Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:06:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Back to Fantasy ~ Some New Orcs and Elves  (Read 56878 times)

Offline Melnibonean

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Boiled Beans
Re: Back to Fantasy ~ A Few Dwarfs
« Reply #300 on: June 08, 2023, 12:31:09 AM »
Just a quick one. Finished off a few dwarven archers that were sitting on my desk for a long while. They fill out my little warband but now I'm considering if I should build a whole dwarf army. I'd like to but I'm of two minds considering that it would mean painting 200 odd dwarves over the next few months.

Below is a link to my blog. It's the place where I write uninteresting things about little toy soldiers. I do this because I refuse to grow up and behave like an adult.

http://this28mmlife.blogspot.com.au/

Offline DalyDR

• Librarian
Re: Back to Fantasy ~ A Few Dwarfs
« Reply #301 on: June 08, 2023, 03:40:04 AM »
Really like these!  Remind me very much of the dwarves from the Rankin/Bass 1977 animated production of The Hobbit, especially the bare-headed fellow.

Offline Melnibonean

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Boiled Beans
Re: Back to Fantasy ~ Some New Figures
« Reply #302 on: June 20, 2023, 06:58:12 AM »
A couple of weeks back I posted about a scenario I designed for Dragon Rampant. I play tested it over a few weeks and the scenario works really well and should be getting published in a well known magazine some time in the future. Anyhow, I decided I needed a couple more figures for the scenario because I'm going to to be putting it on as a participation game at my clubs' open day in a few weeks time. I've added a paladin on foot for a dungeon themed game, a new sorceress and a wizard as an alternative to the sorceress.

Offline Melnibonean

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Boiled Beans
Re: Back to Fantasy ~ Company of the Red Hand
« Reply #303 on: June 22, 2023, 10:07:02 AM »
I bought a box of Oathmark Orcs to add to my large goblin army. I wasn't 100% happy with the weapons in the set so I decided to do a bit of conversion work using a bunch of left over pieces from some Perry Wars of the Roses and European Mercenaries boxes. They came out nicely and I intend to buy another box and do the same with them. So here are the Company of the Red Hand.

More details and pics on my blog at: http://this28mmlife.blogspot.com/2023/06/orcs-of-red-hand-small-conversion.html

Offline Hobgoblin

• Galactic Brain
    • Hobgoblinry
« Reply #304 on: June 22, 2023, 10:19:58 AM »
Brilliant conversions and paintwork! The bill and crossbow kit bashes work really well. I was surprised to read on your blog that you'd made the banner from plasticard - it looks very effective (and must help to keep the banner pole intact in play!).

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #305 on: June 22, 2023, 12:45:57 PM »
Great work, really looking the part.
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline Pattus Magnus

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #306 on: June 22, 2023, 05:24:07 PM »
I love what you have done there, those are vicious looking orcs! I always enjoy seeing how people have kitbashed the various plastic kits to make unique units.

Offline Melnibonean

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Boiled Beans
« Reply #307 on: June 23, 2023, 02:36:52 AM »
Brilliant conversions and paintwork! The bill and crossbow kit bashes work really well. I was surprised to read on your blog that you'd made the banner from plasticard - it looks very effective (and must help to keep the banner pole intact in play!).

Thanks Hobgoblin. It's a pretty easy way to make banners. Most of the time I just use very thin plasticard and bend in some movement and creases but you can always add a bit of greenstuff for more detail. Also, the attach to the pole very easily.

Great work, really looking the part.
Thanks GG

I love what you have done there, those are vicious looking orcs! I always enjoy seeing how people have kitbashed the various plastic kits to make unique units.
It's a great way to put those great weapons from the Perry sets to a good use.

Offline Melnibonean

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Boiled Beans
Re: Back to Fantasy ~ New Elf Regiment Added
« Reply #308 on: June 28, 2023, 01:03:06 AM »
A couple of weeks back I painted up a unit of elf archers and this week I did a unit of spearmen to go with them. They're a mix of several sets - Oathmark light and regular elf infantry with shields from Wargames Atlantic Dark age Irish. Together with the archers they make up a nice little bow and spear regiment.

Blog link here: https://this28mmlife.blogspot.com/2023/06/a-new-elf-regiment.html

Offline killshot

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
Re: Back to Fantasy ~ A New Elf Regiment Added
« Reply #309 on: June 28, 2023, 11:23:24 AM »
They look really good, nice kit bash with the shields.

Offline steeldragon

• Librarian
    • IG :)
« Reply #310 on: June 28, 2023, 12:29:23 PM »
Nice Oathmark models! I’m really enjoying their plastics, it’s nice to see what other people do with them.

Offline Melnibonean

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Boiled Beans
« Reply #311 on: June 30, 2023, 02:38:43 AM »
They look really good, nice kit bash with the shields.

Nice Oathmark models! I’m really enjoying their plastics, it’s nice to see what other people do with them.

Thanks guys. I really like the Oathmark figures too (I have a few hundred). They might be a bit generic but they look the way I like and they're great for conversions as well as filling the ranks for huge armies.

Offline Melnibonean

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Boiled Beans
Re: Back to Fantasy ~ Some Orcs and Some Elves
« Reply #312 on: July 15, 2023, 09:47:26 AM »
I've had a slowdown with my painting over the past couple of weeks but I did manage to get a few things painted and added to my armies. I also managed to build a bunch of plastic dwarves and a some undead that are going to have to wait in line before they get some brush action.

There's more pics on my blog at: http://this28mmlife.blogspot.com/2023/07/some-orcs-and-some-elves.html

Offline LouieN

• Mastermind
  • "Aure entuluva!"
Re: Back to Fantasy ~ Some New Orcs and Elves
« Reply #313 on: July 15, 2023, 10:12:27 PM »
Good work all around.  Love the Orc commander, well done

Offline Melnibonean

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Boiled Beans
Re: Back to Fantasy ~ Some New Orcs and Elves
« Reply #314 on: July 18, 2023, 12:22:04 AM »
Good work all around.  Love the Orc commander, well done

Thanks Louie. It's a nice figure. It's from the Oathmark Orc Command set.