Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:58:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The Nagarkot pocket - 30K AAR  (Read 853 times)

Offline Pictors Studio

• Mastermind
    • Pictors Studio
The Nagarkot pocket - 30K AAR
« on: January 08, 2018, 08:15:52 PM »
We had moved too fast and outstripped our supports.  This seemed to be happening more and more often.  It didn't look like we were going to get another chance to make the mistake again.

The Blood Angels were closing on us from all sides. Even their heavy units were moving up on us.

It was difficult to think, the nails were pounding in my head still, although I'd just come down from raging with them when I realized we were surrounded.

I think we all realized it.  It settled us down a bit but Ghran and the heavies were still a little fuzzed.  They were firing off huge amounts of ammo, ignoring more immediate threats in the face of a juicier target.

I couldn't see that it had any effect. 

Pretty soon I couldn't see much of anything, the Angels were on us and we were fighting for our lives.  I gave in to the nails again and pretty soon I could barely feel the blows raining down on my armour, I was too consumed with smashing my chainsword down on the enemy.

A chaplain was leading them into the fray.  It had been years since I had seen one of them in our ranks.  I barely recognized what he was at first.  I did have enough sense left to stay out of the way of his power weapon but just barely. 

After their initial assault the Angels attack weakened in the face of the savagery our nails were able to drive us to.

We sensed in and we pounced. 

The fury of our counter assault took them by surprise and barreled them over.  Pretty soon the whole group had taken off to get behind cover.  We pursued them as well as we could but managed to get our thoughts back in order and grab some cover as the heavy elements of the enemies army came pounding down the street to where we had been.

We left ancient Krishak and Captain Gronur in the lurch.  They charged ahead though and we moved back to support them.  Gronur tore through two terminators by himself, his powerfist smashing holes in the thick ceramite before a Thunder hammer brought him down, shattering his leg.  Then the Terminators and the BA dreadnought converged on ancient Krishak and the crippled warrior's armoured sarcophagus was torn to pieces in the assault.

We could see other reinforcements arriving and saw Krond and his breachers tearing through the enemy to our East.  With Krond on the warpath we figured that side was secure so we went to meet the threat that had just put Krishak in his grave.

We charged out of the building and the Terminators ahead of us seemed surprised.  We cut them down quickly and the Blood Angel dreadnought was on us. 

The power fist closed around Yitgar's arm crushing through ceramite, flesh and bone.  The resultant spray of blood slightly darkened the crimson carapace of the dreadnought.  Sergeant Thogton smashed his power fist into the dreadnought and I watched the thing reel from the impact, it's sensors seemed to be shattered.  Thogton's next hit struck the dread in the leg, smashing it and as the thing staggered back it fell and did not rise.

From behind one of the terminators struck Thogton with his thunder hammer smashing the sergeant apart and sending his body smashing into me.

When I came too, the Blood Angels had gone and we were advancing again. 

Offline tomrommel1

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Wargamesgazette
Re: The Nagarkot pocket - 30K AAR
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 07:59:55 AM »
nice AAR
In hoc signo vinces

Have a look at www.wargamesgazette.com

Offline Pictors Studio

• Mastermind
    • Pictors Studio
Re: The Nagarkot pocket - 30K AAR
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 05:19:44 PM »
Thank you.  I was trying out my new breachers and my new destroyers.  The breachers did pretty well, wiping out the scouts and then moving up to take a good chunk of board space and clearing off the remains of two veteran squads.

The destroyers did very poorly, they assaulted and were destroyed by a veteran squad. 

The MVP for the World Eaters was a legion tactical squad with an apothecary.  They managed to hold against a assault squad with a chaplain, then repulse it with less than half of its strength left, sending it scuttling from the table, then they drew off to a building, then took out the remnants of a terminator squad and then a dreadnought, before being wiped out by a second terminator squad. 

Solid work, boys.

On the BA side I would say that the two power fist dreadnought was probably the MVP.  He took out the rest of the heavy squad, no problem.  Then he destroyed the land raider, also no problem, then he took it to the WE dreadnought and took that out before being destroyed by the sergeant from the above mentioned legion squad.

It was a pretty close game and probably would have turned out dead even if the legion squad hadn't done so well right at the end killing the termies and the dread.