Micro Arts Studio Highway base that I normally use for my post-apoc minis, so I ordered some 32mm Highway bases.  While I wait for the new bases to arrive, I started work on two Peacekeepr minis that showed up with my Vendo Bot as freebies (huge thanks Joey M).  The Peacekeeper models are both from TNT's (relatively) new Peacekeepers Pack 2 set.

The model on the left is wearing chap-like leg coverings like those worn by Officer Smith.  The chap's detail isn't great because of a defect in the casting, so I carved away the straps and used greenstuff to sculpt simple trousers.  I also removed the commando style sheathed knife on the model's left shoulder.  It got in the way of the head and made that part of the model too busy. Sometimes simple is better.

The model has a very dynamic, striding pose that just exudes attitude.  The head that comes with this model doesn't do the rest of the model justice, so I replaced it with a resin head from the Forgeworld Necromunda Escher Head Upgrade set.  It's difficult to make out in the photo, but she has a cigarette sticking out of the side of her mouth.  Now the mini looks like a total bad ass.  The model is armed with a scoped rifle, so she will serve as an Peacekeepr Outrider.

The second model is great as-is, so my only addition was a small plastic canteen. 

« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 09:52:25 PM by Koyote »

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
« Reply #277 on: January 18, 2020, 08:24:45 PM »
Nice conversion.
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #278 on: January 20, 2020, 07:44:00 AM »
I finally got around to finishing this post-apoc fisherman model.  I used in our Springtime in the Wasteland campaign as part of my fishermen themed Settlers warband.  It's another model from Lead Adventure's From the Contaminated Seas model line. 

In our campaign he was armed with a speargun and net.  I had two models armed this way, not because either weapons was especially effective, but because I wanted to use particular models and these weapons most closely matched what they models were carrying.

The boat hook symbolizes the spear portion of the speargun, but how did I get from life ring to net, you ask?  Simple.  Seventies cartoons.  In Go Away Ghost Ship, Scooby-Doo and the gang use some old tires to capture Redbeard's "ghost" crew.  They could have just as easily used life rings, and in my opinion, since it was a nautically themed episode, visually, life rings would have been the better choice. ;)

Offline Ajax

• Scientist
« Reply #279 on: January 20, 2020, 04:23:48 PM »
Fantastic work.
Nancy and Tortuga are very cool !

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #280 on: January 21, 2020, 03:50:36 AM »
Very crisp and clean painting plus a Scooby-Doo reference.  Who could ask for more?  lol
2024: B: 0; P: 148; 2023: B:77; P:37;

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #281 on: January 21, 2020, 04:15:09 PM »
Lovely mini, that's a nice reference!

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #282 on: January 23, 2020, 07:32:02 PM »
These are the last two Peacekeepers.

Sergeant Escobar (Warden) and Max (Outrider)

'Don't call me Maxine. My name is Max!'

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #283 on: January 23, 2020, 09:09:19 PM »
Such an epic thread!  Respect for the amazing talent and vision presented here, especially your mariner warband and mad roboticist. Genius work!
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #284 on: July 13, 2020, 05:17:29 PM »
I've been thinking about what games I want to play when things return to normal, and TNT is near the top of my list. As such, I've been working on my Wasteland Encounter creatures of the wasteland painting projects.

The the grit of the basing material that I used to base my rad dogs, mutant ticks, and rad bear was not fine enough. It made the bases' surface is a bit too rough and it doesn't match the texture of the bases I use for my warbands (see page 15 of this thread).  I realized this after painting the first few rad dogs, but rather than correct the problem then and there, I let it go.  In the grand scheme of things it's an insignificant detail that bothers nobody in the world but me.  Nevertheless, it bugs me every time I look at the models, so I finally fixed it. 

I removed all 18 models from their bases and put them on new bases. The removal, painting, and touch up work was quite a chore. While removing the rad bear from its base, I dropped the model and damaged the model's paint, so I stripped the entire model and started from scratch. This wasn't  entirely a bad thing, as it gave me the opportunity to remove the model's integrated base and in doing so I was able to make for it a better base.  It is now posed on a pile of debri that I made from bits found on Green Stuff World's resin Dump Yard Plate and a metal gear from Green Stuff World's gears and cog set.

One of the creatures on TNT's Nuisance Creatures table is the Wild Mutant. I used CP Model's mutated zombie minis to make my first three Wild Mutants.  The mins with the big bellies aren't mutated enough for my liking, so is used GW Chaos bits and greenstuff to give them more obvious mutations.  Wild Mutants aren't zombies, so I painted their skin using my normal recipe for flesh.  I  didn't patch the open wounds.  I figure life in wasteland is very harsh for these feral, half-mad creatures, so open wounds and sores are inevitable.

While we are on the topic of non-zombie zombies, I've struggled to find models that match my vision for rad zombies. Unlike traditional zombies, rad zombies are not reanimated corpses, but rather victims of some bizarre (and implausible) form of radiation sickness, combined perhaps with effects of a pre-Fall bio weapon or disease. They do shamble along and rot a bit overtime, but they aren't the gooey, rotting corpses found in most horror and fantasy miniature lines.  Lead Adventure's Atomic Zombie's are pretty good, but they a still a bit too gooey for me. 

What I settled on are Pig Iron Productions' Infected minis.  These models are dressed in tattered clothing, slightly emaciated, and don't have any guts spilling out of them.  They look like the creatures from the 2007 remake of I am Legend. 

The feature that really sold me on these minis is their baldness.  It is generally known that exposure to large doses of radiation will typically cause hair loss (sometimes permanently), so in my mind, if Rad Zombies are victims of a permanent radiation sickness, they should be bald.

Other TNT critters I am working on include some Gnash Worms, a Greater Mutant Scorpion, and a Mutant Horror.

The worms and the scorpion are made by Heresy Miniatures.  The Mutant Horror is a "Terror Turkey" made by Bears Head Miniatures

One of the things that really sold me on this miniature is its name -Terror Turkey.  The idea of a giant, mutant turkey that has turned the (dinner) table on mankind is too good to not include in my post-apoc world.  The original version of the model (see below) has an extended tail that ends in a fan of feathers.  I suspect that what the artist was going for was a Cenozoic era Terror Bird with the tail of a Mesozoic microraptor.  Neither the model's head or tail reminds me of a wild turkey, so to make it a bit more turkey-like in appearance, I cut off the tail and attached the fan of feathers directly to the model's rear.

Original "Terror Turkey":