Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:19:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690640
  • Total Topics: 118340
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Herd of African Cape Buffalo Available  (Read 1268 times)

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
Herd of African Cape Buffalo Available
« on: August 15, 2017, 05:44:43 AM »
Highlander Studios has produced a set of African Cape Buffalo - with an included optional Zulu rider.  See here: http://www.highlanderstudiosinc.com/Store/product-category/gideons-dust/

Now, for anyone asking why he'd come out with a herd with so many different poses, well, that's because I commissioned them and that's what I wanted.  Okay, the Zulu rider was entirely his idea.  Very nice sculpts, just got my first ones in the mail today.  Will be ordering a bunch more so I can, yes, have a herd of 96 of the beasties.  You just can't say plains of Africa without large herds roaming about.  Well, I can't.

Hope you like them and, if you are in the scale, buy a bunch for your own games.  You'll be glad you did.  Rod might like it, too.

When my budget recovers from all the remodeling and our first major vacation in eleven years and if Rod (the sculptor) is willing, there will be more critters to decorate those African plains.

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
Re: Herd of African Cape Buffalo Available
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 08:32:08 AM »
I followed your search a few months ago, good to see a happy ending.

For those needing a picture:
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 02:32:23 PM by von Lucky »
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline Sir Rodney Ffing

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2017, 10:08:27 AM »
96 cattle!  My hat is off to you sir, for doing things on such an impressive scale.

I remember one of my chums commenting on my measly flock of just six sheep in a Dark Ages game, which prompted me to buy 12 more to shut him up.  I agree the flock looks much better now, but your plans are of a different order of magnitude altogether (well, almost, if there are any scientists reading this).  Please post another photo or two when they are all painted and based!

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 04:53:25 AM »
Sir Rodney, I figure if I've commissioned the range, I deserve to splurge!  I may yet get to 900+ beasties for my African plains zoologicals.  I need baboons and chimps, vultures and flamingos, and some more dead animals.  I commissioned a dead Cape Buffalo and have several of them now.  More gazelles, purpose sculpted zebras and wildebeests would crack my wallet - especially gazelles as I'm using Irregulars pronghorn antelope as stand ins for several species as well as pronghorns for my Old West.  Already over 600 and I think the Cape Buffalo will push me north of 700.  Crazy?  Maybe.  Who cares.  I'm happy with them!   lol

Offline Poiter50

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 05:06:43 AM »
dead Cape Buffalo? Who from?
Cheers,
Poiter50

Offline Sir Rodney Ffing

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2017, 11:59:00 AM »
I may yet get to 900+ beasties for my African plains zoologicals.  I need baboons and chimps, vultures and flamingos, and some more dead animals.

Wow and double wow! I have two packs of North Star Africa baboons (six in total), which look pretty good but are clearly duplicates. Does anyone else make them? For vultures, I have a couple from Foundry and 10 more from Deezee Miniatures (2x packs of 5).  They are nice too, but the basic model is the same and the only variation is by bending the neck and the paint job.  I have not checked Irregular, and probably have all the vultures I need anyway, but a little more variation would not go amiss!

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2017, 01:24:48 PM »
Dead Cape Buffalo is also from Highlander Studios (the sculptor - not sure why not in his pack as offered) but may be available from a major hobby supplier at some point but if not perhaps from me directly since I have partial ownership of the Cape Buffalo figures.  And a reminder, this is 15 (or 18) mm.  I'll try and get a photo up on my blog and link to it here - but be patient, I'm facing a busy week and busier weekend.

Offline Sir Rodney Ffing

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2017, 01:52:28 PM »
And a reminder, this is 15 (or 18) mm.

Aha!  The clue was in your user name, wasn't it, and I missed it. The thought of 96x 28mm buffalo on the table (and the cost involved) clearly got to me  o_o

Sir Rodney

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2017, 04:35:48 AM »
Sir Rodney, Irregular does do larger scale animals, more than they do in 15 mm alas.  And such sacrilege - how can you possibly have enough critters!  I only submit myself for evidence.  :o lol