Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:06:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690898
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The Dark Gathers - The Barrow-Guard of King Taranis, p.14  (Read 38381 times)

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
Re: The Dark Gathers: Undead Bowmen
« Reply #120 on: January 31, 2021, 09:55:27 AM »
Lovely work as always on those bowmen  :)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 04:18:17 PM by AKULA »

Offline Little Odo

• Mastermind
    • Little Odo's Grand Days Out
« Reply #121 on: January 31, 2021, 01:24:36 PM »
Agree with all of the above posters - great job on those skellies.
Little Odo's Grand Days Out
http://littleodo.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline BZ

• Mad Scientist
  • https://oathgrave.blogspot.com/
    • Oathgrave
« Reply #122 on: January 31, 2021, 08:10:56 PM »
Your skills and the Mierce quality looks like a good pairing.

Offline Swordisdrawn

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
  • '
    • Sword is Drawn
« Reply #123 on: February 03, 2021, 11:32:40 AM »
Wow top notch painting!
'The night is gone and the sword is drawn and the scabbard thrown away!'

Instagram Swordisdrawn264

Offline Knight-Captain Tyr

• Mad Scientist
  • Journal Keeper
« Reply #124 on: February 03, 2021, 12:22:21 PM »
Thanks a lot guys! :)

Finished off an Oathmark-specific movement tray for the Barrow-guard, and with it a custom nameplate from Versatile Terrain! Bit impractical for 'tourney' games, but in Oathmark I think it'll be just fine. Got a bunch more of these custom nameplates for my Oathmark movement trays, looking forward to sharing a few more in the coming days.

" ... the seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."

-Thrall Flavor Text, Myth: The Fallen Lords

Online Roo

• Mad Scientist
Re: The Dark Gathers: The Barrow-Guard
« Reply #125 on: February 03, 2021, 01:09:18 PM »
Lovely stuff and that nameplate is very cool indeed, could I be cheeky and ask how much before I hit the website?

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #126 on: February 03, 2021, 07:32:04 PM »
what wonderful figures and painting.

funny - I came across my box of mierce minotaurs the other day and was just thinking how they're one of the 'disappeared' companies as far as LAF goes!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 01:10:03 PM by Bloggard »

• Mad Scientist
  • Journal Keeper
« Reply #127 on: February 04, 2021, 07:55:43 PM »
Lovely stuff and that nameplate is very cool indeed, could I be cheeky and ask how much before I hit the website?

Cheers! I'm afraid they are PRICY - something like Ł3 per plate. I only ordered a few as I'd just hit a paycheck, but still.

what wonderful figures and painting.

funny - I came across my box of miece minotaurs the other day and was just thinking how they're one of the 'disappeared' companies as far as LAF goes!

Thanks mate! Yeah, it is a shame they're not more widely used - but at those prices I guess it's not surprising haha.

For a while I've wanted to do a whole Undead unit themed around dead men raised from a mass grave, weapons and armour rusted and nature gradually reclaiming the makeshift burial ground. This is the beginning of that unit. Have to say I'm really pleased with the Oathmark skeletons kit, although I swapped out the skulls. Another 25 to go!

Offline LouieN

• Mastermind
  • "Aure entuluva!"
Re: The Dark Gathers: The Dead of Dzherzhin Bog
« Reply #128 on: February 04, 2021, 08:41:03 PM »
Amazing photos. 

Offline powerfrog99

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
« Reply #129 on: February 04, 2021, 09:02:06 PM »
Amazing photos.

Yes, especially the 3rd  :), very atmospheric  :o

Great color scheme  :)
These days it's Wargods and Warhammer Armies Project I am working on !

Check out my gallery here on LAF
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;u=2521

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #130 on: February 05, 2021, 02:45:55 PM »
Superb. Great trick with the lichen  8)

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
« Reply #131 on: February 05, 2021, 10:47:32 PM »
Nice work with the lichen...haven’t tackled a box of the Oathmark skellies yet, but seeing your work makes me want to give them a go

:)

Offline hubbabubba

• Mastermind
« Reply #132 on: February 06, 2021, 12:00:45 PM »
Those are excellent looking undead units, they've got  a lot  of atmosphere, reminiscent of Ana Polanšćak's stuff, great work on them.
Not sure about the lichen but I get what you're going for. I'm guessing you've seen this thread by Niklas P, I think he uses flock or static grass to get a mossy effect which gives the same idea: https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=113078.225

funny - I came across my box of miece minotaurs the other day and was just thinking how they're one of the 'disappeared' companies as far as LAF goes!

I've been sorely tempted by Mierce's undead a number of times, but the fact the that the guy behind them is a known shyster has always put me off.

You can catch a glimpse of the story here if you can be bothered:http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/showthread.php?51492, but basically from what I understand, the guy folded Maelstrom games, burning lots of customers, and put all the resources into Mierce.

Now, they make some lovely minis, but to my mind buying from them is condoning this behaviour.

That's my opinion, and I feel the same way about Prodos/Archeon or whatever they're trading under nowadays, but all said and done, it's a pleasure to see the minis presented to this standard. So thanks for posting them, and sorry for the minor thread derail.

Offline Reed

• Mad Scientist
  • Once bought, must be painted.
« Reply #133 on: February 06, 2021, 06:38:15 PM »
Great job on the Oathmark skeletons. The skulls and helmets were the thing that put me off the most of them.

• Mad Scientist
  • Journal Keeper
« Reply #134 on: February 06, 2021, 08:35:54 PM »
Cheers guys - really glad you all like them. I'm having a blast with them, I must say. Very simple to build and paint.

Those are excellent looking undead units, they've got  a lot  of atmosphere, reminiscent of Ana Polanšćak's stuff, great work on them.
Not sure about the lichen but I get what you're going for. I'm guessing you've seen this thread by Niklas P, I think he uses flock or static grass to get a mossy effect which gives the same idea: https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=113078.225

I've been sorely tempted by Mierce's undead a number of times, but the fact the that the guy behind them is a known shyster has always put me off.

You can catch a glimpse of the story here if you can be bothered:http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/showthread.php?51492, but basically from what I understand, the guy folded Maelstrom games, burning lots of customers, and put all the resources into Mierce.

Now, they make some lovely minis, but to my mind buying from them is condoning this behaviour.

That's my opinion, and I feel the same way about Prodos/Archeon or whatever they're trading under nowadays, but all said and done, it's a pleasure to see the minis presented to this standard. So thanks for posting them, and sorry for the minor thread derail.

I'm afraid I've heard a lot of this in the years since purchasing my Mierce undead. I've heard rather too many examples of customers being kept waiting (one poster on Dakka claims to have been kept waiting for 4!! years...) to dismiss. I haven't bought anything large from them recently but it does make me question if I ever want to again, I'm afraid :(

As noted in the Black Order thread, I've been making Oathmark unit cards - I just wanted an excuse to mess around with more flavour texts :)

Spot the obvious Myth reference, haha.