Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 12:10:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1697734
  • Total Topics: 118855
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Macrossmartin's MS Gundam Skirmish Thread  (Read 13077 times)

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
Re: Macrossmartin's MS Gundam Skirmish Thread
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2017, 03:45:02 PM »
Arloid, I'm working in a freeware program called Art of Illusion. It's a bit limited compared to more modern programs, but I like its interface, and it is fine for simple things like I'm doing. I'd hate to try sculpting cloth or organic detail in AoI...

I'll post some renders of the Star Trek inspired ships I've sculpted in AoI when I can (watch for a separate thread).

I'm not going to lie, your results look a lot better than my first 3d drawings! So that must be great interface there.  I agree that the interface of most programs are dense, to say the least.
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2017, 09:28:42 PM »
I am waiting for HLJ to restock the Zaku Tank so I can get a wad of those for my projects.

I believe its lets a case of HLJ stocking them, and more of Bandai needed to do another print run of them. There are a number of kits that don't get produced all that often, and when they do get snatched up quickly. The Hildolfr is a good example when it got re-printed a while back.

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2017, 01:36:08 AM »
Looking further it appears there are no normal gundam Wing bad guy suit gashapons, only SD versions. this makes me sad, the leo and tallgeese will forever hold a place in my heart. I guess I shall have to print some myself.
You saying you can't find any Leo's? If that is what your saying there are Leo's in this scale. Which is great as I love the Leo's over the Zaku's.

Grimm

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2017, 01:10:33 PM »
You saying you can't find any Leo's? If that is what your saying there are Leo's in this scale. Which is great as I love the Leo's over the Zaku's.

I was wrong, you were right, 2 version even and the other equipment would be easy to 3d print like Macrossmartin has shown. bugger, this is going to hurt my wallet. Any places worth looking for these besides ebay?

Ah , tallgeese and taurus as well, I guess I should be thankfull there aren't any virgo ones. (or should I, maybe I should CAD one up...)

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2017, 08:28:48 AM »
I was wrong, you were right, 2 version
3 in the 1/400 scale.

print them out on the wanhao. Cheap as then.
I don't have my Wanhao 7 as of yet. ;-)
You could do it f9r me.
And yes I know you wasn't talking to me originally.

Grimm

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2017, 08:35:16 AM »
there is an I3 available for anyone to use you included. The design just has to be original and a gundam build would be in my book, original.
Still waiting on those VOTOMS.  :-)

Grimm

Offline Macrossmartin

• Scientist
  • Hobbies from Other Dimensions!
    • The Miniature Martin Site
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2017, 10:41:05 AM »
For those so inclined, there is now a (very new) Facebook group for Mobile Suit Gundam Skirmish! Please consider yourselves invited to join in for fighty robot fun.  :D

https://www.facebook.com/groups/486933428347559/
Operating from an abandoned US spy base somewhere in the Australian outback, Miniature Martin produces games and scale miniatures set in parallel worlds, past and future. He is NOT trying to take over the Earth. This time.

Offline Macrossmartin

• Scientist
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2017, 02:02:38 PM »
A few pics of some new additions to my Zeon ground forces: A flight of three Dodai bomber / transports, a suitably sinister Kampfer, and the Zeon C.O. finally shows up in her Desert Gouf Custom.

The Dodais have rare earth magnets inserted into their 'decks' to allow Mobile Suits with matching magnets to go sky-surfing...

The Gouf-C on its ground base. The 75mm rotary cannon was a bit... floppy... so a new one was fashioned from plastic rod...

... and here's the Kampfer, in night attire, ready for an evening of mugging passing GM's...

Next up should be a contingent of Magella Attack Tanks, but I also have a bunch of Federation AFV's on their way from Shapeways, and the temptation to prioritise those instead will be strong indeed!  >:D

See you next time.

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2017, 02:07:59 PM »
Very happy to see your work on these. You keep up a good speed many of us wish we had in our projects!

Offline Macrossmartin

• Scientist
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2017, 11:54:22 AM »
Very happy to see your work on these. You keep up a good speed many of us wish we had in our projects!

It's all an illusion, I swear...  ;)

Actually, I seem to have 'bursts' when I get a bunch of miniatures finished, then it dies off again until I'm inspired (or on a deadline) to do more.

Speaking of doing more: How about a Battle Report...?

Penetrated at Perevalka - a OYW Batrep

http://mobilesuitskirmish.proboards.com/thread/169/penetrated-perevalka-oyw-batrep?page=1&scrollTo=1943

Follow the link above to the Mobile Suit Skirmish Forum to read my new batrep. Complete with turn-by-turn maps! I hope you enjoy it.  :)

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2017, 02:45:51 PM »
Very nice.

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Chicago Skirmish Wargames
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2017, 02:58:09 AM »
Wow, how did I miss this thread? Holy mini-robot goodness!

Reminds me of the Iron Hands (Necromundicon) Gundam project taken to the next level.
http://www.ironhands.com/gundamsog.html

Keep it up!

Offline Macrossmartin

• Scientist
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2017, 10:00:31 AM »
Wow, how did I miss this thread? Holy mini-robot goodness!

Reminds me of the Iron Hands (Necromundicon) Gundam project taken to the next level.
http://www.ironhands.com/gundamsog.html

Keep it up!

Eilif, thank you very much! Pleased to meet one of the people who inspired me to have a go at Gundam micro-scale; I recognise your blog, and the SoG figures, they were amongst the first things I found when I started on this journey, trawling the 'net for inspiration.

I probably would have gone the SoG route, except that at the time I couldn't find a cheap source for the 1/300 stuff.

By the way, if you're still doing stuff with your Gundam variant, I have a Shapeways store where I'll be offering the 1/285th Type 61 as a Company deal, soon.

Fed hover trucks (with APC and command drop-on options) will follow shortly; I have some successful prints of both vehicles, just need to sort some production issues. :)

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Chicago Skirmish Wargames
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2017, 06:05:02 PM »
Eilif, thank you very much! Pleased to meet one of the people who inspired me to have a go at Gundam micro-scale; I recognise your blog, and the SoG figures, they were amongst the first things I found when I started on this journey, trawling the 'net for inspiration.

I probably would have gone the SoG route, except that at the time I couldn't find a cheap source for the 1/300 stuff.

By the way, if you're still doing stuff with your Gundam variant, I have a Shapeways store where I'll be offering the 1/285th Type 61 as a Company deal, soon.

Fed hover trucks (with APC and command drop-on options) will follow shortly; I have some successful prints of both vehicles, just need to sort some production issues. :)

Oh dear, I'm afraid I have misrepresented myself.  
Ironhands (i.e. necromundicon) is one of my favorite sites and has been a guiding light for my hobby since the 90's but it's not mine.  It's the brainchild of Sean Pattern.  He's a good sort and might be interested in your vehicles.

I find your project immensely inspring, but our club's mecha gaming is 10mm'ish (N, 1/144, 1/160, etc) using rebased Mechwarrior clix figures or in 28mm using a variety of models and toys.  You can find our stuff here:
https://www.chicagoskirmishwargames.com/blog/?s=mech

« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 08:22:06 PM by eilif »

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2017, 07:22:12 PM »
Eilif shouldn't sell himself short either, his Mech attack con game is spectacular!