Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:57:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690921
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 657
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Black Army Update: Now have a caster for the Euzkadi  (Read 10936 times)

Offline Tobsen77

• Scientist
    • Tobsen77 Miniaturen
Re: Black Army Update: Now have a caster for the Euzkadi
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2009, 09:41:45 AM »
Hello... I started working on the Ehrhardt... don't have too much time at the moment, so no pictures for the moment ;) Tobi

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
  • We have no time for Trucers!
    • Black Army Productions
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2009, 10:14:57 AM »
I'm sure you'll do a great job on it :) Now forget those important things like real life and employment and get me some pictures! lol

-Doc

Offline Tobsen77

• Scientist
    • Tobsen77 Miniaturen
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2009, 10:25:46 AM »
I'm sure you'll do a great job on it :) Now forget those important things like real life and employment and get me some pictures! lol

-Doc

My main occupation for the last 5 weeks  (and the next 1000) weighs 4000g and absorbs loads of poo with infernal noises! ;)

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
    • Black Army Productions
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2009, 10:56:15 AM »
Ok, I give. What on earth do you work with? Some sort of advance sewage treatment vehicle? A german UBoat equipped for dealing with New York's trash problem? :)

-Doc

Offline Tannenberg

• Librarian
    • Rif Raf Miniatures Ltd
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2009, 05:05:35 PM »
Stark, duely noted on the Euzkadis. I'll add two to the number to to be cast. And thanks for the support with the Ehrhardt... again, not sure when that'll be ready, but Tobi's agreed in principal to sculpt it after he's done some of his own projects. (And he's working on some really cool stuff, I must say.)

-Doc

Gamer Mac pointed me in your direction about the 'Ehrhardt'.  I'm very interested in this particular vehicle!!!  What a machine!!! :) It's so difficult to try and get something like this in 28mm.  I'm looking at doing wargaming scenarios for Latvia 1919 and also some of the uprisings in Germany during that period. 

Marco
“Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.”

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
    • Black Army Productions
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2009, 10:42:53 PM »
My thanks to Mac for pointing you my way, Tanneberg, and thanks for the interest.

There were definitely Ehrhardts in Latvia in 1919 - I think there's a photo of one of them at Landships, but I'm not one hundred percent certain. Something like twenty of the things were built post war, and they were used pretty much everywhere the Germans were during the Interwar period.The Polish had a few, too, which were involved in the Russo-Polish War. (And unlike the mythic Polish A7V, there's actual evidence for this.)

Tobi is working on the car now, and as soon as he feels comfortable with it I'm sure he'll send me some pictures, at which point I'll be closer to knowing when it'll be available. (He's fast, but he also has other priorities, so I don't want to pin him down by guessing a time/date of completion.) He indicated to me that he thinks the odd wheels on the car will be the most "interesting" part of the build, and I suspect he's right.

I will post here on the LAF first when the Ehrhardt is available.

-Doc

Offline Tannenberg

• Librarian
    • Rif Raf Miniatures Ltd
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2009, 11:42:07 PM »
My thanks to Mac for pointing you my way, Tanneberg, and thanks for the interest.

There were definitely Ehrhardts in Latvia in 1919 - I think there's a photo of one of them at Landships, but I'm not one hundred percent certain. Something like twenty of the things were built post war, and they were used pretty much everywhere the Germans were during the Interwar period.The Polish had a few, too, which were involved in the Russo-Polish War. (And unlike the mythic Polish A7V, there's actual evidence for this.)

Tobi is working on the car now, and as soon as he feels comfortable with it I'm sure he'll send me some pictures, at which point I'll be closer to knowing when it'll be available. (He's fast, but he also has other priorities, so I don't want to pin him down by guessing a time/date of completion.) He indicated to me that he thinks the odd wheels on the car will be the most "interesting" part of the build, and I suspect he's right.

I will post here on the LAF first when the Ehrhardt is available.

-Doc

That's great Doc, I will be looking forward to seeing the final product.  Are you planning for any other vehicles etc for the inter-war years?

Marco 

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
    • Black Army Productions
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2009, 12:18:47 AM »
Oh yes, certainly. Plenty more. As I'm a one man operation, more or less, I can't produce the volume that other companies do, and I do have a limited budget, but I hope to release more vehicles in the future. The most likely possible projects in the next few months:

- Austro-Hungarian Armored Cars  (Romfell and Junovicz)
- the Krupp "Kugelpanzer"
- Garford Armored Truck (RCW era; also known as the Putilov-Garford)

Lots of other ideas, and as usual, always open to suggestions, hints, leads, etc.

-Doc

« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 12:40:35 AM by Doc Twilight »

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2009, 12:25:03 AM »
I think you should be commended Doc... It's good to see someone willing to produce obscure vehicles (at whatever pace you choose to work), there may not be a mass market for them, but a few individuals will be very grateful for your efforts!  :)

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
    • Black Army Productions
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2009, 02:45:59 AM »
Jim -

Thanks for the kind words. The idea is to make vehicles and figures that people want, but that the big guys won't touch, or have promised for years but not delivered. I don't expect to get rich, but if I can get a few options on the market, and maybe eventually break even, I'll be happy.

-Doc

Offline bandit86

• Scatterbrained Genius
Barbarella: What's that screaming? A good many dramatic situations begin with screaming...
http://bandit86.blogspot.com/

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
    • Black Army Productions
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2009, 09:22:34 AM »
Here one for you  :D
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/187/408420463_d5499e60d9.jpg

another
http://englishrussia.com/images/weird_tanks/18.jpg
one more
http://img169.imageshack.us/i/43097163fs2.jpg/

Thanks for the links, Bandit.

Yeah, I'm well acquainted with the Tsar tank, and believe me, I'd love to cover it. But it's fricken huge. I'm sure somebody like Tobi could pull it off, but it'd would probably not be the world's smallest, or cheapest model to commission, cast, or purchase. Then again, the components are relatively simple by themselves, just big, so I suppose anything's possible!

-Doc

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
    • Black Army Productions
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2009, 09:55:48 AM »
Just forgot another vehicle that was on the short list (have misplaced my organizer). Belgian Minerva. A must have.

-Doc

Offline bandit86

• Scatterbrained Genius

Offline WillieB

• Mastermind
  • Gotcha!
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2009, 01:50:32 PM »
Just forgot another vehicle that was on the short list (have misplaced my organizer). Belgian Minerva. A must have.
-Doc

Oh yes, please! Pretty please!
Panic, Chaos and Disorder. My job here is done