Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 11:45:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689796
  • Total Topics: 118296
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Re: ZONA ALFA: Salvage and Survival in the Exclusion Zone (New Bat Rep:2 June)  (Read 46037 times)

Offline Grimjack

• Scientist
  • Z List Wargames Industry Celebrity
In terms of the Zona Alfa flip through, it goes out to paying members first, then is on general release a week or so afterwards.

Have you seen it yet Denatus? If not, I can arrange for a 'free to view' link that you can do with as you wish.
Remember: the dice are not your friends!

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
Thanks Grimjack but I'll wait. Then cross post the heck out of it.

One of the reasons the game is titled Zona Alfa was to hint while the Eastern European area was the first or primary affected region, it wasn't the only one. (And Zona Perestrelki was too long and too Slavic.)

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
I'm backing away from the Sarissa Precision site now and hiding my wallet. *yikes* I could drop a $100 in an eye blink on buildings I "need" for a demo board.

Offline Cypher226

• Mad Scientist
    • Friendly Fire
@Manchu - yes, very much so.  I keep eyeing the cantina and mission church...  :D

@Dentatus - the TTcombat offerings are a bit more pocket-friendly  :D ;D

Offline Manchu

• Mad Scientist
    • Life on Jasoom?
I'm backing away from the Sarissa Precision site now and hiding my wallet. *yikes* I could drop a $100 in an eye blink on buildings I "need" for a demo board.
How do you like the new Russian buidlings?

Word to the wise regarding Sarissa: the greyboard is truly awful. The MDF parts of the kits are great but that greyboard, sheesh.

Zona Alfa is a great name for the game. It clearly implies there are other zones, as intended. I just hope Cypher can get some use out of the name Zona Alfalfa for his New Mexico campaign LOL!

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
Sarissa's Russian buildings remind me of the starting village in Shadow of Chernobyl. Call of Pripyat feels more commercial and light industrial.

Offline Cypher226

• Mad Scientist
    • Friendly Fire
Zona Alfalfa  lol

I like that!

Manchu - which buildings have you built with grey board? I built one of the brownstones and a factory unit and thought it was OK on them, if a bit flimsy, and not really great for resting an inner floor on (the factory unit)!

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
Well, this is cool.

Offline Nimrod

• Scientist
    • Слишком много ножей
Superb layout and nice illustrations!  Can't wait to get my hands on that book.  :)

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
Osprey did great job, Sam's illustrations were right on, and LAM was kind enough to provide some very cool photos. (wish they were bigger)

Offline Gunbird

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • With miniatures, anything is possible!
    • 20mm and then some
Must buy for me, been dabbling with STALKER in 20mm for years now, have so much Soviet oriented scenery for it. Just need more Stalkers....
Who is Gunbird? Johan van Ooij, Dutch, Mercenary Gamer, no longer mobile and happy to live life while it lasts >> http://20mmandthensome.blogspot.com/

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
Speaking of STALKER miniatures, here's a post on my attempts at Zone crews through the years.
https://stalker7.com/2019/11/20/zona-alfa-crews/

Some photos:

Thanks for looking.

Offline Cypher226

• Mad Scientist
    • Friendly Fire
The book looks excellent, the artwork sets the tone perfectly, and is very nice to boot!

Looking forward to this immensely.

Offline Nimrod

• Scientist
    • Слишком много ножей
Speaking about conversions..
Can you please tell your opinion about possibility to use Empress miniatures gasmask Russian heads with LAM bodies?
I don't have any Empress miniatures minis in my collection  and so can only guess how well will they scale with LAM.

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
"Empress Minis gasmask heads on LAM bodies - - "

I don't own a lot of Empress Minis but the LAM figs are chunkier and larger than the handful I do have. The EM figs are nice, don't get me wrong, but the Pig Iron Productions spare heads seem a better fit for LAM.

That said, I think EM heads would work with Eureka figs or Spectre. Or perhaps The Assault Group as well.

Look into the Tiny Terrain Chechen War range. Igor K's sculpts but smaller than LAM. That might be a good fit too.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 12:39:55 AM by Dentatus »