Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:13:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690844
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Mali-friends and Mali-foes  (Read 2893 times)

Offline Vladimir Raukov

• Mad Scientist
Mali-friends and Mali-foes
« on: September 03, 2023, 05:05:37 AM »
So, it occurs to me that I have quite a bit of Malifaux these days. Might as well show some of it off!

This is my 1e dreamer crew. First bit of not-warhammer I ever saw. I'd like to think I've improved since then, but it's still pretty neat.

[/url]

A local game store was having a sale a couple of years ago, including some 2e bokor. Why not?

Sure, I might not NEED six bokor at once, but I have one for Christmas, Halloween (pulling double duties for birthdays since that's my Dad's birthday) and Easter, so I'm sorted for several events.

Know what's better than gremlins? More gremlins! I just like Ophelia's little family (and the fact that her guns go brr).

They look better in person, but taking a decent shot of Perdita's entire family is beyond me, what with my usual photo spot overtaken by moisture.

Now, for my newest malifaux fellows: the Oxfordian Mages.

I didn't mean to go RGB for the colour scheme, I just wanted to have one representing fire, poison and ice...wind's a bit hard to paint.

A semi-local game store has some older 2e boxes with 3e cards, so I decided 'why not?'

Overall, I'm pretty happy with how they turned out, on their Infinity bases. I'm not a super huge fan of the concave bases Malifaux minis typically come with, but it's not usually too hard to find ways around them.

Offline AndrewBeasley

• Mastermind
Re: Mali-friends and Mali-foes
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2023, 11:29:10 PM »
The only way I represented wind elementals was to use white fading down to grey - not the greatest of colours but worked for me :)

Offline Vladimir Raukov

• Mad Scientist
Re: Mali-friends and Mali-foes
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2023, 04:23:08 AM »
The only way I represented wind elementals was to use white fading down to grey - not the greatest of colours but worked for me :)

An interesting idea. I'll have to keep that in mind if I ever get around to doing windy folks.

Speaking of folks who are probably a little windy...

I wonder who this could be?

It's Burt Jebsen! Owner of the highest number of guns per trigger in the Bayou...as far as I know.

Does he have a mullet, or a hat? The world may never know...

Dang that's a lot of gun.

Love him or hate him, you have to admit he loves his job.

The model's Burt Jebsen, from Wyrd. Saw him at the moab bring and buy this year and how could I not, honestly? I had to add a little green stuff to help stabilize the mini while the glue dried, so hopefully that pile of...dirt* isn't too distracting.

*it might actually be poo