Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 09:19:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1694051
  • Total Topics: 118578
  • Online Today: 645
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Masters of The Universe Battleground. (Some scenery, page4)  (Read 8130 times)

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
Re: Masters of The Universe Battleground. (the great Rebellion, Page 3)
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2024, 08:16:16 PM »
Brillant!  :o

Offline The Voivod

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2024, 10:02:27 PM »
Thank you.

Bo. As a kid I always thought the hearth on his chest was a bit much. I didn't know the word, but I understood that as He-Man had a "token woman" in Teela, She-ra, as a "girl" cartoon had a token guy. And he was fine mostly. The hearth just gave me my little pony vibes. A swachbuckling sharpshooter, what's not to like. Well, I'm not sure what happened, but the eyes on the sculpt are absolutely bulging. Far more that any model I have ever seen and it makes him look like he just trusted a fart more than he should....
Pity I really like how his pants ended up. Just glad the cape covers up any possible mishaps.
I do feel like I'm getting the hang of NMM. He was fun. A shame the eyes are beyond my skills to fix.

That just leaves the Princess Of Power, herself, including the version with her stalward steed. I'm making progress on her and enjoying it so far. Not sure how much Time I will be getting this week
« Last Edit: April 16, 2024, 10:04:00 PM by The Voivod »
'Mercy? I am far to brave to grant you mercy.'

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2024, 09:03:03 AM »
I had the same thoughts about this guy back in the day. Even back then I recognized the archetypes they put into every cartoon (hero/leader, trusty second, dimwit tank, scrawny brainiac, little creature/comic relief), but I ate it up like a good consumer of course ::)

You did a good job on him; sculpting messes can sometimes be camouflaged with painting, but some are just too extreme. I'm curious to see for myself in the flesh/plastic tonight. And you're absolutely rocking that NMM these days!

...Not sure how much Time I will be getting this week

Not tonight, at any rate, oh mister DM...  :D
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline The Voivod

• Mad Scientist
For the honour of Grayskull!!
She-Ra was a but daunting, but I am so happy with how she worked out. I'm getting the hang of painting white, which I always dreaded, and she's a combination of white, yellow, and NMM. something I used to think would be hell to paint. I also needed to differentiate between the gold of her tiara and her goldenblond hair. I usually take a lightbrown as base for blond hair, but decided to go for a slightly less realistic, strawberry blond. It's a cartoon after all. I don't even think it turned out so unrealistic.
I feel like I become more happy with my NMM with every new project I paint.

Swiftwind was mostly great, once I got over the initial dread of all that white and having to paint another She-Ra. I painted both versions of her at the same time, as well as any colours that where repeated on her stalward steed. The bright colours where fun. Colours I am unlikely to use often and I love how the pop. I did take steps to try and get them not clash to much, meaning I highlighted them all with ice-yellow and trtied to get some red in al the shades (even if mostly mixed with some blue.)
It's an absolute eye-catcher of a model, I think.

The great rebellion is done. Ready to take on Hordak and his evil minions.
When they are done cowering, safely in the box they arrived in at least....

Offline dickiegranthum

• Bookworm
Re: Masters of The Universe Battleground. (She-Ra and Swiftwind, page3)
« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2024, 04:40:39 PM »
Awesome collection and work on those!

I wanted to get this game, but it’s almost impossible to find in Canada.

Offline The Voivod

• Mad Scientist
Re: Masters of The Universe Battleground. (She-Ra and Swiftwind, page3)
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2024, 05:05:49 PM »
Thanks,

Archon did not have the license to sell the game abroad from europe, but that's gonna change soon.
They will have a crowdfunder on gamefound any day now for 2 new faction boxes.
This was part of the new deal and from than on, other countries will be able to get the game no problem.

I'm not sure if I'm gonna jump aboard. I like the Snake-men and Kobra-Khan was one of the figures I used to have, but the preternian heroes do not interes me at all.
Still, if the deal is good enough, I might bite.

https://gamefound.com/en/projects/archon-studio/masters-of-the-universe-battleground

Archon's production is top notch. I really dig a lot of the stuff they are doing. I allready backed, and received, their Heroes of Might an Magic 3 boardgame and am really interested where they will be going with the new laser-painted scenery is going. They certainly seem a company to watch.

Offline The Voivod

• Mad Scientist
Re: Masters of The Universe Battleground. (She-Ra and Swiftwind, page4)
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2024, 09:55:19 AM »
Not the most exiting update, but I do like how it turned out.
I have some scenery for the game painted up. This wasn't something I was particulary looking forward to, but it ended up a nice relaxed paintjob. I really like how the colours on the magickal forrest pop and the cursed woods look nice and gloomy.
These are, offcourse, the pieces found in the great rebellion and Hordaks' Horde boxes, respectively