Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:34:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691079
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 843
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Eureka Hawkmoon range additions  (Read 2308 times)

Offline swiftnick

• Mastermind
Eureka Hawkmoon range additions
« on: January 24, 2018, 09:07:59 AM »
I noticed on another site that Eureka have released wave 2 of the 28mm Hawkmoon range.

http://eurekamin.com.au/news.php?newsid=EVEyuuAupAewKQcvMT

Also the first glimmer of the 10mm range.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
Re: Eureka Hawkmoon range additions
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 11:46:46 AM »
Finally!!!!

I've been waiting for Hawkmoon miniatures in general for like 20+ years, and thought, when the first announcements were spread, that now the good times would begin...sadly the range seems to take forever to progress!

Offline Etranger

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 01:00:38 AM »
Finally!!!!

I've been waiting for Hawkmoon miniatures in general for like 20+ years, and thought, when the first announcements were spread, that now the good times would begin...sadly the range seems to take forever to progress!

To paraphrase Nic Robson - it depends how the initial releases sell.
"It's only a flesh wound...."

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 02:14:29 AM »
Cool, I had thought that there was more to the range already. Just seem they have only released the wolf order so far.
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline majorsmith

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 04:30:31 PM »
Great stuff I must get some of these! How do they scale up with other fantasy ranges?

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2018, 12:07:57 PM »
Wasn't there a different version of Hawkmoon? With a plumed helmet?

Offline Alxbates

• Mad Scientist
    • Forge of Ice on Faceboook!
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2018, 04:30:49 PM »
Finally!!!!

What's the origin of this range?  I'm not familiar with Hawkmoon at all, although so far I like the look of these figures.

Offline Von Trinkenessen

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2018, 05:16:23 PM »
Alxbates its one of the "Pre Hammer" fantasy legends.
From a series of books written by Michael Moorcock :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dorian_Hawkmoon

Offline Alxbates

• Mad Scientist
    • Forge of Ice on Faceboook!
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2018, 05:59:08 PM »
Alxbates its one of the "Pre Hammer" fantasy legends.
From a series of books written by Michael Moorcock :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dorian_Hawkmoon

Thanks!  I've had the Elric books on my shelf for decades, but I've never read them.  I'll have to look into the Hawkmoon series, too.

Offline PhilB

• Scientist
    • A Dragontooth Grognard
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2018, 06:11:24 PM »
Thanks!  I've had the Elric books on my shelf for decades, but I've never read them.  I'll have to look into the Hawkmoon series, too.

All of Mike Moorcock's fantasy are great reads, be sure to read not only the Elric and Hawkmoon books, but also the Corum series and... if you can get past the non-linear nature of the Jerry Cornelius books, they're fun too. Not great literature, perhaps, but stirring fantasy nonetheless, and a strong influence on early D&D authors like Gygax, Arnesson and Kunst.

For great literature, read Moorcock's "The War Hound and the World's Pain" and "Gloriana, or the unfulfill'd queen". And there's another whose title escapes me...

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2018, 07:00:17 PM »
All of Mike Moorcock's fantasy are great reads, be sure to read not only the Elric and Hawkmoon books, but also the Corum series and... if you can get past the non-linear nature of the Jerry Cornelius books, they're fun too. Not great literature, perhaps, but stirring fantasy nonetheless, and a strong influence on early D&D authors like Gygax, Arnesson and Kunst.

For great literature, read Moorcock's "The War Hound and the World's Pain" and "Gloriana, or the unfulfill'd queen". And there's another whose title escapes me...

I second that! The new Elric titles (Dreamthief's Daughter, Skrayling Tree, White Wolf's Son) are really excellent, too! But I'd recommend some Moorcock experience, because otherwise the multidimensional plot can be confusing. Ach! And don't forget the End of Time-series which is really funny in many respect.

In fact, the only stuff I didn't like from him was "Behold the Man" and the Erekose-series; his Martian volumes are a nice homage to Johna Carter, but not as good as the original, while Elric, Corum and Hawkmoon deserve a place in any fantasy library!

Offline Sir Barnaby Hammond-Rye

• Mastermind
    • The Tekumel Project
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2018, 12:18:36 AM »
Thanks!  I've had the Elric books on my shelf for decades, but I've never read them.  I'll have to look into the Hawkmoon series, too.

My personal favourites are the Corum series, esp the first trilogy: Knight of Swords, Queen of Swords and King of Swords.

Regarding Elric, I found Stormbringer on the shelf of my school library and really liked it (and it is the last in the basic set.) I've struggled with the first or second one now that I've gone back to try and complete the series. Hawkmoon was better.

And after his series is Count Brass. There is also Erekose (The Eternal Champion) and that more modern hero - whose name escapes me - but must be at least partial inspiration for Lucid Eye's Psychedelic range.

Offline Sir Barnaby Hammond-Rye

• Mastermind
    • The Tekumel Project
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2018, 12:38:39 AM »
Ulrich von Bek and Jerry Cornelius are the two other heroes. I was conflating them into a single character. I don't think I've read either.

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2018, 12:38:48 AM »
The figures are lovely,I bought enough cavalry to do 7 bases for Basic Impetus(so 35 figures in all,5 to a base). Well worth it :)
May the Wolf  Walk With You
http://greywolf1066.blogspot.com.au/

Painting Clubs Joined: APC,MPC, PPC,PAPC,LPC.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2018, 01:36:10 AM »
Honestly a little jealous of the horde you have Scurv.  lol

But I just put In a order for a few of them. Any word on when the rest of the Orders will be available?