Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:16:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686436
  • Total Topics: 118099
  • Online Today: 689
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Resident Evil Tyrant and Zombie Crows  (Read 6702 times)

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box
Resident Evil Tyrant and Zombie Crows
« on: May 10, 2009, 10:05:14 PM »

Part of my ongoing RE zombie stuff.  The three Tyrants are intended to represent the various stages of mutation of the Tyrant as they get damaged and mutate further.  The paintjobs are pretty basic (a highlight or two with "dip") but they are good enough for my purposes.

The figures are an old GW Titan Princeps, a Heroclix Hulk with his hair and lips removed and some Skaven tails added and a Hellknight from Doom:the Boardgame with some bits and pieces added.

The crows are Megaminis attached to various oddments.

There.  Thats my obligatory first post over with ;)

Offline Curryman

• Librarian
    • The Screaming Alpha
Re: Resident Evil Tyrant and Zombie Crows
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 10:11:38 PM »
Good looking stuff, cheetor! I'm not much of a conversions guy myself, but I admire people who can take a bunch of odds and ends and make something new and cool. Hope you'll share more with us.
Check out The Screaming Alpha http://thescreamingalpha.com for the best in miniature and RPG reviews, guaranteed! [Not a guarantee]

Offline JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
  • I've only had a few ales...
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 10:30:49 AM »
Those are great!  :)

Am I right in thinking that the scenery bits the crows are standing on are clipped off Heroclix bases? Nice idea, and good recycling!

Offline anevilgiraffe

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • http://anevilgiraffe.blogspot.com/
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 10:32:50 AM »

Am I right in thinking that the scenery bits the crows are standing on are clipped off Heroclix bases? Nice idea, and good recycling!

couple look like they are from the Hellboy set...

nice job, pity about the bases the crows have... stand out a bit on top of the scenery bits...

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009, 11:32:23 AM »
Quote from: JollyBob

Thanks!

Quote from: JollyBob

Yep.  The BPRD set (as already mentioned), the bird gargoyle came from a Batman 'clix.  The brown thing on the base with the crucifix is a cow skull from a Judge Mortis clix, but it isnt really visible in the shot.

Quote from: AnEvilGiraffe
nice job, pity about the bases the crows have... stand out a bit on top of the scenery bits...

A fair point.  The crows are so small that I figured that it really wasnt worth it to clip them off the base and then re-attach them (probably only to see them get broken off sooner rather than later).

To be honest I am usually a little fussier about things like that but in this case I figured "what the hell" and left them prominent.  Where possible I tried to put them in places that semi make sense (the pile of rocks in the rightmost base, the top of the gargoyle, the Easter Island heads "ear" etc), with admittedly mixed results.

Its the old story though, these days I am willing to put up with minor issues like that in the interest of getting a dent made in the lead mountain: its a quantity vs quality thing.  When actually gaming with the figures I find that things like that really dont get noticed.

Thanks for the feedback!

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 11:56:14 AM »
If it helps, I didn't notice the bases at first 8). Nice models and nice use of the crows, only the use of the titan crew as a zombie is a minor sin of course 8)
Let me hear the battle cry
Calling on the wind
Let me see the banners fly
Before the storm begins

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 12:05:12 PM »
the use of the titan crew as a zombie is a minor sin of course 8)

I like my giant robots (and their crewmen) as much as the next guy but when a use for a figure that has been sitting in the pile for 20 years comes along, then its time to paint it, zombie or otherwise ;)

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2009, 12:09:27 PM »
Hehehe, good point  :D

Offline Arcturus

• Scientist
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2009, 05:05:06 PM »
Nice Work. And nice use of the Skaven tails.

Where's that Four-Finger-Hand of the Hellknight from? This conversion looks pretty good and i want to customize my own ones  :D

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2009, 05:15:45 PM »
Nice Work. And nice use of the Skaven tails.

Thanks.

Where's that Four-Finger-Hand of the Hellknight from? This conversion looks pretty good and i want to customize my own ones  :D

Its one of the arms from the GW Chaos mutation sprue that they used to pack with chaos marines, chaos warriors etc.  Im not really up on the GW range any more so I dont know if you can still get the sprue.  I would be interested to know if it is still available though: its a good collection of bits.

Offline Admiral Benbow

• The Queen's Own Gizmologist
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • "Creativity is a drug I cannot live without."
    • The Benbow Workshop
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2009, 06:52:44 PM »
The crow bases are just brilliant! Love them!  :-*

Offline Hitman

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2009, 07:37:15 PM »
Those things are just NASTY!!! Well done and thanks for posting and sharing. Your painting is very nice!!
Victory is guaranteed to the last man standing, but always remember those whom you stepped on to get there!!

Offline Black Autumn Productions

• Student
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2009, 12:54:28 PM »
Very nice!

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2009, 04:11:17 PM »
Coooooool!  :D Love the transformation stages on the tyrant. Great idea for a game even if it's just to say "Staaaaars" all night! Keep up the evil work.

Offline matakishi

• The Teacher
  • Galactic Brain
  • Cousin of Hammers
    • Matakishi's Tea House
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2009, 11:06:20 PM »

To be honest I am usually a little fussier about things like that but in this case I figured "what the hell" and left them prominent.  Where possible I tried to put them in places that semi make sense (the pile of rocks in the rightmost base, the top of the gargoyle, the Easter Island heads "ear" etc), with admittedly mixed results.

Its the old story though, these days I am willing to put up with minor issues like that in the interest of getting a dent made in the lead mountain: its a quantity vs quality thing.  When actually gaming with the figures I find that things like that really don't get noticed.

This makes soooo much sense :)
i'm with you all the way on this one, excellent crow bases!