Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:02:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690833
  • Total Topics: 118354
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Whiskey Hills get busy!  (Read 1149 times)

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
Whiskey Hills get busy!
« on: May 23, 2017, 04:26:29 AM »
Or my blog gets a bunch of photos posted showing progress on figures - just a start though, which, once you see what is already done, will cause some to question my sanity.  But, hey, aren't grown men playing miniatures a bit nuts?  If so, I'm not seeking a cure.  Sorry, I don't use a photo hosting service so you'll have to visit the blog (unless some kind sole reposts a tempting photo here.  Almost two dozen photos so be warned, here's the link:

http://whiskeyhills.blogspot.com

As always, you should be able to click a photo to make it bigger or to just troll through the photos.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 04:28:45 AM by FifteensAway »

Offline Sunjester

• Mastermind
Re: Whiskey Hills get busy!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 06:38:39 AM »
Impressive! I can't wait to see that all painted. The final game is going to look amazing, will you have a week in which to play it? ;)

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 07:18:36 AM »
Stunning pictures, what a collection!   :o   :-*

Posted one of your photos here for you.

Offline guitarheroandy

• Mad Scientist
    • Andy's Wargaming Blog
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 07:34:17 AM »
Good grief!! What a collection!! If you get it all painted it will be an even more impressive sight. I'd love to see that game should it come to fruition.

Offline Harry Faversham

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 09:13:42 AM »
Who makes the figures?

???
"Wot did you do in the war Grandad?"

"I was with Harry... At The Bridge!"

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2017, 01:41:56 PM »
Thanks, Mad Lord, for posting the photo - a fine soul, indeed, as opposed to a fine sole!

Figures are from across the spectrum - Minifigs, Peter Pig, Hovels, a few Irregular here and there, some Blue Moon, Freikorps Yellow Ribbon range.  And probably others I don't recall, collected over a long time and not all of those manufacturers in the pictures.  The buffalo include some plastics, the pronghorn from Irregular (part of a special request I made some years back). 

The full game is intended for a multi-game master convention game and would be an all day game with the ability for some players to float in as others float out.  Much more than just a plains indian wars game - trains, wagon trains, at least one river boat, banks, longhorns, stagecoaches, mines, three different towns, hundreds of unarmed civilians to populate the towns.  Should be pretty cool.

To me, a town exists to house people and thus a town needs a lot of folks in it.

I borrow from history, fiction, and Hollywood for inspiration.  The real, huge challenge is to get it all painted - and no way can I do the masterful paint jobs some here do, not and expect to paint it in my lifetime.  But I do intend to paint the whole thing and build the towns (one scratch build, the others with ready made buildings - the desert southwest town and the out on the prairie town, the 'metropolis' on the river will mostly be scratch built.

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2017, 06:20:47 AM »
A question - 72 horse pony herd, 36 horse cavalry remount herd.  72 standing horses and 36 'flying' horses (trot or galloping poses).  Should I keep the 'flying' horses for the cavalry or the native pony herd?  Thoughts on which way to go and why?

Thanks.