Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:25:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690847
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: How well do the Studio McVey figs scale with other lines?  (Read 2285 times)

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
How well do the Studio McVey figs scale with other lines?
« on: March 14, 2012, 01:11:12 AM »
How well do the Studio McVey figs scale with other lines? Such as infinity, and MERC mins.
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Minion

• Student
  • Action Scientist
    • The Idea Refinery
Re: How well do the Studio McVey figs scale with other lines?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 02:19:54 AM »
This might not be super-helpful, but there is a local guy who uses the Studio McVey Ruby figure as a Perdita Avatar in Malifaux. If anything, I'd say she's slightly more fine-boned than (much of) the Malifaux range, although a very similar height. That would lead me to guess that the Studio McVey figures would scale pretty well with the Infinity range (which are themselves somewhat fine).

Not sure about MERCs, and I'm sort of guessing anyway. But I'm trying to help! :)

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The dog, the dog, he's at it again
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 06:15:40 AM »
I distinctly seem to recall the opposite, they seem rather big and sturdy compared to Inifiny minis - with the caveat that a friend who has many more of those claims that Corvus Belli has slightly changed the baseline size of their line at some point. Height should not be an issue and as I only have Barker Zosa and Vokker Dargu*, and since at least the former is clearly supposed to be a big guy, maybe most Sedition Wars humans are smaller. BZ and VD would fit better with MERCS that are clearly bulkier as I recall.

*) where do they come up with these wonderful names? :P

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 08:33:47 AM »
I know right! Those names are pretty crazy. Does any one have any side by side comparison pics? And I think that the Mercs figs are supposed to be bulky/bigger then your average person. because the limited addition Kat Silvestri
 shows here to be a lot thinner then her armor would suggest.

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 10:08:53 AM »
I don't have any comparision pix with SW figs, but I can try and take some next week. I prolly can't have a MERCS fig in the identification line on such a short notice but I do have a couple of Infinity ones somewhere.

Offline dwartist

• Mastermind
    • DWARTIST'S PAINTING BLOG
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 10:19:38 AM »
There's quite a few pics on my blog with McVey (Sedition Wars are smaller than the limited edition) minis compared to others (sorry haven't time at the mo' to add links but you could have a browse  - here's several pics of various minis compared to a vehicle...http://dwartist.blogspot.com/2012/01/6x6-comparisons.html). As you can see the Sedition Wars Vanguard vary in size but would work well against both Infinity and Mercs I think.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 10:45:29 AM »
Thanks and no rush Tnjrp. I wont be able to order any soon. Just thinking up some planes for the future.
And Dwartist, thanks for the link. I am thinking that some of those heresy and Pig Iron System troopers would look pretty good next to them also.

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 01:19:23 AM »
I've got a handful of human Sedition Wars figs and I think they scale quite nicely with MERCS and Infinity. They're solid with some crisp, fine details and good figure dynamic like those ranges. I would say they are the same height as Pig Iron and Copplestone but thinner, less 'chunky'.

I like them for a number of reasons, one of which is they cause me to experiment with different painting techniques. They seem to end up a notch higher quality-wise than my usual brushwork.   

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2012, 12:32:05 PM »
It only took over two months for me to (a) remember to take the pic (b) get it out of the camera (c) put it up on the 'net and (d) to tell anyone about it. But here it is all the same:
http://heros.netai.net/pix/sw-i-sw-got-gw.jpg

So SW looks to be both obviously bigger ("heroic") and slightly taller than the current Infinity stuff or the rather size-and-style-compatible Atenociti G.O.T.s (OK they are a triffle shorter than Is). SW stylings do remind some other people more of MERCS as well, but partially for wrong reasons (got a mention of "big guns" - as if there weren't big guns in I ::)).
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 12:34:20 PM by tnjrp »