Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:47:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Scale of Horrorclix compared to other figs?  (Read 5083 times)

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
  • We have no time for Trucers!
    • Black Army Productions
Scale of Horrorclix compared to other figs?
« on: July 25, 2009, 10:11:45 PM »
Can anyone tell me how Horrorclix figs stack up next to 28s? Specifically Hasslefree types. I'm looking to build up some "Infected" for Mutants and Death Ray Guns, and there are a few figs in the range I like the concept of (the evil cosmonaut, for example); however, I'm not sure how big they'd be when re-based.

-Doc

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
Re: Scale of Horrorclix compared to other figs?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 10:14:31 PM »
Horrorclix, like herocxlix are varying in size. Most however are large, closer to 35mm and wouldn't work too well with Hasslefree.

Offline dexter

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 02:30:40 AM »
hi
I've got a lot of Horror clix and the scales vary wildly, some are perfect others too small still others too big for use with Hasslefree . If you want them for Mutants etc their odd scale might not be a problem. The evil Cosmonaut is wearing a spacesuit  and one would expect that to be bulky so it might hide a lot of the sins of overscaling.

which other horror clix figures are you considering?

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
    • Black Army Productions
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 05:17:08 AM »
Dexter -

I was specifically thinking of the Cosmonaut and the Zombie ventriloquist. Any thoughts on the Ventriloquist?

-Doc

Offline dexter

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2009, 07:51:26 PM »
the  ventriloquist fits in nicely with Copplestone figures  so should be ok with most hasslefree, though he may seem like a well built zed
i tried to take some pics for you but my camera has died . All i've got are thumbnails  but they give an idea of approximate scale
The figures are,ventriloquest,cosmonaut and metal 'pulp fiction' Travolta and Jackson

Offline kidterminal

• Mastermind
  • A rising star in the hierarchy of Hell.
    • Fends in Waistcoats
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2009, 10:53:33 PM »
Thanks for the comparison pictures. I've found that the heroclix figures vary a great deal in size as well.

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
    • Black Army Productions
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2009, 04:32:24 AM »
the  ventriloquist fits in nicely with Copplestone figures  so should be ok with most hasslefree, though he may seem like a well built zed
i tried to take some pics for you but my camera has died . All i've got are thumbnails  but they give an idea of approximate scale
The figures are,ventriloquest,cosmonaut and metal 'pulp fiction' Travolta and Jackson

Thanks much, Dexter. Much appreciated.

-Doc

Offline dexter

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2009, 04:37:07 AM »
Thanks for the comparison pictures. I've found that the heroclix figures vary a great deal in size as well.

The Heroclix vary even more than the Horrorclix ,it really is pot lick with them

Offline warrenss2

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2009, 05:09:20 AM »
Clix come in various sizes.

Most of my zombies are from either Horrorclix or Heroclix and they fit just fine with my other metal 28mms.

For mutants I didn't care if they were all the same size, in fact I didn't want them to be. The mutants wouldn't "look" right if they were all the same size and uniform in some way. My mutant horde is at 100+ right now. They're made up of Mage Knight, Dreamscape, Horrorclix, Heroclix, and D&D figurines.

Check out these sites...
http://www.miniaturemarket.com/heroclix
http://www.miniaturemarket.com/horrorclix1
http://www.miniaturemarket.com/d_d_minis

Look for sites like this...
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mix/gallery
Within the galleries they show you the comparative sizes of the miniatures.

Heroclix gave me a lot of cops, punks, etc... people you'd see on the streets. Horrorclix gave me normals, zombies, and mutants. Mage Knight gave zombies & mutants mostly. Also remember that "normal looking" folk in these miniatures can be altered into a zombie or mutant with ease. In fact I got extra normals just for that purpose.

But for the ones I use with my other 28mm... they look just fine to me.
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2009, 06:14:44 AM »
I've found that the heroclix figures vary a great deal in size as well.

Which is nice. Cause both human and non humans vary in size as well.  :-)

Grimm

Offline kidterminal

• Mastermind
    • Fends in Waistcoats
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2009, 10:41:40 PM »
I've found that the DC heros are much smaller than the marvel heroes. The DC heroes seem to be true 28mm or 1/56th scale and the Marvel heroes are 30 to 33mm? This is for the regular humans and human type guys like green lantern, etc.

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2009, 01:08:26 AM »
I've found that the DC heros are much smaller than the marvel heroes. The DC heroes seem to be true 28mm or 1/56th scale and the Marvel heroes are 30 to 33mm? This is for the regular humans and human type guys like green lantern, etc.

Well that is because Marvel is bigger then DC right?  :-)

Grimm

Offline dexter

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2009, 03:16:41 PM »

I've found that all  clix vary wildly in scale . The DC are as bad as the Marvel.
For example from the  Arkham Asylum set the Riddler is 35mm and the Gotham City Detective is 39mm. Measurements are from foot to eye.

Offline wellender

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2009, 04:13:00 PM »
Later Heroclix sets are a joke when it comes to scale.  Crisis and especially Secret Invasion and Arkham were the worst.  Secret Invasion and Arkham also had some pretty bad sculpts/paint jobs.

Horroclix, for the most part, seem to be pretty inscale with each other for the first three sets.  I have a bunch of Hasselfree and rebased Horrorclix.  The Horroclix are big compared to Hasselfree.  However, I have my Horrorclix based on washers and the Hasselfree based on a standard miniatures base.  I find it kind of tricks your eye and makes them look just about right this way and I hate mixing scales.

Offline kidterminal

• Mastermind
    • Fends in Waistcoats
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2009, 11:52:18 PM »
Later Heroclix sets are a joke when it comes to scale.  Crisis and especially Secret Invasion and Arkham were the worst.  Secret Invasion and Arkham also had some pretty bad sculpts/paint jobs.

I have the earlier sets.