Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:30:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Koyote in Mordheim (And some WHQ)  (Read 74639 times)

Offline Skaville

• Student
Re: Koyote in Mordheim
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2018, 07:55:10 PM »
Thanks! They look perfect for all sorts of bandits and rebellious proles.

Offline Cyrus the Great

• Librarian
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2018, 08:35:13 AM »
Koyote,
Really great conversions and paint jobs on the figures. I hope you'll keep this post going a long time!

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2018, 06:12:41 PM »
Koyote,
Really great conversions and paint jobs on the figures. I hope you'll keep this post going a long time!
Thanks. 

I'm currently working on my Kislevite Youths, Natasha and Boris (both pictured below on the left).  I hope to have photos posted sometime tomorrow. 

Next, I'll tackle the Bear Tamer, Oleg (pictured below on the far-right) and my Sylvanian Scout.

Offline Cyrus the Great

• Librarian
« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2018, 02:01:57 AM »
Of course they'd be named Boris and Natasha! :)

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2018, 10:35:15 PM »
Here are my first two Kislevite heroes, the Youths, Boris and Natasha.  

A casual observer of these sibling adventurers may posit that Boris is the brawn and Natasha is the brains, but sadly, Natasha is the duo's brains AND brawn.  

It's not that Boris is clumsy or a coward, it's just that the sight of bloodshed makes Boris feel a bit woozy.  As such, Boris can’t help but to close his eyes just before each swing of his massive spiked mace, making him an ineffective fighter, and on occasion, a danger to the other members of his warband.

Natasha, on the other hand, is a stone cold killer who compensates for her lack of expertise with hammer and dagger with a penchant for back stabbing and striking at foes when they are down.  

« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 11:55:44 PM by Koyote »

Offline Tungdil

• Scientist
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2018, 11:52:51 AM »
I fear poor Boris will be drenched in blood after his arrival in the City of the Damned.

Beautyful miniatures and a cool topic here. Please, keep it going!

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2018, 06:41:30 AM »
I've finished my Sylvanian Guide (hired sword) and Kislevite Bear Tamer (hero).

Durt is a miserable soul from a nameless fishing village that borders the Hel Fenn in northern Sylvania.  Durt has never been any further than a half days paddle from the decrepit hovel where he was born and raised, but the gullible Kislevite adventurers who have hired him as a tracker and guide don't know this. 

Oleg and his ursine companion were recruited into the army of Kislev to support a regiment of Kossars. Two summers ago, Oleg's bear died under the red axes of Norse marauders.  A broken man, Oleg turned to drink, and soon found himself discharged from the regiment.  A bear tamer no more, Oleg now earns his pay as the second in command of Kislevite mercenary warband, Captain Yuri's Raiders.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 06:49:01 AM by Koyote »

Offline number1section1

• Bookworm
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2018, 08:19:41 AM »
Awesome selection of miniatures and great paint jobs. Liking the character backgrounds.

Offline Darathar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2018, 08:24:40 AM »
Love it! some really good looking creations in there, like all of your work  :)

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2018, 04:39:13 PM »
Thanks.  Some of you old-timers may recognize Oleg, or at least the upper half of Oleg, from the 1990s GW Ungol Horse Archer model line.  Ungols served as Empire auxiliaries from the northern tribes of Kislev.

I replaced the horse archer legs with legs from the Empire Militia sprue.  The model's left arm looked silly on an infantry model, so I clipped it off.  Because the arm was connected to the torso, I had to carve the underlying metal to match the shape of the opposite side of the torso.  Oleg was a fairly labor intensive conversion, but back in 2009, when I created Oleg, Mordheim Kislev mercenary models were very hard to find and very expensive, so I had to make do with what I had on hand.  They're still expensive, but thanks to recasters (who try to pass them off as originals on eBay), there's more of them out there.

Here's how Oleg looked back in 2009.  I have since added a warhammer to his left hand and replaced the twin knives on his belt with a big curved knife from the Kroot sprue

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2018, 05:40:48 PM »
superb work.

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2018, 12:31:11 AM »
I've finally figured out how I want the players to score campaign points in our Autumn Mordheim campaign.  I've also developed a reputation reward system inspired by the Objective rules found in the Bordertown Burning fan-rules.  These rules supplement the campaign rules that I posted on page one of this thread.  Look for the map of Sylvania.

The campaign's warband roster is attached to this post as a pdf.   

Campaign Points

A warband earns its spot in the Final Skirmish by accumulating campaign points (CPs).  The four warbands with the highest sum total of CPs at the end of the campaign move on to the Final Skirmish.  If there is a tie between two or more warbands for ‘fourth place’, the fourth spot goes to the warband with the highest warband ranking   

Each game, a warband can earn one CP from each of the following events.

+1 CP For playing a scenario

+1 CP For winning the scenario

+1 CP If your opponent voluntarily routed

+1 CP If your opponent’s Leader was taken out-of-action by a member of your warband

+1 CP if one or more of your opponent’s models dies as a result of a roll on a Serious Injury Table

+1 CP If you recovered more Treasures than your opponent during the Post-Battle Sequence

+1 CP If your warband was entitled to an Underdog XP bonus

At the end of each game tally the CPs earned in that game and add it to the CPs earned from previous games.  This number is your sum total.   Record this sum total on your Campaign Roster and ask your opponent to confirm your sum total by initialing your Campaign Roster.

Reputation Rewards

As warbands acquire campaign points the warband’s leader becomes more capable and his reputation increases. To represent this, the accumulation of campaign points will confer upon leader and warband certain benefits and special abilities.  When a warband’s sum total of CPs equals or exceeds the totals listed below, the warband’s leader gains the corresponding reward (special ability).  The rewards are cumulative, so for example, when a warband’s sum total of CPs is 21 or greater, the leader will have all seven special abilities.

3 CPs - Lucky: Leader may re-roll any one dice roll during each game, or alternatively during exploration

6 CPs - Zealous: Leader hates enemy heroes and hired swords

9 CPs - Infamy: Leader causes fear in enemy henchmen and hired swords

12 CPs - Famed: If the Leader didn’t go out-of-action, henchmen and hired swords are hired at a 25% discount

15 CPs - Fearless: Leader is immune to fear and all alone tests

18 CPs - Heroic: Leader’s leader rule is extended an additional 6 inches

21 CPs - Survivor: Leader treats an 11-21 result on the Serious Injury table as a 66 ‘Survives Against the Odds’

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2018, 06:05:22 PM »
Two more models completed, my first Cossack (henchman) and an Esaul (hero).

The Cossacks are fierce fighters and unrelenting foes of Chaos, and Yakiv it no exception.  In a fight, Yakiv can always be found in the thick of it, swinging, stabbing, and tripping foes with his ash shafted halberd, Troll Gutter.

The dour Sergeant Ludvig has served alongside Captain Yuri since their days in ill-fated Kossar regiment. 

Many attribute the burly sergeant's preference for the marauder axe to Ludvig's mixed Norse and Kislev heritage.  However, if one were to ask the sergeant, he'd state plainly that uses the massive, bearded axe because he's found no weapon better at killin' people and beasts in need of killin'. 

« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 11:13:37 PM by Koyote »

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2018, 08:48:00 AM »
can only keep saying it - LOVE your painting style - v. smooth  - velvety!

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2018, 10:40:39 PM »
Thanks. 

Nine down, three to go!

Once I put paint on my leader and two more Cossacks my 500 gc warband will be ready to go.