Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 05:50:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689222
  • Total Topics: 118264
  • Online Today: 500
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Forgotten and Glorious, gone?  (Read 3172 times)

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Forgotten and Glorious, gone?
« on: December 05, 2019, 05:55:25 PM »

Following an incident involving (my very own) human stupidity and a can of spray black primer, I had to "rush prime" a bunch of figures. Amongst those were a little over 24 ACW figures from FG minis 14th Brooklyn and about 78 Iron Brigade figures also from FG range.

This got me thinking about that company and I looked for their page on the Internet only to find out that they were out of business... That was a bad surprise. I know these figures were a little pricey, but, they were really, really nice.

I would like to see them back on sale. I wonder if anyone knows if their molds have been sold to another figures maker?  :(
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 06:10:53 PM by Calimero »
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline jcspqr

• Librarian
Re: Forgotten and Glorious, gone?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2019, 06:45:17 PM »
I have seen elsewhere that some of their molds have been acquired by Warlord Games.  Which ones, I am not certain. 

Offline Hunlion

• Librarian
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2019, 07:05:20 PM »
Yes, I was sorry to see them go too. I am not sure why he closed down. I really like his 1806 Prussian range.

Hunlion

Offline Painter Jim

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2019, 08:28:38 PM »
I still kick myself for not purchasing the ACW line before they closed.
The figures were beautiful and the range seemed to be growing in a descent progression.

With a resent purchase of the Iron Brigade consisting of 32 figures from a private seller on ebay, makes me regret not patronizing Forgotten and Glorious even more now, then ever.

Jim
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 08:30:14 PM by Painter Jim »

Offline Arthur

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2019, 05:42:11 AM »
The company officially went into judicial liquidation a couple of months ago, although it stopped trading a while ago.   

I  have about two 30-figures regiments' worth of Iron Brigade minis I probably won't do anything with so I can put them up for sale on the Bazaar of Obscurities board if there's any interest in them.

Offline Panaldi

• Student
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2019, 06:38:10 AM »
I  have about two 30-figures regiments' worth of Iron Brigade minis I probably won't do anything with so I can put them up for sale on the Bazaar of Obscurities board if there's any interest in them.

As I'm also one of those kicking himself for waiting too long, You could consider me interested  ;)

Offline Baron von Wreckedoften

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2019, 02:41:09 PM »
How far along did the 1806 Prussian range get?
No plan survives first contact with the dice.

Offline Arthur

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2019, 04:01:09 PM »
Off the top of my head, they originally commissioned a full range of infantry figures (musketeers, fusiliers & grenadiers) but were not satisfied with the sculpts. I think they did a very limited production run of these for the handful of people who had declared themselves interested but the miniatures never received a proper release (or so I recall : I didn't follow the whole thing very closely and my recollection may not be 100% correct here).

They then brought Alan Marsh on board to re-do the infantry and add cavalry and artillery. As far as I know, he only got around to doing a very comprehensive range of hussars. There may have been other sculpts but if that was the case, they were never previewed to the best of my knowledge.

As I'm also one of those kicking himself for waiting too long, You could consider me interested  ;)

Give me a couple of days to dig up the figures and take a couple of pics of the lot, and I'll put them up on the 'for sale' board either this week-end or early next week.

Offline FlyXwire

• Scientist
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2019, 04:16:48 PM »
I got in on the their initial ACW deal offer (all in frock coats), and was happy with the quality and size of the figures, which mixed pretty well with Perry's and a few Sash & Saber (F&G ones below being the standard bearers and a couple figs on the right) -

I was sorry to hear they closed!

Offline Painter Jim

• Scientist
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2019, 04:54:12 PM »
I am also interested in your offer.
I assume these to be unpainted.

Offline Arthur

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2019, 08:12:19 PM »
Done : they're in the 'for sale' section of the Bazaar of Obscurities. PM me if any of you are interested and think the price is right.

The pics were taken with my mobile phone and aren't the greatest but they give you a pretty good idea of the figures' condition. They should look a lot brighter than they do though (believe it or not, the paper I used as a background is bright yellow in real life rather than the dull ochre you get in the pics).

Offline Hunlion

• Librarian
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2019, 09:05:58 AM »

Did anyone pick up the molds?

Hunlion

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2019, 02:48:20 PM »
They then brought Alan Marsh on board to re-do the infantry and add cavalry and artillery. As far as I know, he only got around to doing a very comprehensive range of hussars. There may have been other sculpts but if that was the case, they were never previewed to the best of my knowledge.

Give me a couple of days to dig up the figures and take a couple of pics of the lot, and I'll put them up on the 'for sale' board either this week-end or early next week.

Yes!  I remember the hussars - very comprehensive, as I recall, with groups doing all sorts of hussary things, not just sabre at rest/being waved about.  Can't wait to see the photos.

Offline Arthur

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2019, 01:36:18 AM »
Can't wait to see the photos.

I meant the pics of the Iron Brigade figures I put up for sale on the Bazaar of Obscurities board. I never purchased any of the F&G Napoleonic early Prussians due to a lack of interest in this particular sub-period - and also the fact that they never got anything remotely resembling a proper release. 

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2019, 12:25:28 PM »
Ah, merde!