Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 10:38:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: SkyNet forces *current limbo*  (Read 12515 times)

Offline The Rock

• Librarian
Re: SkyNet forces *pics of 1st game*
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2009, 09:32:00 AM »
Nice game

Not how I want it to look though. I'm getting US infantry, vehicles and lots of nuked buildings I hope.

:-*

Offline Greylegion

• Bookworm
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2009, 10:02:34 PM »
Nise figures. Great job ob these.

Hey guys,

I was just at Hastings and was walking thru the magazine section. I was in the Film and TV section and saw a copy of "The Official Movie Souvenir Mag" titled "Terminator Salvation". I looked thru a copy and it has alot of really good information and sketched and pics of all of the different types of Terminator bots. Anyone into this movie, or gaming it, will certainly like this issue.

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2009, 10:41:00 PM »
Well, what do you know... here I was whining how those didn´t make it to German toy stores, and then today I go into our local Toys R Us on a whim and find those on the racks already discounted. So I bought the last one of the T-1s for less than 10 Euros.

Thorbjorn, did you use a special primer and how does it stick to it? Most of the tank seems to be a decent ABS plastic, but those weapon arms look suspiciously rubbery to me (not the ammo feeds, those are plain rubber, but the support. I´m thinking of using the Army Painter primer (which worked for me until now), but given previous experience, I wonder if I should get something else instead.

But that "arc of fire" mechanism totally cracks me up. Torso swivels as you move the bot. Hilarious.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 10:43:23 PM by Westfalia Chris »

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
  • Rowdy, Hostile and Wrong Inc.
    • Dr. The Vikings Miniature Games Hell
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2009, 05:31:22 AM »
Well, what do you know... here I was whining how those didn´t make it to German toy stores, and then today I go into our local Toys R Us on a whim and find those on the racks already discounted. So I bought the last one of the T-1s for less than 10 Euros.

Thorbjorn, did you use a special primer and how does it stick to it? Most of the tank seems to be a decent ABS plastic, but those weapon arms look suspiciously rubbery to me (not the ammo feeds, those are plain rubber, but the support. I´m thinking of using the Army Painter primer (which worked for me until now), but given previous experience, I wonder if I should get something else instead.

But that "arc of fire" mechanism totally cracks me up. Torso swivels as you move the bot. Hilarious.

There you go! Glad you found some. It sucks that they're already discounted because they definately won't get the harvester bot in then... Same story here in Denmark.

Perhaps it can be special ordered at the store?

As for painting I used regular citadel spray. I'm pretty sure that Armypainter sprays are regular DIY sprays with new stickers...  and I've read so many times about how they "rough" the surface of the miniatures, ruining the models, so I'm not a fan of using them (or - at least I'd rather just buy regular cheap DIY) on polyethene, but perhaps they'll work fine for ABS (which is pretty unsoluable by stuff that solves polyethen I think).

Lots of words.. now paint your robot and show it to all of us! ;D

My Empire - where everything I ever did is collected:

http://www.c0wabunga.com

Offline Renfield286

• Librarian
  • War, War never changes...
    • Renfield in 28mm
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2009, 10:12:29 AM »
loving the game, the figures, the paint jobs and the sheer carnage.

have you any more pictures of the ruined city terrain kicking about? that stuff is awesome.

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2009, 04:48:15 PM »
loving the game, the figures, the paint jobs and the sheer carnage.

have you any more pictures of the ruined city terrain kicking about? that stuff is awesome.

Let me just stress that the game included none of the planned terrain.

We just needed terrain to play in... and used what we had.

Idea is to make a 6x8 table or perhaps just 6x6... first one is easier in terms of tables, but needs more terrain. Jury is still out.

It's going to be boards with detailing (ruined roads, small rubble etc. ) and ruins to put on. I'm not making anything integrated as that really doesn't make transport/multiple use easier.

Offline Braxandur

• Mastermind
Re: SkyNet forces *first game*
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2009, 04:56:58 PM »
Nice to see that no one gives a flying f... about the rules.. so here are some pictures of my first test game instead:

Well.... I would if I knew the "I Ain't Been Shot, Mum!" rules set, but since I don't I can't really comment on your ideas  ;)

Nice pictures from the battle though. I was only wondering if you could tell a bit more about the game. Just one line per picture about what is going on gives me a better idea of what is happening.

Keep posting more, I need to see nice stuff to keep me from working  :)

Why aim for gold if you can get lead?

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2009, 06:51:15 PM »
Major threadomancy incoming!

This project stalled some time back... because I didn't really have a clue where to go terrain and techcom-wise.

BUT!

I've just had an appeti..apparati.. aprariti... whatever! I had a vision, that I might as well crashland all this in a "Scrunts vs. Killer Robots in the year 2356"

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2009, 07:31:42 PM »
Well I'll be looking forwards to this new development.

Offline GregX999

• Librarian
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2009, 03:13:33 AM »
I've been on the fence about getting IABSM, but seeing this thread (never saw it before) has pushed me over and I just bought it (along with Sharp Practice). Hopefully your custom rule mods can give me some ideas for modding of my own.

You know... I've also been on the fence about getting some of those Syntha figures just because I think they look neat... MUST RESIST! MUST RESIST!

Offline Vinlander

• Scientist
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2009, 01:35:02 PM »
Yay Scrunts!! :D

Please do continue posting updates on this project! I love seeing people pursuing new projects with figs they've had lying around for ages. I have so much stuff gathering dust I can use all the inspiration/hope I can get!!
"English is the result of the efforts of Norman men-at-arms to make
dates with Saxon barmaids, and is no more legitimate than any of the
other results." -- H. Beam Piper

Offline postal

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2009, 11:45:30 AM »
wow looks like a cool game

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2010, 07:33:37 AM »
Oh!

I just found out that Dark Horse is doing a brand new Terminator series in 2010!

http://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/17-027/The-Terminator-1

It's set in 2029. And could possibly bring all the stuff that the huge flop Salvation didn't.

I might actually get my finger out and start doing something about this soon... I've got the rules... half the dolls and now I just need those US marines and the terrain!