Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 01:23:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Sigur in Space! - Update: Revenge of the Blood Angels!  (Read 88387 times)

Offline Gargobot

• Librarian
Re: Sigur in Space! - Dark Imperium
« Reply #60 on: July 26, 2017, 08:17:20 PM »
Man! With all that nurgly goodness I almost think I should retract my earlier wish for Spacies in the near future. I don't want to feel compelled to get back into 40k after all. ;D

Offline Grumbledook

• Scientist
    • It's a Hobby, not an Addiction!
« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2017, 04:21:57 PM »
Fabulous stuff, they look really good in their white armour and that flying drone thing is a great centrepiece.

Up until this point I've been feeling very righteous about not buying a big box of shiny new toys. But it looks like quite good value....... and they are very pretty....... oh dear.

Offline Storm Wolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2017, 04:51:12 PM »
Man! With all that nurgly goodness I almost think I should retract my earlier wish for Spacies in the near future. I don't want to feel compelled to get back into 40k after all. ;D

I know that feeling but I folded and bought First Strike last month and this month I have just ordered Know no fear :o
Dear god I haven`t bought a GW 40K boxset since 2nd :o :o :o :o

Bloody hell I must be going mad, but no more baby Marines for me  :-*

Glen
Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane.

Offline fluffy05

• Scientist
    • One Painters Crusade
« Reply #63 on: August 03, 2017, 02:31:10 AM »
Stunning brushwork Sigur!!!!

Very nice to look at as always.  Thanks for sharing  ;)
'The German today is like the June Bride; he knows he is going to get it, but he doesn't know how big it is going to be.' - Gen. Richard "Windy" Gale, 6th Airborne Division Commander

Offline tomrommel1

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Wargamesgazette
« Reply #64 on: August 03, 2017, 06:03:46 AM »
ace painting !!!!
In hoc signo vinces

Have a look at www.wargamesgazette.com

Offline Battle Brush Sigur

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2017, 11:48:47 PM »
Thanks for all the comments! :)

@Gargobot: Cheers!

@Grumbledook: :D Yeah, as I wrote before - it's quite a childish thing to go out and just buy this big new shiny box, but I was curious about the new rules. Which is he flimsiest excuse ever, but oh well. :D

@Storm Wolf: :D I know the feeling. Last 40k starter set I bought was 2nd edition as well!

@fluffy05: Thanks for commenting! :)

@tomrommel1: Thank you very much, Sir!

Hej, here I am again with Sci-Fi(-ish) things, and Space Orks at that!

When it comes to 40k I own 3 armies (and probably always will): Sisters of Battle (because they're cool), Imperial Guard (of various kinds, because it was my first army) and Orks. Those are one of my pet projects. As a young'un I owned 2nd edition codex Orks and been gawking at the photos a lot. It was all metal though (except for the monopose ones from the 2nd edition starter set), thus unaffordable for young me (well, at least next to Imperial Guard, which of course also were all metal, except for Stormtroopers). In 2006 I started doing this army of my dreams by collecting second hand Orks and Gretchins off ebay and collectors. Back then this was possible (I also collected a sizeable force of Squats). These days  ebay is just insane when it comes to prices for ANTHING GW that's OOP.

Anyway, with the help of this and the excellent 1992 multipart plastic Orks I got together quite an army over the years. All models from between 1987 and 1995 because them's the good old days of proper Orky Orks. Great models, great background, great artwork (love Paul Bonner's Orks drawings!), great books.

I really should take some more photos of my old orks again. Lost most of the pics in a hard drive crash and now with the photobucket disaster (btw: screw you, Photobucket!).

Most of my Boyz (and Nobz. And Skarboyz. And Buggies. And some guns. And the Dreadnought.)  are Goffs, Looterz of course Deathskulls, Kommandos are Blood Axes, Meganobz (and some boyz) are Bad Moons and so on. Vehicles are a bit of a problem. I do own a Battlewagon, but nowadays that model probably rather qualifies as a Trukk.

AAaaaaaaanyway, of course I also own a rather large bunch of 1998 style Orks. Never used them all that much though to be honest. Between 2011 and 2013 I painted a rather large army though for a gentleman in France. Despite my preference of old-school Orks, I also do like the new-style ones a ton. To cut things a bit shorter - I'm working on an Orks army for a gentleman!

Here are the 10 test minis; a bunch of Goff boyz:

I did miss painting Orks. In fact, I missed painting 40k models. Hope you like them!

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2017, 03:24:05 PM »
Right-o, the test Orks have been green(ha!)-lit, now on to painting the rest of the boyz:

full size picture: https://images2.imgbox.com/09/47/Au2IWolb_o.jpg
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 04:18:46 PM by Battle Brush Sigur »

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #67 on: October 31, 2017, 04:54:34 PM »
Great greenskin tones. The red paintscheme works particularly well with the green.

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #68 on: November 01, 2017, 04:19:53 PM »
Thanks very much, Elk101! :) I thought that this wasn't the place for subtlety, so I made the skin rather green and the almost red as red as possible. :D

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #69 on: November 01, 2017, 04:30:15 PM »
What paints did you use for the greens if you don't mind me asking?

Offline tomrommel1

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Wargamesgazette
« Reply #70 on: November 06, 2017, 03:11:48 PM »
super orks

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #71 on: November 13, 2017, 03:17:56 PM »
@Elk101: Thanks very much! :) I'm a fancypants man, so I went with some pre-shading on those. Black, white, thin mid-green (kinda like goblin green actually, but slightly muted) over all of it, highlights with pale yellow, wash with brown and green (varies between orks, so I get some slight variation in the skin tones), final highlights. High contrast fun times. Because if we're having green ork skin with bright red right next to it this is not the time and place for subtlety in colours. Also: It's bloody space orks! :P

@tomrommel1: Cheers! :)

So yeah, things are a bit chaotic here in the workshop. Had a wargames show this saturday (report to follow!), for which I had to finish some Guild Ball stuff and a not-quite-platoon of 28mm British Paras, and we're currently moving house and today I'm actually moving my paint stations to the new place. Last night I finished doing the rust on the metallics on the Orks, next up will be all the checkers. So if I manage to keep a relative amount of sanity over this task I guess the next photos you'll see will be shot at the new place already. But before that it'll take a while getting stuff rom point A to point B. I started with the cool stuff (the lead/plastic/resin mountain, minis in general, terrain, boardgames, game boxes, old school GW books), so that's at the new place already (still in boxes though). Not sure what I'll do with the post-1998 GW books and such. I'm afraid I'll have to sell some stuff; possibly beastmen and my Valhallans army. Oh, and a ton of old Shadowrun and The Dark Eye books. I'd love to keep them, but I just can't.

Anyway, that's the rather off-topic update. :D

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #72 on: November 13, 2017, 04:44:04 PM »
Thanks for the breakdown. It's a great job you've done on them.

Offline Breazer

• Mad Scientist
    • Breaz Brushes
« Reply #73 on: November 16, 2017, 02:23:33 PM »
I always love it when you paint 40k stuff. Orks are probably amongst my favourites there. Excellent stuff sir!

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #74 on: November 21, 2017, 05:20:05 PM »
@Elk101: :) Cheers, hope it helped.

@Breazer: Thanks very much, buddy! As I said: painting 40k stuff is always fun.

Trying to slip back into my regular work schedule, and here's an Orky update on the Goffs:

Haven't moved the proper photo setup here yet, hence the weird half-and-half background. :p Anyway, silvery metallics are done, checkerboard pattern bits are done, clothes are done and most of the damaged paintjob effect. Next I'll do the copper-colored metallics (mostly CCW handles and some details) plus weathering, after that I guess I'll have to tackle teeth and horns and after that it's the rest of the details for me!