Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:15:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690716
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 839
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Sigur in Space! - Update: Revenge of the Blood Angels!  (Read 89012 times)

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
Re: Sigur in Space! - Infinity, Harlequins, Orks, all things Sci-Fi.
« Reply #300 on: August 20, 2020, 07:31:39 PM »
Hats off! Can't say more! These are masterpieces!
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. – Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi

Offline Battle Brush Sigur

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
Re: Sigur in Space! - Infinity, Harlequins, Orks, all things Sci-Fi.
« Reply #301 on: August 20, 2020, 09:23:32 PM »
@DintheDin: Thanks very much. :) I'm rather happy with how they came out too. :)

Right. Haha!
So close to being done. So close. Hooray!

full size image: https://www.tabletopwelt.de/uploads/monthly_2020_08/donefront3schrift.jpg.b532f801132e61bdcbe01471e938400a.jpg

Hope you like them. :)

Offline aliensurfer

• Mastermind
Even more splendid painting.  :-*

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
@aliensurfer: Many thanks. :)

Okay, I was dissatisfied with the look of the sword. Lighting in the picture made it worse, but I went and redid the sword a little and added some OSL.

Also did some scenic shots.

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
Stunning :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Wow!....just wow! :o

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
@gamer Mac: Thanks very much. :) Well, the figures themselves are pretty sexy to begin with.

@Andym: Cheers. :)

I did another scenic shot, because I had a heck of a time last night trying to light the photos. Now here's another one with a bit of daylight doing its magic and a less garish part of the background:

full size image: https://www.tabletopwelt.de/uploads/monthly_2020_08/as4bessa.jpg.c8312b68da700415cb0ab929ece9a346.jpg

Hope ye like'em. :) Also happy weekend. The past two weeks I painted a LOT. Not in terms of figures, but these Eldar and SoB were rather tricky (and fiddly!) in parts and I did a lot of painting. Looking forward to that weekend now.

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
Heyhey. In the near future I'll do some 40k stuff again. In the mean time, I got one of these dolls

Not my proudest moment. :P But oh well.

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
I imaging that would look rather impressive once your done painting it.  Assuming you are planning on taking it out of the packaging...  lol
2024: B: 2220; P: 148; 2023: B:77; P:37;

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
I want to see a big game with these
Looking forward to seeing your paint job

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
@syrinx0: I hope so! Well, so far I haven't taken him out of the packaging, but only to spite people who don't I will sooner or later!

@gamer Mac: :D The way things go with GW.... give it 10 more years and we'll have that.

Well, no news on the giant Space Marine, obviously. :D BUT I played something sci-fi and wrote a rules review about it! If you're interested in solo or cooperative wargames, reaction systems, campaign gaming or unique wargames rules in general this very much is worth a look, I think.

https://www.tabletopstories.net/language/en/2021/01/5150-citizen-soldier-review/

Apart from that I got some 40k stuff lined up for the next months: Eldar, Sisters of Battle and Silence, a few custodes, and a few more Plague Marines. Wahey!

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
During that little Sci-Fi thing I caught over the holidays I started painting these fun litte kits by GW:

Sure, the skulls are silly, but I didn't feel like converting terrain pieces a whole lot. So they are what they are. These are still WIP of course. I have yet to add details and some weathering. Hope you like them so far!

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
Heyhey, here's my first 5150: Citizen Soldier battle report!
In which we meet our hero Sgt.Goosio and his merry men and accompany them on their first patrol mission amidst an increasingly volatile situation between human villages and a tribe of Blood Axe Orks.

https://www.tabletopstories.net/language/en/2021/01/5150-citizen-soldier-test-game/

In this battle report I also use in-game situations to illustrate the unique reaction system. Hope you enjoy the article, and have a lovely weekend!

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
Love the Yellow on the mech stuff :-* :-* :-*

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
@gamer Mac: Thanks! :) Of course clever paintmonkeys never paint anything in colour schemes other people (or the studio) used, because it makes things directly comparable. I'm not a clever monkey though, and I really like yellow construction vehicles. :)

Roight, time for some GALVANIC SERVOHAULERS. Or construction vehicles, as regular people would call them quite rightfully.

Really good set. And to be honest, if you buy that size of construction vehicles from Siku or others they wouldn't be much cheaper. I kept the fancy details a bit toned down in terms of painting because I'd like to use those along with more generic sci-fi as well. Also sorry for the slightly ruddy photos; my flash's batteries finally died. New ones are on the way, but not with me yet.

Oh well. Hope you like them, more 40k soon!