Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:58:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: A talk about Werewolves.  (Read 17745 times)

Offline Cranky

• Assistant
A talk about Werewolves.
« on: June 21, 2009, 09:35:20 PM »
Theres alot of different Werewolf styles out there that can be extreemely different. I'm kinda interested to see what peoples favorite werewolves are.

Personally I LOVED the one from "An American Werewolf in London." It was completely badass looking. I'm not so fond of the werewolves that look like hairy dudes with a wolf head on their shoulders. To me, a strong canine has a thick neck and many werewolf pictures have the werewolf with hardly a neck at all.

If they are supposed to be a Hybrid of man and wolf, shouldn't they have more wolf features than a wolf head & sometimes backwards jointed legs?

Offline HerbyF

• Mastermind
  • Why fear nightmares when you can be one
Re: A talk about Werewolves.
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 10:58:18 PM »
If they are supposed to be a Hybrid of man and wolf, shouldn't they have more wolf features than a wolf head & sometimes backwards jointed legs?
  Since they are Hybrids I like a good mix of different stages of man to wolf. Every thing from an extra hairy man to over sized wolves.
LHV 2015 +200 2016 +770 2017 +636 2018 +888 2019 +1015 2020 +656 2021 +174 2022 +220 2023 +312 2024 +109

Offline twrchtrwyth

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Don't join dangerous cults: practice safe sects.
    • Deeside Defenders
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 11:06:13 PM »
The ones in Underworld are probably my favorite and the ones in Buffy my least favorite.
He that trades Liberty for Security will soon find that he has neither.

Benjamin Franklin

Offline Poliorketes

• King of the Congo
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Never look back
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 08:37:07 AM »
Worst werewolf ever has been the naked rat in Harry Potter 3. Loved the Werewolves in Van Helsing - the only good thing in the movie (apart from Kate B.)
If you come for the king, you better not miss (Omar)

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2009, 01:04:38 PM »
Theres alot of different Werewolf styles out there that can be extreemely different. I'm kinda interested to see what peoples favorite werewolves are.

Personally I LOVED the one from "An American Werewolf in London." It was completely badass looking. I'm not so fond of the werewolves that look like hairy dudes with a wolf head on their shoulders. To me, a strong canine has a thick neck and many werewolf pictures have the werewolf with hardly a neck at all.

Interestingly This version was not one of my favourites. I like the look from Dog Soldiers.
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2009, 01:08:17 PM »
Underworld ones.
But do we have to talk about werewolves I would rather talk about leather bodysuits HOWLLLLLLL. ;D

Offline twrchtrwyth

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Deeside Defenders
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2009, 01:11:14 PM »
Underworld ones.
But do we have to talk about werewolves I would rather talk about leather bodysuits HOWLLLLLLL. ;D

As lovely as I'm sure you look in one, I think I'd rather stick to the werewolves. ;D

Offline undead_jon

• Bookworm
  • ~Just the way the doctor made me~
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2009, 02:07:38 PM »
The ones in Van Helsing are by far my favourite.

I think it comes from my of roleplaying days and the the descriptions in White Wolf's Werewolf: The Apocalypse game.

I do have a soft spot for the Lon Chaney jr look in The Wolf Man however :)

J
~What do you see in the dark when the demons come for you?~

My Painting Blog / My Displaced Miniatures Page

Offline archangel1

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2009, 02:29:53 PM »

...I like the look from Dog Soldiers.

The Dog Soldiers' ones were pretty good, except for the one shot where they were entering the bedroom.  You'll notice they were holding on to the roof beams for support on their stilts!
Why take Life seriously? You'll never get out of it alive!

Offline dodge

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2009, 04:20:07 PM »
underworld
van helsing
and american werewolf in london

liked those ones

dog soldiers were ok but there was something I can't put my finger on about them.

Offline Cranky

• Assistant
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2009, 05:05:05 AM »
I liked the ones from Dog soldiers as well, I did however feel they needed a little more hair on them. They had the thick necks, but the lack of hair made the bodies look a bit vulnerable to me.

Also the size comment reminded me of something. I also think werewolves are more impressive if they are taller than normal men. When a tall man (6'5" and up) walks into a room, he draws alot of attention. Add some Canine features and that attention becomes something more.

Alot of people are on super zombie kicks, personally I'll face 50 zombies to a single werewolf (If they were real that is.)

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2009, 08:29:36 AM »
I liked the ones from Dog soldiers as well, I did however feel they needed a little more hair on them. They had the thick necks, but the lack of hair made the bodies look a bit vulnerable to me.

Also the size comment reminded me of something. I also think werewolves are more impressive if they are taller than normal men. When a tall man (6'5" and up) walks into a room, he draws alot of attention. Add some Canine features and that attention becomes something more.

Alot of people are on super zombie kicks, personally I'll face 50 zombies to a single werewolf (If they were real that is.)

Yep I agree they need to be taller than a man/woman.

I am wondering what the new Wolf Man movie being released later this year with Benicio Del Torro will be like. From the picutres he is more human than wolf, in the style of Lon Chaney(as the film is a remake).

From the comments above i think I am firmly in the man in a rubber/hairy suit than the CGI of Van Helsing or Underworls, they just didnt do it for me.

I have been trying to remember what the Werewolves were like in the Howling?

Offline twrchtrwyth

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Deeside Defenders
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2009, 09:33:34 AM »

Oh yes, that native American woman. Good call. ;)

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2009, 01:31:11 PM »
There's also that werewolf trilogy with the two teenage sisters, "Ginger Snaps". Don't remember what the werewolf form looks like though.

Offline Cranky

• Assistant
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2009, 03:06:26 PM »

I just watched that a few weeks back. The werewolves were very nice in that one, but there were a few things I forgot. Robert Picardo, the hologram doctor from Star Trek Voyager was the main werewilf and the guy had hair past his shoulders. There was also a scene where they actually used animation to make some werewolves in front of a fire. They stood out badly!

I am wondering what the new Wolf Man movie being released later this year with Benicio Del Torro will be like. From the picutres he is more human than wolf, in the style of Lon Chaney(as the film is a remake).
Last year there was a movie called "Skinwalkers" that was about that type of werewolf. It's was pretty good IMO.