Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:15:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686446
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: An old kickstarter similar to Sisters of Sigmar  (Read 1218 times)

Offline ulverston

• Scientist
An old kickstarter similar to Sisters of Sigmar
« on: June 29, 2020, 07:54:12 AM »
Hi Chaps,

I was looking for news on a kickstarter that featured figures similar to the old Sisters of Sigmar from Games Workshop. I was wondering what happened to them and if it ever got off the ground (or indeed if the mighty GW squashed it?). The figures did certainly look amazing but I literally cannot find a picture of them anywhere now.

Can anyone remember the kickstarter in question and can the figures now be purchased? These would be handy for Frostgrave or as proxy figures for the Old World.... (can't wait for the return of that one).

Thanks in advance, this has been an irritating mystery for over a week now and Google has failed me!

Offline Citizen Sade

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
Re: An old kickstarter similar to Sisters of Sigmar
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2020, 07:59:56 AM »
I think you’re talking about the Sisters of Serens that are available from Last Sword Miniatures.

There is or was a more recent not-Sisters Kickstarter that I saw on Tabletop Fix or somewhere.

Offline Citizen Sade

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2020, 08:09:06 AM »
I did a bit of digging and it’s Heresy Lab with the incoming Kickstarter.

https://www.heresylab.com/

Offline ulverston

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2020, 10:20:33 AM »
Citizen Sade, thank you for the help. This is exactly what I was looking for... its so odd that I could not find it! I have never backed a kick starter before and lost track of the Sisters so its great to see them make it onto the market.

Thanks again for the link... now to scheme an order without the wife finding out.

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2020, 12:17:34 PM »
The prior Kickstarter was either Raging Heroes or Last Sword (I cannot recall which was first).  Raging Heroes:
https://www.ragingheroes.com/collections/holy-blades-sisters-fantasy

That is the fantasy version, they are also producing similar with a Sci Fi  (Sisters of Battle) theme, the figures are big 28mms but not heroic proportion. Very OTT designs loaded with superfluous detail and in very dynamic poses.

....note: that is a bloody awful website, far too many pop ups and effects that interfere with actually looking at the models.

Last Sword:
https://lastsword.com/en/store/?swoof=1&product_cat=Serens
Also big 28mm true proportion figures, less OTT design and less dynamic poses. These are much closer to the old GW style figures.

The Heresy Lab campaign Citizen Sade mentioned has not started yet (7th July).  Their figures are excellent 28mm true proportion. I have backed the 2 previous Mordheim inspired campaigns and will be getting some of not all of these too.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 12:19:39 PM by robh »

Offline ulverston

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2020, 03:25:27 PM »
RobH thanks, the info on the sizes are really useful... I may dip my toes into the water re kickstarters with Heresy Lab-I will have a look at their back catalogue as well. Mordheim fascinates me but I missed out as no one was playing it and I was working abroad n and off. It will be interesting to see what Heresy Lab have done for it as it has been abandoned by GW.

Is there a UK stockist does anyone know?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 03:27:11 PM by ulverston »