Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:21:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: my 6mm Sci-Fi project  (Read 93723 times)

Offline Pattus Magnus

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: my 6mm Sci-Fi project
« Reply #630 on: June 22, 2022, 03:13:16 PM »
That is awesome in so many ways. I love the terrain and how the vegetation is only in the canyons where there would be a little more moisture and protection from the heat. Then having the settlements along the canyons just looks right. That kind of attention to detail makes me happy!

Offline LouieN

• Mastermind
  • "Aure entuluva!"
« Reply #631 on: June 22, 2022, 03:30:45 PM »
congrats.  It is beautiful. 

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #632 on: June 22, 2022, 05:47:38 PM »
I am always just amazed at your progress for this project and the designs you come up with just amazing!

If you did come up with a harvester, mineral extraction machine could be a good way to go just to avoid any hassles.
Just remember "If the Enemy is in range, so are YOU!

http://silo1313.blogspot.com/

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
« Reply #633 on: June 24, 2022, 10:51:00 AM »
Thank you everyone - too kind!

Looking fantastic.

You just need a spice harvester and you have the table top equivalent of the old Dune computer game.  Perhaps to avoid any potential IP issues you could make it a something else Harvester.  Difficult to find a suitable synonym for Spice - Gravy?  A Gravy Harvester?  The gravy must flow!

I'm actually quite proud not to have to follow a renown IP to get armies dones, BUT the idea of some mining devices is indeed pretty fascinating. Around 20 pages back in this thread I actually started working on a "mad max on excavators" faction, which will see the light hopefully before the end of the year! =)

That is awesome in so many ways. I love the terrain and how the vegetation is only in the canyons where there would be a little more moisture and protection from the heat. Then having the settlements along the canyons just looks right. That kind of attention to detail makes me happy!

Oh, the whole vegetation bit was a lot of fun to do! The texturing and painting, not so much. But we lived to get to the point where the greens had to be added!

I am always just amazed at your progress for this project and the designs you come up with just amazing!
If you did come up with a harvester, mineral extraction machine could be a good way to go just to avoid any hassles.

Absolutely! I've been eyeying some badass heavy duty machinery parts to "kitbash" into some badass kits!

Anyways - here's some photos of the latest work by Feo!
For anyone not knowing us, Feo is the partner-sculptor I'm filling the online store with. I've done around two-thirds of the sculpts on there, but the rest are his. We tried to uniform our styles and standards, but his stuff always have a strong sense of architectural logic!

Check out his new social pages, if you haven't yet!
https://www.facebook.com/feominiworlds
https://www.instagram.com/feo_miniworlds/
https://twitter.com/feo_miniworlds

Online jon_1066

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #634 on: June 24, 2022, 11:16:00 AM »
Thank you everyone - too kind!

I'm actually quite proud not to have to follow a renown IP to get armies done, BUT the idea of some mining devices is indeed pretty fascinating. Around 20 pages back in this thread I actually started working on a "mad max on excavators" faction, which will see the light hopefully before the end of the year! =)

For sure, I just loved playing that computer game back in the day (it was one of the first in the whole Command & Conquer style harvest, resources, build and expand style of game).  The IP even on that was pretty light apart from faction names and harvesting spice.  I think sandworms would also occasionally eat your harvester as well.  The presentation of the game was quite 6 mm in style.  So the tanks and infantry on screen were about the size you would expect in that scale and your troopers and tanks really remind me of it because of that.  Some kind of mining machine would just be cool - sifting unobtanium from the desert sands.  Please don't though as I have enough projects on the go!

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
« Reply #635 on: June 24, 2022, 11:27:53 AM »
For sure, I just loved playing that computer game back in the day (it was one of the first in the whole Command & Conquer style harvest, resources, build and expand style of game).  The IP even on that was pretty light apart from faction names and harvesting spice.  I think sandworms would also occasionally eat your harvester as well.  The presentation of the game was quite 6 mm in style.  So the tanks and infantry on screen were about the size you would expect in that scale and your troopers and tanks really remind me of it because of that.  Some kind of mining machine would just be cool - sifting unobtanium from the desert sands.  Please don't though as I have enough projects on the go!

Haha, i see what you mean about the RTS feel! I try to paint my models with a bright secondary color just like in RTS for that reason, it works very well! =)
Out of curiosity - have you tried the new Dune vdieogame? It's pretty smooth! =)

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #636 on: June 24, 2022, 05:23:48 PM »
Tropical terrain, eh?

You setting up for a War in the Pacific WW2 project?

And BTW, what happened to the large round antenna? I really liked that.

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
« Reply #637 on: June 24, 2022, 09:58:11 PM »
Tropical terrain, eh?

You setting up for a War in the Pacific WW2 project?

And BTW, what happened to the large round antenna? I really liked that.

Oh no specific plans, Feo was curious about sculpting some wooden buildings and did so!

What about the radio telescope? It's being out in the store for a while and is selling well! In fact i should probably paint one or two!

....and i should do something else of similar size for sure!! Ideas?

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
« Reply #638 on: June 29, 2022, 02:38:56 PM »
For anything interested, I just finished writing the painting tutorial I wrote for the Land Battleship!

https://thelazyforger.com/tutorials/land-battleship-painting-guide/

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #639 on: June 29, 2022, 07:05:58 PM »
Great work again as usual I am always stunned by the details you are achieving in your prints.

Are these files able to be scaled up to 15mm after downloading? or is there an option to download 15mm scale files? 

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
« Reply #640 on: June 29, 2022, 10:26:24 PM »
All the models are designed with 15mm scale in mind as well! Some people ( including a dozen Pages back in this thread) printed infantry and vehicles in 15mm with excellent results with a 240% scaling. The models need resupporting, but other than that they are really good!!

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
« Reply #641 on: July 07, 2022, 10:25:35 AM »
Some pictures of yesterday's game.

We played the "mainframe" scenario, we find some unbalancing to fix but al in all it worked well!

Happy about the new painted elements on the table. :)

Offline LouieN

• Mastermind
  • "Aure entuluva!"
« Reply #642 on: July 07, 2022, 04:29:42 PM »
It is a wonderful set up. 

I love the details inside the canyon

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #643 on: July 07, 2022, 04:42:14 PM »
All the models are designed with 15mm scale in mind as well! Some people ( including a dozen Pages back in this thread) printed infantry and vehicles in 15mm with excellent results with a 240% scaling. The models need resupporting, but other than that they are really good!!

Thank You, for the added information.

That terrain table and all of your other work all together, looks great! wish I was one of your neighbors.  lol lol

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
« Reply #644 on: July 09, 2022, 06:28:48 PM »
It is a wonderful set up. 

I love the details inside the canyon

Heh, all the little trees were fun to make! :)

Thank You, for the added information.

That terrain table and all of your other work all together, looks great! wish I was one of your neighbors.  lol lol

Yeah, I wish I had more neighbours who wanted to play! :S

Meanwhile - i did put some paint on my containers. I reckon i should print (and paint) more, but for now it'll do.

The serious challenge now is to find the best solution for airbrush stencils. I want to add some symbols on those containers!
So far, the results are underwhelming. (I might even go back to the "stamps" solution i tried a while ago)

Cheers
Jack