Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:17:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689610
  • Total Topics: 118286
  • Online Today: 662
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Trail of clues - The hidden Perilium ammunition  (Read 8075 times)

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
Trail of clues - The hidden Perilium ammunition
« on: November 29, 2013, 01:34:48 PM »
I played a game of Pulp Alley yesterday with a friend. It was his first game, so decided to play a simple but fun scenario. I went for Trail of Clues. Here are shots of the table I built:

We rolled for the plot points and stuff and got the following:

1. Secondary Engineer
2. Miniature Device
3. Hidden Munitions
4. Bloodstained Orders
5. Damaged Vent

The lead was the "Eccentric Millionaire" because of "Fortune". My friend picked the Secondary Engineer as first plot point and I went for the Damaged Vent. So what's the story:

"Famous Archeologist Dr. Jones received a call from an old college friend, Maximilian Wilder. The man was a successful business man and had become an established arms dealer. Logically, Indy was quite puzzled why the man called him. Apparently, Wilder had heard his competitors had found a mysterious meteorite deep in the Red Sea. They had unearthed it and after many months found a way to implement shards of the stone into ammunition. Test results proved the results were remarkable and the munitions could be used as terrible weapons of mass destruction. This in turn attracted the attention of the nefarious group of G13. They wanted the munitions for their plans to conquer the world and sent a small team of elite thieves. The operatives stole the cache of munitions, and quickly raced towards the G13 meeting point. Although they thought they were safe, they had been followed by counter-thieves of IRES. The G13 agents quickly hid the munitions in an Egyptian village and fled for the hills. This proved unsuccessful as they were killed by an IRES ambush. Now the munitions cache is lost...
Wilder wants it for his own ends and of course hasn't informed Indy well about the purpose of the search. In return he promised to fund Dr. Jones' next expedition. The rugged archeologist was surprised by the offer and couldn't resist. His old friend told him they could contact an old engineer in the village in Egypt. The man had worked for the project in the past and knew more about its details and how one could locate it.
At the same time the Originali were also about to enter the fray. They had observed the clash between IRES and G13 and had gathered information on the munitions. Like the rest they were more than interested to obtain this powerful weapon. One of their agents had taken a series of photographs of the clash between the rivalling societies and had stashed them inside a damaged vent in the village. Now a group of Originali is en route to the village to find the cache of munitions.

The trail of clues unfolds...who will locate the munitions first?"

The Americans had the initiative! One of the Originali sneaked around the flank. His path went through a nest of Scorpions. Seeing the peril in time, he dodged aside from danger. This placed him in the open and the American Follower saw his chance to impress Dr. Jones. He unstrapped his bolt action rifle and targeted Chuma, but the Arab was faster. The throwing knife hit true and Billy went out! First blood goes to the Originali. The gruff adventurer McAllister cursed in anger and went for cover to take the opposing agent down. Chuma tried to dodge the shots, but he wasn't fast enough and went down.

The other Originali rushed into town: the big muscular Ally Fatih and the sneaky sidekick Asim sliding into cover behind a truck, while the crafty follower Makalani kept back behind the crates.

The Americans responded by sending in Billy. The wild kid went behind a stack of crates and unloaded his pistols on Fatih. Although it was impossible for the big guy to evade the shots, he shook off the damage and was fine.
Indy's colleague Prof. Durban went forwards and tried to scale the village walls to get to the engineer. Unfortunately for him, his age got the best of him  and hell down on the ground. Ouch! Okay, then Indy had to do it. The leader scaled the wall and went straight for the Engineer. It turned out the man was a sneaky bastard and demanded money for the informatiom. But the clever Indy easily swayed the man (maybe it was the bull whip?). The Engineer told him he had hidden a small device nearby. The device was actually a mechanical locator and it would lead Indy to the cache. Perfect!

The Desert Cobra finally ran into town and stayed in cover with both pistols drawn. His sidekick Asim ran through town, jumped over an agitated cobra and ended up next to the building with the damaged vent. On the other side of town, Brandon opened fire again on Fatih and this time his shots hit the mark. Fatih went down bleeding! Brandon was getting warmed up and for a short while wouldn't be affected by combat fatigue...

Although Brandon was in the zone, the Desert Cobra decided to get into action. He jumped for the next piece of cover and the two men fought a deadly duel. Four pistols roared and in the end Brandon was wounded by the sinister Arab.

Asim scaled the wall to the damaged vent and checked it for the photos. His dextruous fingers easily unlocked the grate and he found the photos. He scanned them quickly for hints and saw the G13 agents went down to the west of town in a nest of scorpions. Wait! That was close to Chuma! Asim signaled to Chuma to look out for signs of struggle near him.
The ally Khafra also ran into town through the winding streets to close in on the miniature device. But he was quickly countered by the hardened captain Feist...the captain unloaded his pistol on the Arab from cover and in the firefight Khafra went down.

By now the Egyptian follower had managed to climb buildings and jump to the centre building next to Asim.
The professor had regained consciousness and once again tried to scale the wall. This time he decided to climb the house itself. Climbing up he saw he faced off against two Originali! He fumbled for his revolver, but the crafty follower was faster. He hurled a sharp rock at the old man and managed to hit him on the temple. The prof went down again!

Fortunately for the Americans the damage was superficial and he quickly stood up again, only to be rushed by Asim. The evil henchman raised his curved dagger, but didn't manage to take the professor down.

In the west Chuma was on the lookout for the G13 agents and his eye fell on several half-buried corpses. He rushed to them to look for the next clue, but was assailed by scorpions again! He easily dodged their attention and landed next to a leather bag. Checking the bag, he found the orders for G13. It was clear they were close to completing their mission and they were only just stopped by IRES. On the last page he saw a quickly scribbled note that the agents had hidden the munitions cache in the oasis. Of course! That was perfect to hide the powerful gear! Whistling, he got the attention of his partners and he quickly communicated the location.

Time was running out, so the leagues had to hurry! Indy showed his true strength by rushing Khafra. After some quick jabs and punches the Egyptian agent was knocked out and Indy was close to the final objective!

In the middle the firefight between Brandon and the Desert Cobra continued and this time both of them were injured. The Desert Cobra knew he had to end this fast to get to the cache!

Seeing a golden oppertunity to steal away an interesting clue, the adventurer McAllister had a plan. He finally got a good shot at the annoying Chuma and this time he took the Arab out. Now the clue would be his!

While Khafra lost consciousness, the Desert Cobra jumped up the building and was getting close to the cache of munitions. Finally, the two leaders got sight of each other and time almost seemed to slow. Both of them wanted to take the other down, but how to get an edge in the upcoming fight?
Suddenly captain Feist ran by Indy and he rushed to the edge of the oasis. Throwing his coat aside he prepared to dive into the water.

Indy was distracted by the nearby Cobra...snakes...why do it have to be snakes??? This gave the Desert Cobra the time he needed: he jumped down and landed with his feet in the oasis. He fired both pistols on the nearby captain, but the able seaman dove under water and dodged away. Indy took out his machete and charged the enemy. The Desert Cobra unsheathed his scimitar and at the edge of the oasis a deadly swordfight ensued. Both managed to land several blows, but the Desert Cobra managed to land an uppercut which was so sneaky, that Indy was momentarily stunned.

The fight between Asim and Prof. Durban continued...Asim couldn't get a good hit with his dagger and the Professor couldn't get away from the sneaky sidekick. Makalani decided to help Asim, jumped over the street and joined the fight. The Professor was overwhelmed and went down.

Dr. Jones and the Desert Cobra continued their fight. They hacked, slashed, parried and thrusted and both managed to wound the other.

The kid Brandon had jogged through town and now saw a chance to help out Indy. Rushing in with his fists he went all out. Although the Desert Cobra's sword cut him deeply, he pummeled the Arab hard. The evil leader was almost down!

In the west the adventurer had moved to the body of Chuma and carefully retrieved the bloodstained orders before the scorpions moved in. In town the clash between Asim and Durban continued without a clear victor. Finally, sneaky Makalina had moved to the Miniature Device. Although it had no value anymore for the encounter, the merchant thought he could sell it for a good price in Cairo. Unfortunately, the device was locked inside a box and Makalina couldn't get it open. Cursing loud he continued to fumble with the lock, without success.

Back to the objective! Indy parried a wild thrust from the Desert Cobra, twisted the blade to unbalance his opponent. With a roar he launched an upper cut which hit the Desert Cobra so hard, the man fell back and landed face down in the water. The leader was out! Bubbles rose to the surface and seconds later good old captain Feist rose with the cache of munitions! Indy and his colleagues and friends quickly departed with the cache, winning the day!

What a great game. We had loads of fun and the scenario developed in a cool way, making it feel like a cool pulp movie. I hope to play again soon!
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline pauld

• Scientist
  • Being disintegrated makes me very angry!
Re: Trail of clues - The hidden Perilium ammunition
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 01:59:40 PM »
My oh my, what wonderful toys you have  :-*

A great report of what looked like a very fun game

No dear, they are not toys, they are models

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 02:45:33 PM »
I really enjoyed reading that. Great story, great game and some very nice scenery and miniatures as well.

Indy and his colleagues and friends quickly departed with the cache, winning the day!

I imagined the music and end credits from the film starting as I read that!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mgf93vO1bM

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 03:11:58 PM »
Cracking looking game and the wound markers look very pulpy, where are they from?
'So do all who see such times. But that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that we are given.'

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 07:28:02 PM »
Cheers guys! Much appreciated.

@joroas: http://www.litko.net/products/Blood-Splatter-Tokens-%28Set-of-10%29.html#.UpjqhcQ3sns

And now with 20% off because of Black Friday :)

Offline marianas_gamer

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Our Man on Guam Watchman in the East
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2013, 12:28:20 AM »
Great AAR! Would love to have played in this game.
LB
Got to kick at the darkness till it bleeds daylight.

Offline Wolf Girl

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2013, 04:08:15 AM »
Great AAR! Would love to have played in this game.
LB

Me too! I don't know why he didn't invite us over to play?!  ;D lol

Awesome pics and battle report. Were you using the blue tokens to mark the guys that had activated already or were you marking how many fights they had?

Mila Phipps, Pulp Girl
mila@pulpalley.com

Offline blacksoilbill

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2013, 04:53:29 AM »
Great table you've got there. Some tables look like a lot of elements that don't really belong together. But everything fits together really nicely here. Thanks for the photos.

Bill.

Offline Melnibonean

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Boiled Beans
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2013, 12:04:27 PM »
Very nice terrain you have there. I like you blood splatters too.
Below is a link to my blog. It's the place where I write uninteresting things about little toy soldiers. I do this because I refuse to grow up and behave like an adult.

http://this28mmlife.blogspot.com.au/

Offline Traveler Man

• Mastermind
    • The Hetzenberg Chronicles
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2013, 04:29:38 PM »
Great stuff!  :-* I like the tokens, too.
"It's amusing, it's amazing, and it's never twice the same: It's the salt of true adventure, and the glamour of the game."

Talbot Mundy, The Ivory Trail.

http://ajstable.blogspot.com
http://hetzenberg.blogspot.com

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2013, 11:20:30 PM »
Awesome terrain and figures! I really enjoyed the story.  :-*

THANKS for sharing!

Offline aggro84

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Noble Pursuits
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2013, 03:36:05 AM »
Very cool! I love the minis and terrain!
 :-*

Prof. Dinglebat. Phd.

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2013, 10:25:58 AM »
Pulp tabletop at it's finest  ;)

Offline Raz

• Scientist
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2013, 02:11:21 PM »
Great write-up. It was an awesome game and the finale was really movielike! 8) Pulp Alley is a nice set of rules and makes for a fast paced game with lots of attention for the story played out :)

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2013, 08:11:32 AM »
Great write-up. It was an awesome game and the finale was really movielike! 8) Pulp Alley is a nice set of rules and makes for a fast paced game with lots of attention for the story played out :)

Thanks, Raz. I'm glad you guys enjoyed playing Pulp Alley!  :D