Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:07:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690887
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Rackham reversible tiles  (Read 1301 times)

Offline Harry von Fleischmann

• Scientist
Rackham reversible tiles
« on: June 09, 2017, 09:40:50 PM »
You may have seen these gorgeously coloured and tiles. They came in sets A-D; I have managed to find sets c@d. My question is whether they all join up. Some do, some don't and I was wondering if there was a key anywhere which set it out.

Cheers!

Offline PhilB

• Scientist
    • A Dragontooth Grognard
Re: Rackham reversible tiles
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2017, 09:17:39 AM »
I have several sets and it seemed to me that they mostly do match up. Any mismatching can be solved by a little creating fudging. IIRC, in each set you have one tile that is meant to be cut apart to make tokens for furniture, ladders, corpses, stairs and such. Seems like there were also a few tiles meant to be cut into building sizes, rather than used as-is.

I'd have to drag those sets out again, don't use them much now that I have dwarven forge terrain. But I bet others here can confirm that those Rackham terrain tiles are quite well done and very useful.

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 10:37:00 AM »
Hi Phil
Yes, they are indeed gorgeous and very useful. I'm really just curious if they all join up into one large map; I have identified three blocs - a sort of city wall, the canal area and some houses that do fit exactly (though annoyingly there is a gap in the latter.

The inserts sheets are nice too - C has some towers interiors which remind me of the Tower of Zenopus in Basic D&D.

When I play on them I usually have figures inside buildings roll to make progress - so if the rogue dives into the mansion and the watch take the long way around, there's a chance he'll cut ahead of them but also that he'll blunder out into them....

Online DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2017, 11:39:18 AM »
They were gorgeous, those stes, and I really regret not having bought them all. Biggest issue afaik was that they seemed pretty small for those rackham 35(?)mm minis.

But regarding your question: our group had several of those and as far as I remember they did indeed join up.

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2017, 01:12:27 PM »
Aha! So the hunt is on for A & B! I'd used the tile numbers in the top left and the shadows to orient them. In general they do bodge together but there are a few key bits that point to the bits where they link up.

I've not used them for Rackham; they were great for GW LOTR figures and WOTC D&D plastics (Sahaguin emerging from the canals).

Offline FionaWhite

• Mad Scientist
  • The Fox Fantastic
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2017, 05:45:40 PM »
Aha! So the hunt is on for A & B! I'd used the tile numbers in the top left and the shadows to orient them. In general they do bodge together but there are a few key bits that point to the bits where they link up.

I've not used them for Rackham; they were great for GW LOTR figures and WOTC D&D plastics (Sahaguin emerging from the canals).

I'm fairly certain I've got a set each of A to D stored somewhere, can have a look if you've not found them yet.

I really have no idea what I'm doing.

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2017, 09:38:55 PM »
They seem very (ok very very) elusive on eBay - C was sourced from Italy. If you do have A and or B and are willing to sell please let me know!