Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 11:29:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1693940
  • Total Topics: 118572
  • Online Today: 835
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread  (Read 1729969 times)

Offline Kings Curse

• Assistant
Re: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread
« Reply #2895 on: April 21, 2015, 04:19:09 PM »
Rumour is that the game will be a limited release and the figures will be available separately afterwards.  The magazine cover shown by FunkyBrush says that stats for 40k are inside.

And the enemies appear to be repackaged Chaos Marine models, which feels a bit uninspired. Had it come with original sculpts I might have considered getting it, but now it's a pass for me.

Offline Modhail

• Mastermind
    • http://modhails-meanderings.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2896 on: April 22, 2015, 07:30:49 AM »
I was interested in this game (but fearing the price), mainly because of the opportunity to get a full set of the various assassins. Seeing the pic, I'm suddenly more interested in the board pieces and extra cultists... (and still fearing the price). Integrated terrain/architecture, especially to such an egregious extent as these is very off putting to me. :-[

Offline Engel

• Mastermind
« Reply #2897 on: April 22, 2015, 01:11:35 PM »

New Eldar codex incomming.
http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2015/04/eldar-rules-confirmed-at-last.html

I think this sums it up rather good.  lol

Offline Vermis

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mini Sculpture
« Reply #2898 on: April 22, 2015, 02:56:02 PM »
I think this sums it up rather good.  lol

I don't know if it's improved by understanding... Er... Spanish? But after the 1:30 mark it doesn't matter. :D

I see the BOLS points are almost, if not completely, about listbuilding. I shouldn't be surprised but it's still a bit depressing.
From the rumblings on Dakka, this new codex makes people nostalgic for the days of Mat Ward. Next drop in GW sales in three... two... one....
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 03:02:02 PM by Vermis »

Offline weismonsters

• Scientist
« Reply #2899 on: April 22, 2015, 10:28:32 PM »
The one on the right looks like the original archetype, Camaru the assasin, perhaps about to take on the rebellious Lord of Okku. Just replace the oversize weapons with some digital needlers and stuff and she more or less fits the bill I suppose.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #2900 on: April 23, 2015, 12:10:55 AM »
I showed some of my friends the assassins image and this was part of the conversation that followed:

Mark: I'm imagining that skull dude doing parkour everywhere with a haunted quarter pipe following him
Lyndon: Did you bring your skaaaateboaaaaaaard?

lol

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline Vladimir Raukov

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2901 on: April 23, 2015, 01:46:08 PM »
Did the eldar really need a new codex? The old one had a pretty sweet cover (which was as close as I ever got to it, being a dirty fantasy peasant and all) and it came out recently, or do they just need a new one because the harlies are getting one for four or so units?

Offline Gibby

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2902 on: April 23, 2015, 10:18:48 PM »
well more evidence that GW is switching into computer gaming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=225&v=7i4d3ignBNQ

nice clip regardless of the game which has about a 50/50% of being good and 100% chance of being excellent once the modders fix it.

Cool trailer! I dunno about "switching" into computer gaming but they are certainly way more liberal with the license now. They seem to care little for the integrity of their own settings with their newer stuff, so they are obviously less bothered about others messing with it. Still, this could be fun. I'm hoping it's all set pre-End Times-nonsense.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 10:22:24 PM by Gibby »

Offline Vladimir Raukov

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2903 on: April 24, 2015, 01:16:52 AM »
Cool trailer! I dunno about "switching" into computer gaming but they are certainly way more liberal with the license now. They seem to care little for the integrity of their own settings with their newer stuff, so they are obviously less bothered about others messing with it. Still, this could be fun. I'm hoping it's all set pre-End Times-nonsense.

Hey, if they include lizardmen, I'll take eight!

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #2904 on: April 24, 2015, 07:49:42 AM »
Also handing it over to a company who make historical games and at least somewhat try at historical accuracy in those might be a good idea, since that kind of practice translates well into faithfully representing a existing setting.
Considering how accurate many of the characters in that trailer are to actual models. I mean karl Franz has his beaky helmet with over the top plumage, and deathclaw has that elaborate breastplate thing. I'm digging it. As far as I can see they are sticking more the the part of the world many of us actually like and less to the "we need another monster for this 3 options in one box" world of today.

So what I am saying in short is that I am thoroughly setting myself up to be disappointed.
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline Tactalvanic

• Mastermind
« Reply #2905 on: April 24, 2015, 08:31:52 AM »
Did the eldar really need a new codex? The old one had a pretty sweet cover (which was as close as I ever got to it, being a dirty fantasy peasant and all) and it came out recently, or do they just need a new one because the harlies are getting one for four or so units?

What are you saying - it was at least last calender year? ancient and out of date in GW years..

Noo I cannot completely agree... ::) they have not cared about their own (settings) integrity for a very long time... However protecting it from others, respecting it or not, oh that will always be there..

Still might be fun once released, patched and modded etc.

So what I am saying in short is that I am thoroughly setting myself up to be disappointed.

+1 for that. all the way, but see previous as Scurv already mentioned

well more evidence that GW is switching into computer gaming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=225&v=7i4d3ignBNQ

nice clip regardless of the game which has about a 50/50% of being good and 100% chance of being excellent once the modders fix it.

Same as most of the total war series really, get better after the fans get to work on them.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2906 on: April 24, 2015, 08:54:50 AM »
Well I'll get it when the price comes down a bit. Mass battles of total war are always fun. I just hope they have both single and multiplayer options.

Offline Knightofspades

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2907 on: April 25, 2015, 11:19:09 AM »
I don't know if it's improved by understanding... Er... Spanish? But after the 1:30 mark it doesn't matter. :D

Try toggeling the sub texts. Its hillarious.

Offline Momotaro

• Mastermind
« Reply #2908 on: April 25, 2015, 11:52:50 AM »
Try toggeling the sub texts. Its hillarious.

That's brilliant  :D ;D

Offline Vermis

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mini Sculpture
« Reply #2909 on: April 25, 2015, 01:37:41 PM »
Ooooh...

lol